Windows 10: weird effect

Discus and support weird effect in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Doing a little house cleaning, I remove a few windows features I wasn't using. One of them was explorer 11, Which I didn't use in any of its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thomaseg1, May 9, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

weird effect

Doing a little house cleaning, I remove a few windows features I wasn't using.
    One of them was explorer 11, Which I didn't use in any of its incarnations.
    After the reboot all my Web shortcuts on the desktop lost their icons.
    They still worked but were blank.
    Restoring exp 11 put them back.
    The icons were made with Firefox so shouldn't have been effected by uninstalling
    exp 11.
    Any clues out there?

:)

thomaseg1, May 9, 2019

2. Lock Screen Fade to Desktop Effect Not Working

Hi,

Before we assist you let us know few details,

• Did you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• Have you created any system restore point on your computer?

As initial troubleshooting steps I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Update & security >
    Windows Update > Check for updates.

We suggest you to try changing the visual effect setting. To Change your Visual Effects Settings in Advanced System Settings refer the below steps,

• Press Windows logo key+ X

• Click on Control panel

• Select System and Security

• Click on System

• And select System protection

• Select Advanced tab and click on
      Settings

• Now select the option Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer
      option.

And check if this helps to resolve the issue.

Hope this information helps with best visual effect on your device.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, May 9, 2019
  3. wolf Win User
    True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

wolf, May 9, 2019
  4. weird effect

Weird Sound Effect playing in the Background from time to time

Weird Sound Effect playing in the Background from time to time, Whenever I play a game or watch Netflix from time to time, I start to hear this weird sound effect sorta of like sci fi sound effect playing in the background (headset) and it hasn't happened
    before. I troubleshoot audio maybe even disable audio enhancements but nothing.

NapoleonBP_824, May 9, 2019
Thema:

weird effect

1. weird effect - Similar Threads - weird effect

2. Weird Search bar on the top of my windows 10 screen, how can i fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Search bar on the top of my windows 10 screen, how can i fix it?: Just recently a white bar popped up on the top of my screen and I'm not sure what it is and how to fix it. I've tried searching through settings to find out what it is and nothing would show, I've tried looking for foreign fills and there isn't any that are new. whenever I...
  3. Computer is extremely weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is extremely weird: Ok, so i downloaded a gta v mod pack before this all happened, but it was reputable apparently but afterwards this happened. running fortnite crashed everytime mid game. I tried to go into command panel and “repair” it. There was a popup that said i wasnt allowed to do it....
  4. A weird error causing in my system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A weird error causing in my system: hi, i am experiencing a very weird problem in my laptop. its related to windows 10. well, i am sure this isnt related to the manufacturer of the laptop but with the os itself. I sometimes experience a error dialog box whenever i want to open certain thing, not everything...
  5. weird effect

in Browsers and Email
    weird effect: Doing a little house cleaning, I remove a few windows features I wasn't using. One of them was explorer 11, Which I didn't use in any of its incarnations. After the reboot all my Web shortcuts on the desktop lost their icons. They still worked but were blank. Restoring exp 11...
  6. Weird background bug.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird background bug.: For some reason, my background would change into a different picture for no reason, I can't even find the picture in any of my PCs files. The picture below is what it gets changed to.[ATTACH]...
  7. File Explorer - Dark theme looks weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer - Dark theme looks weird: When I change my "Default App Mode" in personalisation settings, File Explorer doesn't look like it should:[ATTACH] I seem to remember having a program at one point that changed how file explorer looked (Classic Shell) but I've uninstalled it. I've looked through my list of...
  8. Weird problem whilst backup with Macrium to new external drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Weird problem whilst backup with Macrium to new external drive: I fitted a new HDD to a PC (not mine) to move folders from primary SSD, all went well until I tried to backup both drives with Macrium Reflect Free. Whilst the pc had the SSD only I had no problem backing it up to the same new Seagate external drive. When backing up the SSD...
  9. Weird Sound Effect playing in the Background from time to time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Sound Effect playing in the Background from time to time: Weird Sound Effect playing in the Background from time to time, Whenever I play a game or watch Netflix from time to time, I start to hear this weird sound effect sorta of like sci fi sound effect playing in the background (headset) and it hasn't happened before. I...
  10. Weird effects of latest Win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird effects of latest Win 10: Anyone like to have a go at this one? I downloaded the latest Win 10 and now the Window button, bottom left does not work, and in order to get a menu to shut down I have to right click on it. The search box to the right does not work either, and will not allow me to enter...