Windows 10: weird effect

Discus and support weird effect in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Doing a little house cleaning, I remove a few windows features I wasn't using. One of them was explorer 11, Which I didn't use in any of its... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by thomaseg1, May 9, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

weird effect

Doing a little house cleaning, I remove a few windows features I wasn't using.
    One of them was explorer 11, Which I didn't use in any of its incarnations.
    After the reboot all my Web shortcuts on the desktop lost their icons.
    They still worked but were blank.
    Restoring exp 11 put them back.
    The icons were made with Firefox so shouldn't have been effected by uninstalling
    exp 11.
    Any clues out there?

:)

thomaseg1, May 9, 2019

2. Lock Screen Fade to Desktop Effect Not Working

Hi,

Before we assist you let us know few details,

• Did you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• Have you created any system restore point on your computer?

As initial troubleshooting steps I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Update & security >
    Windows Update > Check for updates.

We suggest you to try changing the visual effect setting. To Change your Visual Effects Settings in Advanced System Settings refer the below steps,

• Press Windows logo key+ X

• Click on Control panel

• Select System and Security

• Click on System

• And select System protection

• Select Advanced tab and click on
      Settings

• Now select the option Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer
      option.

And check if this helps to resolve the issue.

Hope this information helps with best visual effect on your device.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, May 9, 2019
  3. wolf Win User
    True core and memory clock on my GFX...what should I trust?

i have the list of nvidia core and shader steppings if you like, it shows the requested clockspeed versus the effective clockspeed.

wolf, May 9, 2019
  4. weird effect

Weird Sound Effect playing in the Background from time to time

Weird Sound Effect playing in the Background from time to time, Whenever I play a game or watch Netflix from time to time, I start to hear this weird sound effect sorta of like sci fi sound effect playing in the background (headset) and it hasn't happened
    before. I troubleshoot audio maybe even disable audio enhancements but nothing.

NapoleonBP_824, May 9, 2019
Thema:

weird effect

1. weird effect - Similar Threads - weird effect

2. Cancel the weird effect that file explorer has put onto my photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel the weird effect that file explorer has put onto my photos: When I'm viewing photos in file explorer, it automatically puts this weird fisheye effect onto my photos. This is so annoying. How can I cancel it...
  3. Cancel the weird effect that file explorer has put onto my photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cancel the weird effect that file explorer has put onto my photos: When I'm viewing photos in file explorer, it automatically puts this weird fisheye effect onto my photos. This is so annoying. How can I cancel it...
  4. Why does certain apps have this weird frosted over effect and how do I stop it?

Why does certain apps have this weird frosted over effect and how do I stop it?: On apps like Xbox and Curseforge, this weird thing happens where the app appears to freeze over. Sometimes parts of it go away if I hover over them or interact around them, but they come back. It doesn't have the effect when I open the apps so I would assume it isn't an issue...
  5. Why does certain apps have this weird frosted over effect and how do I stop it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does certain apps have this weird frosted over effect and how do I stop it?: On apps like Xbox and Curseforge, this weird thing happens where the app appears to freeze over. Sometimes parts of it go away if I hover over them or interact around them, but they come back. It doesn't have the effect when I open the apps so I would assume it isn't an issue...
  6. Why does certain apps have this weird frosted over effect and how do I stop it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Having problem with external storage device having weird effects on my pc and not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problem with external storage device having weird effects on my pc and not working...: So I'm have problem's with my Toshiba SSD, before it used to work fine now when I open file explorer just stops responding, my background goes black, and my task bar disappears for a bit then it comes back and if i unplug the SSD everything will return to normal now that iv...
  8. Having problem with external storage device having weird effects on my pc and not working...

Having problem with external storage device having weird effects on my pc and not working...: So I'm have problem's with my Toshiba SSD, before it used to work fine now when I open file explorer just stops responding, my background goes black, and my task bar disappears for a bit then it comes back and if i unplug the SSD everything will return to normal now that iv...
  9. Weird fringing effects primarily in the Brave browser and sometimes in WhatsApp for PC and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird fringing effects primarily in the Brave browser and sometimes in WhatsApp for PC and...: these weird effects have a strange rise and decay pattern over time. Used to come only in Whatsapp in Win10 but in Win11 it seems to come to the brave browser rendering it useless and this only affects stagnant frames and pictures but not any video playback.I have tried all...
  10. Weird fringing effects primarily in the Brave browser and sometimes in WhatsApp for PC and...

Weird fringing effects primarily in the Brave browser and sometimes in WhatsApp for PC and...: these weird effects have a strange rise and decay pattern over time. Used to come only in Whatsapp in Win10 but in Win11 it seems to come to the brave browser rendering it useless and this only affects stagnant frames and pictures but not any video playback.I have tried all...