Windows 10: Weird event

Discus and support Weird event in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've reinstalled Windows 10 on my new SSD (clean install) and today I got 6291 events, all received at once (in one minute) which say the following:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by derek10, Feb 18, 2016.

1. derek10 Win User

Weird event

I've reinstalled Windows 10 on my new SSD (clean install) and today I got 6291 events, all received at once (in one minute) which say the following:
    Event ID 7 WudfUsbccidDrv
    Device responded with an error status.

I didn't got so much info at Google, except some obscure sites and forum posts without replies, only that is related to smart card readers, fingerprint sensors and/or VMware (?)

I have a multi card reader with a smart card slot and VMware Player. No fingerprint sensor.

The smart card reader works fine, however

Is this something to be concerned? some conflict between it and VMware?

Thank you.

:)

derek10, Feb 18, 2016

2. Windows 10 just automatically reverted to Windows 8.1

This is weird issue, open start and search for event viewer and open it and see whether is there any issue related to this problem?

Cyber_Defend_Team, Feb 18, 2016
  3. Cannot sync 1 recurring meeting with

Weird indeed. Does the event has notes attached to it?

Pocket PC Mauritius omnia i900 avnya henriett

Linley Meslier, Feb 18, 2016
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Weird event

If this happened right after the clean install, and before, during, or right after installing drivers, then I would wait and observe it over the next couple days.
    If it reoccurs then it is a problem, if it was just that one time as above I think you can ignore it.

5. derek10 Win User
    Sorry for the extreme late reply *Sad

Finally the cause was a loose connection between the card reader and the USB header on motherboard. the problem worsened suddenly, my computer randomly was making the disconnecting and connecting sound, along with the card reader stopping working and the event viewer being spammed with the same error. Finally opened the case, while the PC was on, wiggled the connector a bit and the computer was constantly detecting/undetecting it *Smile
    So I've tighten it more and seems to be fixed.

Thank you *Smile

derek10, Aug 17, 2016
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Well, glad you got it sorted. Good work!

Thema:

Weird event

1. Weird event - Similar Threads - Weird event

2. weird warning logged in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird warning logged in event viewer: my pc for no reason "refreshed" so i went to the event logger and found this warning that was recent, im worried it might be some sort of malware im not familiar stuff so some explanations would be appreciated- <Event...
  3. weird warning logged in event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird warning logged in event viewer: my pc for no reason "refreshed" so i went to the event logger and found this warning that was recent, im worried it might be some sort of malware im not familiar stuff so some explanations would be appreciated- <Event...
  4. Extremely Weird EVENT ID 7 Spamming my entire event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extremely Weird EVENT ID 7 Spamming my entire event viewer: Just as the title says, occasionally, my laptop has blue screened about 3 times about once a month very randomly, but this morning when I woke up, upon booting my laptop, it said there was no disk drive found. I simply just turned it off and on again and it started to boot...
  5. Event ID 11 (disk) in Event Viewer - frontal USB ports acting weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event ID 11 (disk) in Event Viewer - frontal USB ports acting weird: Hello, So, I was taking a look at Event Viewer today, and I found lots of events, the source being "disk", with ID 11, about a controller error. As my SSD works fine and everything seems to point to removable drives (since the SSD is 'HardDisk0' and all errors show...
  6. Application keeps crashing and I see a weird message when I check the Event Viewer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Application keeps crashing and I see a weird message when I check the Event Viewer.: One of my applications where crashing and I checked the Event Viewer and saw this message with the application. What does that message mean? [ATTACH]...
  7. Weird Source in event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Source in event viewer: I was looking for the process that was preventing my shutdown in Event Viewer, I found it and it was BTServer.exe that was stopping it, but the Source of it was called Winsrv, I did a goole search on it and it said that it was a trojan, I have strong doubt because it said...
  8. Desktop files deleted after a few other weird events

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop files deleted after a few other weird events: Hey there Microsoft Community! I hope you are all doing well amidst this COVID pandemic. I use an ASUS TP300L, Windows 8.1 Single Language, Intel Core i3. 64-bit if that may be a necessary piece of information. Okay so this started 2 or 3 hours ago. I'm gonna describe...
  9. Computer keeps waking itself from hibernation with this weird thing in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps waking itself from hibernation with this weird thing in Event Viewer: My event viewer is filled with errors and information about some application called MultiAntennaSVC. I've searched google and these forums for whatever this is and cannot find it. Someone please help me figure out how to get rid of or fix this issue. It says "The...
  10. Weird events: 5058 5059 and 5061

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird events: 5058 5059 and 5061: Hello, today I saw those event ids in the log viewer, it happened in a moment I was sleeping. 5058 5059 5061 I see these have to do with windows credentials, with the backup/transfer/storage of them, but not sure exactly what happened. The PID was related to Xbox...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device responded with an error status.status: readercompletionunknownmsgtype