Windows 10: Weird event

Discus and support Weird event in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've reinstalled Windows 10 on my new SSD (clean install) and today I got 6291 events, all received at once (in one minute) which say the following:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by derek10, Feb 18, 2016.

1. derek10 Win User

Weird event

I've reinstalled Windows 10 on my new SSD (clean install) and today I got 6291 events, all received at once (in one minute) which say the following:
    Event ID 7 WudfUsbccidDrv
    Device responded with an error status.

I didn't got so much info at Google, except some obscure sites and forum posts without replies, only that is related to smart card readers, fingerprint sensors and/or VMware (?)

I have a multi card reader with a smart card slot and VMware Player. No fingerprint sensor.

The smart card reader works fine, however

Is this something to be concerned? some conflict between it and VMware?

Thank you.

:)

derek10, Feb 18, 2016

2. Windows 10 just automatically reverted to Windows 8.1

This is weird issue, open start and search for event viewer and open it and see whether is there any issue related to this problem?

Cyber_Defend_Team, Feb 18, 2016
  3. Cannot sync 1 recurring meeting with

Weird indeed. Does the event has notes attached to it?

Pocket PC Mauritius omnia i900 avnya henriett

Linley Meslier, Feb 18, 2016
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Weird event

If this happened right after the clean install, and before, during, or right after installing drivers, then I would wait and observe it over the next couple days.
    If it reoccurs then it is a problem, if it was just that one time as above I think you can ignore it.

5. derek10 Win User
    Sorry for the extreme late reply *Sad

Finally the cause was a loose connection between the card reader and the USB header on motherboard. the problem worsened suddenly, my computer randomly was making the disconnecting and connecting sound, along with the card reader stopping working and the event viewer being spammed with the same error. Finally opened the case, while the PC was on, wiggled the connector a bit and the computer was constantly detecting/undetecting it *Smile
    So I've tighten it more and seems to be fixed.

Thank you *Smile

derek10, Aug 17, 2016
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Well, glad you got it sorted. Good work!

Thema:

Weird event

1. Weird event - Similar Threads - Weird event

2. weird file on desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    weird file on desktop.: For some reason this random empty file (no file type) with the name "..." appeared yesterday. I've done windows updates, virus scans, restarted and shut down my computer and cleaned up some space but the file will not go away. It randomly keeps moving all over my desktop,...
  3. Weird sound driver bug when changing volume Windows 1903

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird sound driver bug when changing volume Windows 1903: I'm currently using Windows 1903 with Realtek sound driver. When I changed the volume of my computer all the sound suddenly disappeared. The only fix I find till now is to Uninstall the driver and then restart and not messing with the volume. I'm asking this to find if anyone...
  4. Weird internet throttling behavior while gaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird internet throttling behavior while gaming: Hi, This is not an assistance request as I figured out how to fix my issue, but more like a question about how networking is managed while in game on Windows 10. I currently lives in a country where you need to refill your ISP every month to get your internet access, my...
  5. VB5 Pro Application Setup Wizard Weirdness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VB5 Pro Application Setup Wizard Weirdness: Weird; could not get VB 5.0 “Application Setup Wizard” to work on my laptop (Dell 3000-3552 Windows 10 1903) but does on my old eMachine (same Win 10). Copied the “Microsoft Visual Basic 5.0” with all the wizard stuff onto jump stick then downloaded that to my laptop and it...
  6. Weird windows defender notification

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird windows defender notification: I was compressing a folder, and a notification by Windows Defender popped up saying: "Your IT administrator requires a security scan of this item. The scan could take up to 10 seconds." I don't ever recall receiving this message in the past, and the computer I use is a home...
  7. Computer keeps waking itself from hibernation with this weird thing in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps waking itself from hibernation with this weird thing in Event Viewer: My event viewer is filled with errors and information about some application called MultiAntennaSVC. I've searched google and these forums for whatever this is and cannot find it. Someone please help me figure out how to get rid of or fix this issue. It says "The...
  8. Weird events: 5058 5059 and 5061

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird events: 5058 5059 and 5061: Hello, today I saw those event ids in the log viewer, it happened in a moment I was sleeping. 5058 5059 5061 I see these have to do with windows credentials, with the backup/transfer/storage of them, but not sure exactly what happened. The PID was related to Xbox...
  9. Weird error with in Event Viewer - 'Windows didn't shut down porperly'

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird error with in Event Viewer - 'Windows didn't shut down porperly': I recently built me a new computer to move from my old one. It posts and windows installed correctly. I installed the Ethernet port (killer) and everything is working fine. It shuts down normally, but when I start it back up and looked under event viewer, it says that windows...
  10. Weird event viewer errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird event viewer errors: Hello, Event Viewer is showing the following errors: The User Data Storage_Session1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service. The User Data Access_Session1 service...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device responded with an error status.status: readercompletionunknownmsgtype