Windows 10: Weird "fatal javascript error" when trying to install Discord......

Discus and support Weird "fatal javascript error" when trying to install Discord...... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; TLDR: Anyone know what is causing this weird fatal javascript error? Hi guys. I am trying to reinstall some programs after doing several system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KyleG, Jun 17, 2020.

1. KyleG Win User

Weird "fatal javascript error" when trying to install Discord......

TLDR: Anyone know what is causing this weird fatal javascript error?

Hi guys. I am trying to reinstall some programs after doing several system restores yesterday to undo an unwanted software update that was forced on me by one of my programs. I had to restore several times, as I think my Windows may have been (and still may be) corrupted. I got 1 blue screen of death during one of my system restores and it automatically system restored again I think over 20 minutes or so. I finally got the computer back to what I thought was a good state. I installed several programs with relatively little problems. I am now trying to install a voice chat program called "Discord" though, and even when I fully uninstall it, when I try to reinstall it or open it, I'm getting this error that I'm linking here. I think this all happened because I (foolishly) tried to modify my system registry to get rid of the blue checkmarks in the shortcut icons yesterday. It worked for a while, but after I did that system restore, it seemed to have messed up my computer in the way I described earlier. Before I changed the system registry, I did a "Registry Save", but when I attempted to use that save to "Export" into my registry to restore it, it said I did not have permission to do it. So anyway, does anyone know what is causing this fatal javascript error? Is my Windows corrupted now? Any help would be great, thanks.

:)

KyleG, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Flava0ne Win User

Fatal Error

I've been trying to format my system but right after it finishes formatting I get a Fatal Error during the Windows installation process. That Fatal Error is a Data Error (cyclic redundancy check). I know that it's because of my hard drives, but how do I fix this issue? I have 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA II Hard Drives in RAID 0. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. *Smile Weird "fatal javascript error" when trying to install Discord...... :)

Flava0ne, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    discord javascript error

Hi Vulcons, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

There are a couple of directories you can delete when you're getting installation errors with Discord. Deleting the directories should clean up the problematic files, allowing Discord to be installed again.

Here's a link to a Discord tutorial that explains what to delete:

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/article...

There are a couple of extra troubleshooting steps at the end of that article too.

Once you've tried this, please let me know if you're still having trouble! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Jun 17, 2020
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

discord javascript error

Hello, this may be a cause of some of the files of Discord still remaining in your hard drive. You may want to try to use a third party software called GeekUninstaller to completely uninstall and clean the registry of that software. This will make sure
    to delete all the files for Discord.

From there, you may proceed on to re installing the app from the newly downloaded wizard.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Weird "fatal javascript error" when trying to install Discord...... :)

RyoTakagi, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Weird "fatal javascript error" when trying to install Discord...... - Similar Threads - Weird fatal javascript

2. 0xc0000135 error when opening Discord

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc0000135 error when opening Discord: I recently did a disk cleanup and now I can't open Discord and some other programs, they just show a "The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000135. Click OK to close the application.". I also tried...
  3. fatal error

fatal error: On several games Ive tried to play I cant because of a 'fatal error' message I receive. I need help resolving this issue please. The error reads: FATAL ERROR "You are running without hardware acceleration....
  4. JavaScript error

JavaScript error: Hi, I get the following error... A JavaScript error occurred in the main process. Please help. : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/javascript-error/af8f477e-7e39-4e8d-b223-90ba9458973e
  5. fatal error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fatal error: fatal error c0000022 applying update operation 98935 of 110471 what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fatal-error/6dba9a2e-1dda-4a44-8c10-73e5226ef984
  6. Fatal Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fatal Error: Every time I try to open my Microsoft solitaire collection game, I get the following message: Fatal Error-IDXGIFactory 4:: CreateSwapChainForComposition failed. The parameter is incorrect (HRESULT 0x80070057) Does anyone have a solution to fix this problem?...
  7. Discord Errors

Discord Errors: I'm trying to delete a folder for the app Discord, but it claims to be open on another program, which isn't true. This is extremely aggravating and I'm very angry with this. I cannot download Discord or delete the Discord folder, and I want to know why....
  8. discord javascript error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    discord javascript error: I have deleted discord in the middle of a update and now cant reinstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discord-javascript-error/7a54edf3-f1c9-40a6-b065-a596ff81abb4
  9. fatal error

fatal error: Hi. I develop an aplication for industrial computer working with Windows 10, and I must use PLC open libraries. When I run my aplication, if an error occurs from a function bloc used to manage files, my computer show me a blue screen (the code is 0xdead 0003) and reboot....
  10. Fatal error when installing MS Expressions Encoder 4

Fatal error when installing MS Expressions Encoder 4: I am trying to install the free version of the MS Expressions Encoder 4 on my Windows 10 PC. What I want to do is to do a video of my desktop. I understand this application does this. As bad luck would have it, it is refusing to install. I understand there is a 2-stage...