Windows 10: Weird "fatal javascript error" when trying to install Discord......

Discus and support Weird "fatal javascript error" when trying to install Discord...... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; TLDR: Anyone know what is causing this weird fatal javascript error? Hi guys. I am trying to reinstall some programs after doing several system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KyleG, Jun 17, 2020.

1. KyleG Win User

Weird "fatal javascript error" when trying to install Discord......

TLDR: Anyone know what is causing this weird fatal javascript error?

Hi guys. I am trying to reinstall some programs after doing several system restores yesterday to undo an unwanted software update that was forced on me by one of my programs. I had to restore several times, as I think my Windows may have been (and still may be) corrupted. I got 1 blue screen of death during one of my system restores and it automatically system restored again I think over 20 minutes or so. I finally got the computer back to what I thought was a good state. I installed several programs with relatively little problems. I am now trying to install a voice chat program called "Discord" though, and even when I fully uninstall it, when I try to reinstall it or open it, I'm getting this error that I'm linking here. I think this all happened because I (foolishly) tried to modify my system registry to get rid of the blue checkmarks in the shortcut icons yesterday. It worked for a while, but after I did that system restore, it seemed to have messed up my computer in the way I described earlier. Before I changed the system registry, I did a "Registry Save", but when I attempted to use that save to "Export" into my registry to restore it, it said I did not have permission to do it. So anyway, does anyone know what is causing this fatal javascript error? Is my Windows corrupted now? Any help would be great, thanks.

:)

KyleG, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Flava0ne Win User

Fatal Error

I've been trying to format my system but right after it finishes formatting I get a Fatal Error during the Windows installation process. That Fatal Error is a Data Error (cyclic redundancy check). I know that it's because of my hard drives, but how do I fix this issue? I have 2 Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA II Hard Drives in RAID 0. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. *Smile Weird "fatal javascript error" when trying to install Discord...... :)

Flava0ne, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    discord javascript error

Hi Vulcons, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

There are a couple of directories you can delete when you're getting installation errors with Discord. Deleting the directories should clean up the problematic files, allowing Discord to be installed again.

Here's a link to a Discord tutorial that explains what to delete:

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/article...

There are a couple of extra troubleshooting steps at the end of that article too.

Once you've tried this, please let me know if you're still having trouble! Thanks!

Note: Non-Microsoft websites are linked. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Graeme.P, Jun 17, 2020
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

discord javascript error

Hello, this may be a cause of some of the files of Discord still remaining in your hard drive. You may want to try to use a third party software called GeekUninstaller to completely uninstall and clean the registry of that software. This will make sure
    to delete all the files for Discord.

From there, you may proceed on to re installing the app from the newly downloaded wizard.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Weird "fatal javascript error" when trying to install Discord...... :)

RyoTakagi, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Weird "fatal javascript error" when trying to install Discord...... - Similar Threads - Weird fatal javascript

2. Discord Cannot open due to fatal Javascript error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord Cannot open due to fatal Javascript error.: I recently just got a new PC and when I tried to run discord, not only did it not work, but I also received this weird error message, just wondering what are some possible causes and possible fixes for this....
  3. Discord Cannot open due to fatal Javascript error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord Cannot open due to fatal Javascript error.: I recently just got a new PC and when I tried to run discord, not only did it not work, but I also received this weird error message, just wondering what are some possible causes and possible fixes for this....
  4. Javascript error when i try to run Cricut on 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Javascript error when i try to run Cricut on 10: Receiving a Javascript error every time i try to open cricut design space. Ive tried trouble shooting with their customer care with no success!! Can someone please help me?...
  5. Javascript error when i try to run Cricut on 10

Javascript error when i try to run Cricut on 10: Receiving a Javascript error every time i try to open cricut design space. Ive tried trouble shooting with their customer care with no success!! Can someone please help me?...
  6. Discord Installation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord Installation error: Hi, I am using windows 11 OS and I am not able to install Discord on my PC. I had the same when I had windows 10 on the same PC. I tried downloading it through official discord website but this cameI also tried downloading it through Microsoft store but this error camePls...
  7. Discord Installation error

Discord Installation error: Hi, I am using windows 11 OS and I am not able to install Discord on my PC. I had the same when I had windows 10 on the same PC. I tried downloading it through official discord website but this cameI also tried downloading it through Microsoft store but this error camePls...
  8. JavaScript error

in Windows 10 Customization
    JavaScript error: [ATTACH] I wanted to use the program called senpai.gg, but when I open the application, I get this error. I couldn't find any solution. What should I do? Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/javascript-error/434ad75d-2598-44ed-b3e1-75e7f163ebf0
  9. Discord Uninstallation JavaScript Error

Discord Uninstallation JavaScript Error: I recently uninstalled Discord - well, tried to - and keep on running into a persistent Javascript error message. I have so far tried deleting all of the local files related to Discord, using the uninstall button, and a few other such methods but always run into the same...
  10. discord javascript error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    discord javascript error: I have deleted discord in the middle of a update and now cant reinstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/discord-javascript-error/7a54edf3-f1c9-40a6-b065-a596ff81abb4