Windows 10: weird file appeared after update to ver1809

Discus and support weird file appeared after update to ver1809 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I don't know if this is a problem for sure but I noticed that my C: drive suddenly lost 10 gb of free space. Looking at C: directory I noticed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jeffreyx, Jan 12, 2019.

1. jeffreyx Win User

weird file appeared after update to ver1809

Hi,
    I don't know if this is a problem for sure but I noticed that my C: drive suddenly lost 10 gb of free space. Looking at C: directory I noticed a folder titled 100 that used 9.91 gb that I didn't remember being their before; its subfolder 880 and 880 s subfolder has WINSxS and a number of other windows apps and dll files.
    I next checked the system WIN folder and it has Win SxS with very similar contents.
    Does anyone who updated to ver. 1809 have these files in a numbered file instead of a named file?? Should I remove it and regain the lost space on my ssd ?? Most of all what is it and why would update add it to C: drive??

:)

jeffreyx, Jan 12, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond weird file appeared after update to ver1809 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 12, 2019
  3. files appearing 180208aa

Hi Fred,

For us to narrow down your concern with files appearing 180208aa, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you referring to Microsoft Office Word? Which Word version are you using?

As an initial resolution, we suggest that you try repairing your Office application by following the steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 12, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

1. weird file appeared after update to ver1809 - Similar Threads - weird file appeared

2. weird files just appeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    weird files just appeared: so i was just using my pc and i go into my hard drive and all these weird files appeared and i'm not sure what to do with them and the weird thing is i haven't had my pc since 2007 so like...
  3. 66 GB of weird files suddenly appeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    66 GB of weird files suddenly appeared: Hello, I would like to ask you for help. Every 2-4 weeks I do backup of all my personal files from my PC to an external HDD. All the files and directories on the HDD are duplicates of those on the PC so I have everything twice and I do the backup by syncing the HDD according...
  4. Weird language appearing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird language appearing.: Hey there, thanks for checking this out btw but i have sort of a bugg, some programs that i use are half english and half a diffren language i dont even know if its a language see pictures below I have never had this problem, is it maybe because i changed my font? Thanks...
  5. windows update ver1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update ver1809: I'm currently really annoyed ive spent untold amount of time looking through forums and different ways to fix the black screen I get during update including but not limited to using command prompt scan now and all the other crap also updated every single driver and when all...
  6. Weird Windows visual appearance after updating to version 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Windows visual appearance after updating to version 1809: Hi, Yesterday I've received the latest feature update ( Version 1809, OS Build 17763.253 ) What I used to do on previous versions of Windows is Uncheck "Show shadows under windows" in the performance options, and you can see it in this screenshot: [ATTACH] Then I set...
  7. USB port not responding after Win10 Pro ver1809 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB port not responding after Win10 Pro ver1809 update: After Windows Ver1809 update. One of the usb port with a "SS" mark on it stop responding unless a USB HDD or thumb drive was connected to it. On device Manager, the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller 1.0 (Microsoft) on Intel 100 Series/C230 Series Chipset Family...
  8. Window 10 Ver1809?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 Ver1809?: I have a Laptop, Desktop, and Surface Pro 4. All are on windows 10 ver 1803. The Surface said there was an update, but then hung at 0% in the download. All three machines had errors on installing some update. (I don't know which) The MS Update fix on all machines said the...
  9. Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files"

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files": Hi everyone my name is Rod and I have a weird "problem" and not sure if I should worry if at all, it's my first time posting here and if I make any mistakes I apologize in advance. I recently did a fresh install of win10 x64 on my HTPC and everything works fine except for...
  10. Weird file appeared with file type of kdiw

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird file appeared with file type of kdiw: So I have a weird file that just showed up in a folder titled gigeg. It is in the users/appdata/local path. File is uhgawgi.kdiw. Any idea what the heck this is? 106605

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dcu.centennial://toasthandler/Create/NewUpdatesToDownload

2. dcu.centennial://toasthandler/create

3. du.centennial://toasthandler/create/firstscanafteroobe

4. dcu.centennial://toasthandler,
  5. du.centennial,
  6. toasthandler,
  7. du.centennial windows 10,
  8. firstscanafteroobe,
  9. du.centennial://toasthandler,
  10. toasthandler error,
  11. what is du.centennial,