Windows 10: weird file on usb drive

Discus and support weird file on usb drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; xMjkYE.exe 641 kb on a usb drive. scanned with norton and malwarebytes no bad result. tried to delete it and it said I needed admin permission even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thomaseg1, Mar 14, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

weird file on usb drive

xMjkYE.exe 641 kb on a usb drive.

scanned with norton and malwarebytes no bad result.
    tried to delete it and it said I needed admin permission even though I
    was on the admin account at the time.
    tried taking ownership ....same result.

any ideas?
    thanks

:)

thomaseg1, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Mar 14, 2019
  3. USB doesn't display MP4 file!

I have a 300kb mix of .png, .jpg, .pdf files on a 4Gb USB drive. I added a 2Gb MP4 movie but it doesn't display in the drive files. I used CCleaner to check the drive F files .. it only shows up as 2Gb of OTHER FILES, but not in the listed files.

Any (constructive) suggestions welcome. I can't remove it as it doesn't show in the file list.

GregNeedsHelp, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

weird file on usb drive

please insert a disc into the usb drive

Hi,

It seems that your USB is having an issue. We suggest running Check Disk to find and repair errors in the USB drive. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste chkdsk E: /f, then hit Enter.

Please use chkdsk E: command to check the integrity of your USB drive.

Note: Change "E:" to the USB drive letter you're using.

Let us know the result.

Riel Alc, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

weird file on usb drive

1. weird file on usb drive - Similar Threads - weird file usb

2. File Association Weirdness

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Association Weirdness: I have a program which exports to XML and usually opens automatically with Excel. On a new Windows 10 PC this no longer happens and produces error message about there being no default app. Through a long process of finding the Excel executable file by changing permissions...
  3. Can't copy files to network usb drive

Can't copy files to network usb drive: I can't copy files to network usb drive. I can copy from the network drive to the computer. Plus I can't make a new folder in windows 10 too on the network drive. It is almost like the drive is in like ready only state in windows 10. I have no problems with windows 7. I can...
  4. USB drive

USB drive: How do I print the directory of a USB drive? I want to know what is on the USB drive just by glancing at it. Alternatively, I guess I could number the drives and then transfer the directory to my hard drive. Thanks....
  5. Using File History on external USB drive.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using File History on external USB drive.: I have all my docs on a separate drive than my system drive c:, called drive I, and I back up using FileHistory to drive K. I and K are different partitions on a separate but the same secondary hard drive, which is silly seeing that if the actual hardware crashed no files or...
  6. Unresponsive cursor when USB 3 drives connected. The fix is weird.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unresponsive cursor when USB 3 drives connected. The fix is weird.: It certainly is an interesting one, and one that ranks up there with the best of the weird faults I encountered as an electronics service tech.
  7. Copy WinSXS file to usb drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copy WinSXS file to usb drive: I have two desktops - exactly same specs - Windows 10 10240. One runs SFC Scannow showing no corruption and DISM with no errors. The other has corruption but SFC can't fix and Dism can't find source files. My thinking is if I can use the 1st pc's WinSXS files to run DISM,...
  8. file explorer shows usb drive twice

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer shows usb drive twice: hi, i have an annoying problem. when i plug a usb drive, the file explorer shows the same drive with the same drive letter twice. it's no big deal but annoying like i said.. how can i fix this 25514
  9. Weird borders in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird borders in File Explorer: Ever since upgrading to 10 from 7, the file explorer has had these weird borders on the top. I've been looking around for a solution for this the entire day finding nothing at all. [img] The borders are only at the top of the explorer. I don't have this issue on my...
  10. Other files on an OS usb drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Other files on an OS usb drive?: I'm building a new machine and just used media creator to make a Win 10 USB drive on a 16gb flash drive. Can I store other files in folders or will that the system in some way? 104805