Windows 10: weird file on usb drive

Discus and support weird file on usb drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; xMjkYE.exe 641 kb on a usb drive. scanned with norton and malwarebytes no bad result. tried to delete it and it said I needed admin permission even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thomaseg1, Mar 14, 2019.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

weird file on usb drive

xMjkYE.exe 641 kb on a usb drive.

scanned with norton and malwarebytes no bad result.
    tried to delete it and it said I needed admin permission even though I
    was on the admin account at the time.
    tried taking ownership ....same result.

any ideas?
    thanks

:)

thomaseg1, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Mar 14, 2019
  3. USB doesn't display MP4 file!

I have a 300kb mix of .png, .jpg, .pdf files on a 4Gb USB drive. I added a 2Gb MP4 movie but it doesn't display in the drive files. I used CCleaner to check the drive F files .. it only shows up as 2Gb of OTHER FILES, but not in the listed files.

Any (constructive) suggestions welcome. I can't remove it as it doesn't show in the file list.

GregNeedsHelp, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

weird file on usb drive

please insert a disc into the usb drive

Hi,

It seems that your USB is having an issue. We suggest running Check Disk to find and repair errors in the USB drive. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste chkdsk E: /f, then hit Enter.

Please use chkdsk E: command to check the integrity of your USB drive.

Note: Change "E:" to the USB drive letter you're using.

Let us know the result.

Riel Alc, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

weird file on usb drive

1. weird file on usb drive - Similar Threads - weird file usb

2. USB Drive not showing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Drive not showing files: I bought a USB Drive and I moved some files into it. When I try checking the files, the flash is always empty but it still records that some memory is in use. I've formatted several times and I still can keep a file in it....
  3. All files on my USB 2.0 Drive Became Weird Symbols

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files on my USB 2.0 Drive Became Weird Symbols: During a phase of backing up the files on my USB to a Mediafire account, suddenly the name of my drive was overwritten to the default "USB D:" and all the files became weird symbols. Every time I try to open them I get the error shown below. I've tried everything I can think...
  4. All files on my USB 2.0 Drive Became Weird Symbols

All files on my USB 2.0 Drive Became Weird Symbols: During a phase of backing up the files on my USB to a Mediafire account, suddenly the name of my drive was overwritten to the default "USB D:" and all the files became weird symbols. Every time I try to open them I get the error shown below. I've tried everything I can think...
  5. saving file to usb drive

saving file to usb drive: how does one save a file to a usb drive?I need the steps to do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-file-to-usb-drive/0c02292a-7d2f-412d-885d-7da2031e7afd
  6. Weird USB issue

Weird USB issue: I have one USB port that if I plug in a USB key - it shows up, but if I plug in my keyboard or mouse they don't work. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-usb-issue/87cadfd9-6cd9-4913-a9ac-a28cd1cf602b
  7. Weird USB issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird USB issue: I have one USB port that if I plug in a USB key - it shows up, but if I plug in my keyboard or mouse they don't work. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-usb-issue/87cadfd9-6cd9-4913-a9ac-a28cd1cf602b
  8. Some weird file in C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some weird file in C drive?: I have a weird file in C:/windows/ which is named as this 1KKkUSW9SJ5yL50z9zRsypjr4JdgqbOKl@e=download with no extension which contains thisdom=00.msw0.com dome=id=1StFhYsZo4lgE-HmqT9jNiDjIbvP5kOY3&export=download domg=id=1gKvGuBevxdHEtolIwNbzX6UGEgxeI5I7&export=download...
  9. Some weird file in C drive?

Some weird file in C drive?: I have a weird file in C:/windows/ which is named as this 1KKkUSW9SJ5yL50z9zRsypjr4JdgqbOKl@e=download with no extension which contains thisdom=00.msw0.com dome=id=1StFhYsZo4lgE-HmqT9jNiDjIbvP5kOY3&export=download domg=id=1gKvGuBevxdHEtolIwNbzX6UGEgxeI5I7&export=download...
  10. Some weird file in C drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security