Windows 10: Weird Flickering Pointer and Diamond on Dell ToughBook Install?

Discus and support Weird Flickering Pointer and Diamond on Dell ToughBook Install? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/moldytoiletbox [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/moldytoiletbox, May 23, 2022.

1. Weird Flickering Pointer and Diamond on Dell ToughBook Install?

/u/moldytoiletbox, May 23, 2022
  2. NVFOX Win User

Flickering mouse pointer.

I have a brand new ASUS Vivo PC, with I7, 128GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Intel Graphics. Installation of Windows 10- was no plem, and so was the installation of other programs/apps. The PC came with a USB mouse (generic but with ASUS branding).

I noticed that the mouse pointer was flickering so every 4 seconds, showing the "background busy" cursor for less than a second. all other cursors within a group would not do this. To narrow where this flickering is coming from, I connected the mouse to
    another PC: no flickering at all. Conclusion: it cannot be the hardware of the mouse. The next step was to select another pointer from the windows\cursor folder. Still the flickering was going on. That confirmed my conclusion. I tried other pointers, which
    I downloaded, still flickering.

I also connected a Logitech wireless mouse, a MS wireless mouse, with the same result: still flickering. Again this proves, it is not the mouse hardware. I use now my Logitech wireless mouse.

Here is another observation: At a startup/restart, the pointer (any size) would be quit for at least 4 minutes and then start flickering. During this time, no program/app was started. It just starts this flickering. From this I concluded that it appears
    not to be a hardware problem but a software problem. Where exactly, is here the big question. It probably would not help to start in safe mode, because it will not solve the issue even when the flickering does not occur. Under a start/restart (cold/warm start)
    the flickering would reoccur.

I researched the net, but could only very specific circumstances under which the flickering would occur. There was no solution for this case. Even ASUS Support, with whom I am in contact, do not have an answer so far.

There is one thing that bothers me: the basic drivers from Microsoft are from 2006: mouclass.sys, and mouhid.sys. Is this normal?

I appreciate any help to overcome this very annoying behavior.

NVFOX, May 23, 2022
  3. Flickering Mouse pointer in Asus X550LA

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our Windows 10 Creators Update.

To address the flickering, we suggest that you rollback the driver of your mouse, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R on the desktop screen.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Expand the category you want and right click on the driver and select properties.
    • Navigate to driver tab and click on RollBack driver.

Hope this information was helpful.

Melliza Son, May 23, 2022
  4. Weird Flickering Pointer and Diamond on Dell ToughBook Install?

Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Weird Flickering Pointer and Diamond on Dell ToughBook Install?

1. Weird Flickering Pointer and Diamond on Dell ToughBook Install? - Similar Threads - Weird Flickering Pointer

2. My Mouse Pointer Switch To A Diamond After Using Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Mouse Pointer Switch To A Diamond After Using Touchscreen: So I have a 2-in-1 touchscreen laptop from Gateway. I've had for about 2 months now but ever since the last time you folded it into it's tablet form, it's shown a white diamond instead of the error. I have restarted and turned off and on my laptop but nothing works. It is...
  3. My Mouse Pointer Switch To A Diamond After Using Touchscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Mouse Pointer Switch To A Diamond After Using Touchscreen: So I have a 2-in-1 touchscreen laptop from Gateway. I've had for about 2 months now but ever since the last time you folded it into it's tablet form, it's shown a white diamond instead of the error. I have restarted and turned off and on my laptop but nothing works. It is...
  4. My Mouse Pointer Switch To A Diamond After Using Touchscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Freecell Diamond Grandmaster

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Freecell Diamond Grandmaster: I'm at 575 Diamond Grandmaster 16. How high does it go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freecell-diamond-grandmaster/997ae765-579f-480f-988d-9e5e46abf187
  6. Weird Desktop flickering Situation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Desktop flickering Situation: My laptop recently started doing this weird thing where after logging in the desktop continuously refreshes and the taskbar doesn't show up. The processor heats up and the fans crank all the way up. Task manager says that the antimalware service is using up all of the memory...
  7. mouse pointer keeps flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse pointer keeps flickering: hi. just upgraded to windows 11 on my laptop. my mouse pointer has been fine in windows 10 and the busy blue circle fine too. since moving to 11. my laptop is idle nothing going on. yet the white mouse pointer keeps flickering and the blue circle with it. can someone tell me...
  8. mouse pointer keeps flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse pointer keeps flickering: hi. just upgraded to windows 11 on my laptop. my mouse pointer has been fine in windows 10 and the busy blue circle fine too. since moving to 11. my laptop is idle nothing going on. yet the white mouse pointer keeps flickering and the blue circle with it. can someone tell me...
  9. Weird screen flickering.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird screen flickering.: I installed a wifi card in a computer and now the screen is flickering. submitted by /u/Chaperacles [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ereion/weird_screen_flickering/
  10. Mouse pointer continuously flickering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer continuously flickering: The mouse cursor keeps flickering continuously, making it difficult to click or use the touchpad. Surprisingly the problem disappears momentarily and appears again after any key press on the keyboard. I have already tried the following but couldn't resolve: 1. Fresh...