Windows 10: Weird focus moving behavior in windows 10 dialogs and even Edge

Discus and support Weird focus moving behavior in windows 10 dialogs and even Edge in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I began having this issue recently and may even be in connection to updates done on march 12. here it is on start menu - video from my phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HenryRutgers, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Weird focus moving behavior in windows 10 dialogs and even Edge

I began having this issue recently and may even be in connection to updates done on march 12.

here it is on start menu - video from my phone (youtube)

and here it is on a settings menu

I cannot type in Edge's address bar.. focus switches to the bookmark star whenever I click in the address bar

Same thing happens in cortana search.. focus switched to microphone.

If I right-click on the start menu.. that menu works perfectly

So.. I tried to solve this with my existing install of windows by trying the following:

- cold reboot (of course)

- tried different mouse

- tried different keyboard

- tried different display settings (was using 150% display.. 1440p display with Nvidia 1080ti card.

- ran Intel's diags on my Intel SSD boot drive

- I tried a recovery to March 12's image (taken during updates automatically it seems) and was told that failed.

- I then tried to use settings to uninstall individual updates.. but this focus issue prevented that. until that moment I had thought this was limited to the start menu

In my old install of windows (I did end up doing a reset later) , I had chrome installed and steam and those apps worked well.. no focus issues. So it did not seem hardware related to me. I had gotten few BSODs with trying to have batch video conversions in the background while having a steam game up.. but they were few and far between... I figured the system was churning a lot of data over days and days.. and something leaked memory somewhere.

In any case, I finally resorted to do a Windows 10 reset of my OS.. with keeping my data files. It would mean a lot of work cleaning up after that but I figured.. why not.. surely it will work.

It did not work.

It is worse now, if anything. I'm not sure what kind of work-around I can do to get Chrome installed. My next thing wil be to check for BIOS updates on my mobo and maybe reset everything in BIOS. I will likely try SAFE MODE too..

Any help is appreciated

:)

HenryRutgers, Mar 15, 2019

2. Edge - new tab focus behavior

Is there a way to let Edge focus on the address bar once I open a new tab?

I experience the following behavior:

1. Open Edge
    2. Ctrl + t (new tab)
    3. Type e.g. www.myfavouriteaddress.com

Issue: The typing is ignored since the focus is not on the address bar.

Unfortunately I haven't found anything. Microsoft didn't answer on that.

I know I work around it like that, but I'm looking for a setting which let me change the default Ctrl + t behavior:

1. Open Edge
    2. Ctrl + t (new tab)
    3. Ctrl + l (focus on address bar)
    4. Type e.g. www.myfavouriteaddress.com

Environment

• Microsoft Edge 38.14393.2068.0
    • Windows 10 Enterprise

Bruno Bieri, Mar 15, 2019
  3. File Copy or Move Focus for Dialog Box

I've noticed a very annoying aspect of Windows 10. When I copy or move a file and there is a conflict, the dialog box normally doesn't take focus, it just sits on the task bar. OK, it is flashing, but I often miss it.

Is there a fix?

nigelmercier, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Weird focus moving behavior in windows 10 dialogs and even Edge

Weird behavior in sleep mode in windows 10

Hi

I am using Windows 10 I face weird behavior when using the sleep mode here are the steps:

1. Connect PC to wireless network from mobile phone (iPhone).

2. Go to sleep mode from windows.

3. Turn off the hot spot from mobile.

Result: the PC started right away (wake up from sleep mode).

Expected result: PC should remain in sleep mode.

nizar salameh, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Weird focus moving behavior in windows 10 dialogs and even Edge

1. Weird focus moving behavior in windows 10 dialogs and even Edge - Similar Threads - Weird focus moving

2. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  3. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  4. Weird PowerShell behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird PowerShell behavior: So, every once in a while I see powershell flashing on the screen. It just opens real quick and closes right after. It's so fast I can't even react to it. Now that I was playing a game I was thrown to desktop game went paused and I guess the powershell soft-crashed since it...
  5. Weird PowerShell behavior

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird PowerShell behavior: So, every once in a while I see powershell flashing on the screen. It just opens real quick and closes right after. It's so fast I can't even react to it. Now that I was playing a game I was thrown to desktop game went paused and I guess the powershell soft-crashed since it...
  6. Weird mouse behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird mouse behavior: [ATTACH]Hello! I am experiencing some weird things with my mouse. Its kinda hard to explain so I have made a gif. Hope it will be clear by showing it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-mouse-behavior/254eb263-a502-4443-b4a0-85f873752e91
  7. Weird screen behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird screen behavior: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cxcris [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvnrx2/weird_screen_behavior/
  8. Weird windows 10 behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird windows 10 behavior: Just wonder if anyone has encountered these behaviors? It happens to me every time without exception: If I do a restart, the computer restarts but makes the windows 7-start sound. Upon getting to the desktop, the laptop battery meter is missing and the quiet hours, location...
  9. In Windows 10, weird window behavior...

in Windows 10 Support
    In Windows 10, weird window behavior...: The only reason I'm using Windows at all, (and not using Linux), is Windows is the only OS that's "handicap accessible" for people with my type of eye problems. I have very poor eyesight... and without the magnifier, I can't use the computer at all. The magnifier was pretty...
  10. File Copy or Move Focus for Dialog Box

in Windows 10 Support
    File Copy or Move Focus for Dialog Box: I've noticed a very annoying aspect of Windows 10. When I copy or move a file and there is a conflict, the dialog box normally doesn't take focus, it just sits on the task bar. OK, it is flashing, but I often miss it. Is there a fix? 32440