Windows 10: Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer

Discus and support Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After an update, I found a new user in my Users folder in the file explorer. It seems to have all of the files my user has, but it has a weird name.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fffelix123, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer

After an update, I found a new user in my Users folder in the file explorer. It seems to have all of the files my user has, but it has a weird name. I'm not sure if I was hacked or if it is a glitch, please help.

:)

fffelix123, Sep 19, 2018

2. Random folders appearing to my new hard drive

Options > Scan options

Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer untitled-png.png

Then after that, enable options > hide virustotal.com clean entries ... only suspicious stuff will remain.
    Check the complete list on the Everything tab, it may not be explorer extension listed on that tab.

It may be something stupidly simple like onedrive/skydrive being setup to sync folders that are being dumped remotely.

BiggieShady, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Files folders and storage

Hi Peter,

We need more information to be bale to help you better with this issue. Are you facing any issues when saving the word documents or when composing any documents?

If the issue is with saving documents, where are you trying to save them and what is the error message displayed?

I would suggest you to check if the users folder is displayed as "read only'. Open File Explorer, click on the driver where windows is installed, and open the users folder. Right click on the users folder, and then check in the general tab, if it is shown
    as 'read only'. If yes, I would suggest you to try these steps and check if the issue persists:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are

located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child

object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click

Ok.

Bennet Martin, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer

Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer

1. Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer - Similar Threads - Weird folder appeared

2. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program folders not appearing in File Explorer: I have a few program files that aren’t visible in the File Explorer app, but are visible through a 3rd party app WinDirStat.I have already checked all the “view” settings and set everything to be visible, including hidden files, and program-essential files. The ones I’m...
  3. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program folders not appearing in File Explorer: I have a few program files that aren’t visible in the File Explorer app, but are visible through a 3rd party app WinDirStat.I have already checked all the “view” settings and set everything to be visible, including hidden files, and program-essential files. The ones I’m...
  4. Program folders not appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. User profiles and File Explorer USERS folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User profiles and File Explorer USERS folders: When I started up my new HP laptop it used my signon name to create a "myname" profile but it didn't create any files under /USERS/myname. I than created another account profile with"newname" with administrator permission as an emergency backup. That profile name was given...
  6. Why is this happening? User's folders don't appear in file explorer, but all the files are...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is this happening? User's folders don't appear in file explorer, but all the files are...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MaximumRecursion [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eqayt8/why_is_this_happening_users_folders_dont_appear/
  7. Weird folder hierarchy in File Explorer.

Weird folder hierarchy in File Explorer.: I have Windows 10 version 1903. The file structure as revealed by File Explorer seems to be recursive. This is so because, in File Explorer, DESKTOP contains THISPC which contains DESKTOP, which is shown to be at the top of the folder directory tree, so that DESKTOP...
  8. File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties

File Explorer - Tabs missing in folder properties: When I right click on a folder, I'd expect to see the customize and other tabs. However, I do not see any tabs other than the 'General' tab and 'Previous Versions'. You may have noticed that the "Read-Only" box is checked. I tried to uncheck it, and uncheck other boxes in...
  9. Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files"

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird file appearing on windows explorer "recent files": Hi everyone my name is Rod and I have a weird "problem" and not sure if I should worry if at all, it's my first time posting here and if I make any mistakes I apologize in advance. I recently did a fresh install of win10 x64 on my HTPC and everything works fine except for...
  10. OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folders appear under my user folder in File Explorer: I'm not sure when this happened (prior to my Anniversary update), but something has gone weird in File Explorer. When I view my user folder (from the left navigation of FE), the sub folders for Documents and Pictures shown aren't my local folders at all, but OneDrive folders....