Windows 10: Weird folder hierarchy in File Explorer.

Discus and support Weird folder hierarchy in File Explorer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 version 1903. The file structure as revealed by File Explorer seems to be recursive. This is so because, in File Explorer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by raymondpc2003, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Weird folder hierarchy in File Explorer.

I have Windows 10 version 1903.

The file structure as revealed by File Explorer seems to be recursive. This is so because, in File Explorer, DESKTOP contains THISPC which contains DESKTOP, which is shown to be at the top of the folder directory tree, so that DESKTOP contains everything, including itself.

This is nonsense. Explain, please.

:)

raymondpc2003, Jan 9, 2020

2. Files remain in original folder after moving them to new folder in file explorer

Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the File Explorer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you reset the folder settings from the
    Folder Options. This will reboot the folder’s preferences to its default state and remove any possible software conflict. To do this, you may follow these steps:

• Click Start, type File Explorer, and press
      Enter
    • On the File Explorer window, click the View tab > Options > Change folder and search options > View.
    • Under the Folder views section, click Reset Folders, and then select
      Yes to confirm.
    • Once you’re done, click OK, and then check if the issue persists.

Note: This process will remove the list of files that you recently opened.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jan 9, 2020
  3. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Weird folder hierarchy in File Explorer.

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Weird folder hierarchy in File Explorer.

1. Weird folder hierarchy in File Explorer. - Similar Threads - Weird folder hierarchy

2. Weird problem on windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird problem on windows file explorer: Hi, I am facing an weird issue that really don't know if anyone had face before.When I connect my laptop via cable, windows file explorer will hang.However if I switch my laptop to wifi, windows file explorer will work fine.The only problem is my wifi isn't quite stable,...
  3. Weird problem on windows file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird problem on windows file explorer: Hi, I am facing an weird issue that really don't know if anyone had face before.When I connect my laptop via cable, windows file explorer will hang.However if I switch my laptop to wifi, windows file explorer will work fine.The only problem is my wifi isn't quite stable,...
  4. File Explorer really sluggish and weird

File Explorer really sluggish and weird: About 4-5 months ago I started to notice after an update that file explorer started to act really weird it got sluggish and folders would not show the little preview thumbnails and file would just come up as white squares with no thumbnail or associated programs icon and the...
  5. Found something weird in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Found something weird in File Explorer: Please check this and tell, Should i delete it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/found-something-weird-in-file-explorer/de5568e3-ccbf-470b-9efe-dc0c55f5b104
  6. Weird folder in Common Files?

Weird folder in Common Files?: So I was just giving my laptop a LOVELY spring cleaning when I came upon this folder in common files. I'm... super confused. I don't even know where to begin asking questions. The text documents were just gibberish and I didn't click past the opening screen of the...
  7. File Explorer Weird Behaviour!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Weird Behaviour!!: My Windows 10 file explorer keeps refreshing (jumping to the beginning of window) every 60 seconds, thus closing any folder opened for naming and leaving any selected files. This is driving me crazy!! and I have tried every imaginable fixing method without any use. Can anyone...
  8. Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird folder appeared in Users tab in file explorer: After an update, I found a new user in my Users folder in the file explorer. It seems to have all of the files my user has, but it has a weird name. I'm not sure if I was hacked or if it is a glitch, please help....
  9. FIle Explorer - Very weird problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    FIle Explorer - Very weird problem.: Running Windows 10 x64 Pro RTM will all updates. In a nutshell everytime I bring up File Explorer in normal mode it appears in a new position. It is always a little lower down and a little to the right. I have a dual monitor setup even though I doubt this is the problem....
  10. Weird borders in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird borders in File Explorer: Ever since upgrading to 10 from 7, the file explorer has had these weird borders on the top. I've been looking around for a solution for this the entire day finding nothing at all. [img] The borders are only at the top of the explorer. I don't have this issue on my...