Windows 10: Weird folder on C: drive

Discus and support Weird folder on C: drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello Any ideas why that folder appeared on my C: drive? I scanned it and it doesn't seems to be virus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Adewi0, Apr 9, 2020.

1. /u/Adewi0 Win User

Weird folder on C: drive

/u/Adewi0, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    How do I move photos from the my photo app to the pictures folder on the C drive?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Photo App.

• Select the photo and right click on the photo.

• Select Open Folder.

• From there you will be able to copy all the photos to C: drive
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Weird folder on C: drive

C: drive

Hi Viva,

If you recently made some changes on your machine and needs to access
    C: drive
    , you can do it by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + E.
    • On the left pane, click This PC. It will show you list of different folders. For
      C: drive, it may look like this.

Weird folder on C: drive 26098bd9-c4a9-4b92-b7a6-d437f0a281ea.jpg

If you have further queries, feel free to reply to this post.

Amylove Loy, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Weird folder on C: drive

1. Weird folder on C: drive - Similar Threads - Weird folder drive

2. While C: drive is looking so weird?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While C: drive is looking so weird?: today I noticed that my c drive has all names with spaces before them or something please help me with this! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-c-drive-is-looking-so-weird/51be80b2-5671-4657-a483-c26e6ba79fa3
  3. While C: drive is looking so weird?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While C: drive is looking so weird?: today I noticed that my c drive has all names with spaces before them or something please help me with this! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-c-drive-is-looking-so-weird/51be80b2-5671-4657-a483-c26e6ba79fa3
  4. Username folder in drive C

Username folder in drive C: Hello,I want to change my user folder name in C:/User with no other issue, is there any way to do that?I have tried renaming in the registry key, but then win10 requires me to login again - I'm ok with that - but I have to reinstall all my app : is there any way to change...
  5. Some weird file in C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some weird file in C drive?: I have a weird file in C:/windows/ which is named as this 1KKkUSW9SJ5yL50z9zRsypjr4JdgqbOKl@e=download with no extension which contains thisdom=00.msw0.com dome=id=1StFhYsZo4lgE-HmqT9jNiDjIbvP5kOY3&export=download domg=id=1gKvGuBevxdHEtolIwNbzX6UGEgxeI5I7&export=download...
  6. Some weird file in C drive?

Some weird file in C drive?: I have a weird file in C:/windows/ which is named as this 1KKkUSW9SJ5yL50z9zRsypjr4JdgqbOKl@e=download with no extension which contains thisdom=00.msw0.com dome=id=1StFhYsZo4lgE-HmqT9jNiDjIbvP5kOY3&export=download domg=id=1gKvGuBevxdHEtolIwNbzX6UGEgxeI5I7&export=download...
  7. Some weird file in C drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Weird Boot folder in C: drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Boot folder in C: drive: Hi,I have weird folder called "Boot" in C:\BootThere is .db file inside C:\Boot\sm_da\alldb.dbIs it a virus or windows temp files?I ran windows defender scan and disk cleanup and it is still thereShould i delete it by myself or leave it alone?...
  9. C drive extra folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive extra folder: Actually ...i dont know what happen but when i open my c drive i saw too many extra folders like $sysreset ,Oem, intel, program data ,recovery and all they are little dull in colour faded .so can anyone tell me is it safe to delete these folders .or what happen to my system...
  10. C: drive folder sharing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C: drive folder sharing?: Hi all - I have a Win10 desktop for gaming/more complicated work and a HP Laptop running Linux Mint MATE 18.3. I'm having an issue with folder sharing on Win10? I've got two folders shared from my Win10 machine - the Shared Folder (which is at the default Windows location...