Windows 10: Weird Font and size of Chinese characters on Windows 10 English edition

Discus and support Weird Font and size of Chinese characters on Windows 10 English edition in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I recently re-installed Windows 10 En edition and found that the Chinese characters look pretty weird. Previously they look normal, so I have no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tonyhan1, May 22, 2020.

1. tonyhan1 Win User

Weird Font and size of Chinese characters on Windows 10 English edition

Hi,

I recently re-installed Windows 10 En edition and found that the Chinese characters look pretty weird. Previously they look normal, so I have no sense what's causing the current issue.

File browser:

Weird Font and size of Chinese characters on Windows 10 English edition 517ea817-5098-468d-ba36-bcd16d3de647?upload=true.png

Task bar:

Weird Font and size of Chinese characters on Windows 10 English edition 2d5c5b85-1a6e-42d8-ab4a-f3905ec5de42?upload=true.png

I searched for answers for a while and most hits is to change the setting in Region -> Language for non-Unicode programs English to Chinese. However, this change could result in errors of some software installed on my laptop.

Chinese language package has already been installed:

Weird Font and size of Chinese characters on Windows 10 English edition e9465ec1-ea22-4c1a-aa68-8029abe4475b?upload=true.png

So is any other solutions? Thanks.

Here's the info of Windows installed on my laptop:

Weird Font and size of Chinese characters on Windows 10 English edition e1fb49ac-5648-41bc-8f58-b457bbc445a5?upload=true.png

:)

tonyhan1, May 22, 2020
  2. mordax Win User

Weird chinese characters appearing in windows

Nope, nothing's wrong with fonts. I have always used US english and nothing else. windows + all programs are always US english, i don't use any other languages or fonts.

I think it's google chrome doing it, i googled around and saw some others mentioning some files appearing in their PC with chinese characters and in their case, they said that google chrome had some weird default settings that caused it, but i'm not sure. i can't find anything that might be causing it.

on windows 7, i had some chinese files in:
    C:\Users\
    you see files like
    NTUSER.DAT{77a227ed-34f0-22e3-80da-c41d2d341140}.TM.blf

and such, in windows 7 i saw some chinese files appearing there. on win 10 i don't see files, but that svchost.exe popped up with chinese name. i blocked internet access and everything works fine, so no idea what the heck it was.

I'd like to get to the bottom of this and find out what is causing these chinese characters popping up randomly.

mordax, May 22, 2020
  3. How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.

Five font files for traditional Chinese characters have been found.

Weird Font and size of Chinese characters on Windows 10 English edition [​IMG]

Matthew Wai, May 22, 2020
  4. migranule Win User

Windows 10 v1803 cannot copy paste Chinese characters

I don't know why, It's strange!!!

1. Every time I restarted my PC. Open a Notepad, input some Chinese characters with some English characters. Then, copy and paste them in Notepad, find that only English characters are copied while Chinese characters are lost. Then open the Microsoft Word
    2016, the situation is the same, copy paste will lost non-English characters.

2. I tried following step, then the Windows 10 can copy and paste Chinese characters.

• Press the 'Windows + R' keys together
    • In the 'Open' window input 'WinWord /a', and press Enter.
    Then the Microsoft Word was opened. I input some Chinese characters with some English characters, and then copy and paste them, found that Chinese characters can be copied!!! Then I closed Word, opened the Notepad again, inputted some
    Chinese characters with some English characters, found that Chinese characters also could be copied in Notepad!!!

I don't know why, It's so strange!!!

migranule, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Weird Font and size of Chinese characters on Windows 10 English edition - Similar Threads - Weird Font size

2. Chinese characters replacing English in saved emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chinese characters replacing English in saved emails: I'm using the Windows Mail app as my email client. I save many emails from Mail to folders in Windows File Explorer. Sometimes when I go back and reopen those emails the text has changed from English to what appears to be Chinese. I'm not a Chinese language user so have never...
  3. Corrupt Windows font? Numbers in weird characters.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupt Windows font? Numbers in weird characters.: Hi, First I thought this was an application error, but later I noticed I had the same problem in several other applications too. The problem is that all numerical up/down forms in different applications don't show numbers correctly on my PC as shown below. It seems fine in...
  4. English windows 10 but showing chinese characters in start menu

English windows 10 but showing chinese characters in start menu: As title, I also found some other computer also have same issue in our domain, my laptop reinstall windows for two month and just update the 2020-04 Cumulative Update last Friday, and I found this problem on this Monday, no GPO change in these two week....
  5. How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.: I have a bootable "Bob.Omb’s Modified Win10PEx64" USB device. It does not support Chinese characters, which will be displayed as junk characters. Is it possible to make it support Chinese? 153648
  6. Chinese character

Chinese character: Hi, i can using Chinese character anywhere (i.e. browser, excel, words), but can't rename file/folder in Chinese. When i type, only English characters are appeared. [ATTACH][ATTACH] i am using windows 10 professional. pls advise.. Thanks...
  7. Chinese Characters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chinese Characters: Good day, all - While running MSERT, I notice what appear to be Chinese characters in the strings of letters and numbers. Does this mean my computer has been hacked? If so, how do I remove the hack?...
  8. Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version

Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version: ISSUE: I already set the option what the language for non-Unicode programs as Chinese, and turn on the Beta function that UTF-8 support for worldwide language, but some Chinese programs also display gibberish on Win 10 English version. How to solve this issue, thanks....
  9. Chinese Characters I need English Please

Chinese Characters I need English Please: on my task bar when I want to safely remove external hard drive, usb key, etc the icon is showing in Chinese how do I get it back to English see picture below - when I left click on the up arrow it gives me a box with the 6 icons and the last one bottom right hand side is...
  10. Weird chinese characters appearing in windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird chinese characters appearing in windows: I've googled it and it seems like some others have had similar issues, but i'd like to ask if anyone knows what this is all about. [img] If i copy paste the line seen on screenshot, then this is what i get: Code:...