Windows 10: Weird Font, apps, desktop and browser

Discus and support Weird Font, apps, desktop and browser in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Howdy, my wife's laptop recently changed its fonts in numerous places, such as the desktop icons, certain apps, like AVG, and internet browsers. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoshuaDulaney, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Weird Font, apps, desktop and browser

Howdy, my wife's laptop recently changed its fonts in numerous places, such as the desktop icons, certain apps, like AVG, and internet browsers. I cannot for the life of me figure out why. I've futzed with the font options as much as I can and my google-fu isn't during up this specific problem at all. Anyone encounter anything similar and have a solution. I am attached a screen grab from her browser to show you what I mean. Hopefully it shows up. Weird Font, apps, desktop and browser 833bbcba-3008-44df-b9df-0cdc79978df0?upload=true.png

:)

JoshuaDulaney, Nov 27, 2020

2. Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Change the font of my desktop icons

Hi Domi,

Windows 10 make it easier for you to personalize your computer by going to the Settings app. Some options from Control Panel has been moved to the Settings app just to bring all the settings under one roof.

To change your desktop font, you may follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Themes.
    • Under Themes, select Theme settings.
    • On the left pane, click Change desktop icons.
    To change the font size of the icons on your desktop, refer to these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click View.
    • Select the font size you prefer for your desktop icon.
    Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Weird Font, apps, desktop and browser

Weird font in browser and some app

I had this same problem and followed these instructions, but there is no "display driver" listed. Only "display adapters." ?? I have NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 listed, and it says I have the most current drivers.

This font problem occurs when using a number of windows programs, including edge. It does not occur with google chrome. Bing and AOL seems to have the same problem with some of their display fonts and all my email is displayed with this garbled font. To
    read anything, it has to be copied into Word where it displays properly. It appears to be a common problem with windows 10, but I can't find a solution on line, only complaints, and Microsoft help lines all have a 5 hour wait time!

BoydGoddard, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Weird Font, apps, desktop and browser

1. Weird Font, apps, desktop and browser - Similar Threads - Weird Font apps

2. [HELP] Weird font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Weird font: [ATTACH] Hello all ! Sorry if this is not the right place to ask. I seem to have a problem with some fonts. I can find it on the web, using firefox, but also on some applications, like wire (chat). It also doesn't come from a firefox extension, so I believe it is due to...
  3. Weird default font problem?

Weird default font problem?: At some point, my settings changed and caused this font to show up in certain places like Photoshop. It makes Photoshop unusable because it changes the size of boxes with it. Please help if you know of anything like this. https://imgur.com/a/wkvB8G4 submitted by...
  4. Weird font on windows search

Weird font on windows search: [ATTACH] Yesterday all of a sudden the search bar font changed I have a few task bar modification programs to make everything look nice, also wallpaper engine but it all worked fine till yesterday. Restarted a few times since then. Also no other fonts on my system seem to...
  5. Weird Font in several applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Font in several applications: Hi guys: When I updated to the previous insider version, the font of several applications became weird like monospaced, and it looks horrible. For example, the new Belize Theme for SAP 760, or the buttons like "Save" or "Cancel" in Office 365, or the Internet Options I...
  6. Weird numeric font

Weird numeric font: [ATTACH] Don't know what happen, this weird font is use in various programs, how to change it back to default font? How to check what font win10 is currently using? googled answers seem outdated...
  7. Weird font letter thing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird font letter thing?: [ATTACH]The weird D and b It affected every folder in Program files x86, Even numbers have these weird lines, Happened seemingly out of nowhere, How do I fix them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-font-letter-thing/eca3b63b-7309-4217-a150-e907cea983e9"
  8. Weird font

Weird font: So, i was trying to improve my computer to be faster, but some how my changed font to an UGLY font... [ATTACH]how do i change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-font/baad35e5-2438-49c6-8d39-e8557be8d374
  9. Desktop fonts

Desktop fonts: I am having trouble seeing the fonts on my desktop. Is there a way these can be changed to say, black? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-fonts/9712dee9-10b4-4f42-9440-3406416a9725
  10. Weird font problem across all browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Weird font problem across all browsers: Hi, A few months ago I started using my new laptop with Windows 8.1. Suddenly I noticed that on certain websites the fonts are displaying incorrectly. It would show Times New Roman in parts of the page instead of the normal font. This happens in all browsers so I guess it's...