Windows 10: Weird fonts in Windows 10 after upgrading from 7

Discus and support Weird fonts in Windows 10 after upgrading from 7 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded my Windows from 7 to 10 and noticed that some of the fonts were really weird. Chromes tab titles are using weird font and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stompdaroach, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Weird fonts in Windows 10 after upgrading from 7

Hello,

I recently upgraded my Windows from 7 to 10 and noticed that some of the fonts were really weird. Chromes tab titles are using weird font and when I searched a bit, it seems that it uses Windows' "Message box" fonts. Other applications for example are Steam(I was able to fix this via creating new simple theme).

It also seems to be problem ONLY in my main Windows user account. Most likely my Windows 7 custom theme did this and now those changes are still in effect.

So my question is: Where are these changes located in Windows 10? How do I reset or change them? In Windows 7 there was a way to change font type in title bar, menu, message box etc but I have no idea how to do this in 10.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Stompdaroach, Aug 9, 2015

2. restore windows 10 default font settings

hi

after i upgraded to windows 10 fall update i noticed my font settings went weird and i do not know reture it to the windows 10 default font settings can someone please explain it to me in simple easy to understand instructions thanks

PaulMontrose, Aug 9, 2015
  3. acrobat 7 pro displays half in fillabe form

Font incorrect when typing fillable form in acrobat 7 pro after windows 10 upgrade

Tom Santini, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Carri Win User

Weird fonts in Windows 10 after upgrading from 7

In the advanced display settings, you can change the size and boldness of the fonts, but not the font itself. I'm still trying to figure out how to get the system fonts properly changed. Also, even with resizing and bolding the fonts, it seems Windows 10 resets them on me frequently, especially after it installs updates. It's driving me crazy. I had custom fonts with Win 8.1 before this and I did it with hacking the registry, but I heard Windows 10 ignores the entries if you try it now.

Carri, Aug 11, 2015
  5. Lange666 Win User
    Registry hack still works fine.

Lange666, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Weird fonts in Windows 10 after upgrading from 7

1. Weird fonts in Windows 10 after upgrading from 7 - Similar Threads - Weird fonts upgrading

2. After upgrading to build 20170, Windows UI font become weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    After upgrading to build 20170, Windows UI font become weird: After upgrading to build 20170, some system UI display weird jagged font like Internet Option[IMG], and Edge wrongly display really large icons in menus. I have tried reinstall language packs and check system files, but they don't work....
  3. upgraded from Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    upgraded from Windows 7 to 10: Just upgraded today and I'm amazed at how slow the startup is.. Did some research and saw advice to run 'crapifier.exe' But when I try to run it I just get "application error". Also my searches 'decrapifier Application Error' gets no results. Seems odd. Can anyone suggest a...
  4. no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no ethernet after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7: Can someone please help me find out how to get my ethernet back> My computer also has wifi so I'm not completely disabled but after windows 7 to 10 upgrade I completely lost my ethernet connection and don't know how to get it back. thanks...
  5. upgrade from 7 to 10 - Weird effects

in Windows 10 Support
    upgrade from 7 to 10 - Weird effects: In general my upgrade from 7 to 10 has gone well, yet I notice a few odd things going on... 1. On using a usb key, even if just plugging in to delete a file, win10 often refuses to eject it saying it is still in use ?? (yet not always). NOTHING is running and the led on the...
  6. Windows 10 issues after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 issues after upgrading from Windows 7: One week ago I installed Windows 10 on my computer. I was upgrading from Windows 7. Not sure what happened but it is not working properly. I had a glitch during installation and think that may be the cause. Can I just revert back to Windows 7 and then install Windows 10...
  7. Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading From Windows 7 to 10: I am wondering if the media creation tool is the easiest way to upgrading from windows 7 to 10 remotely? Is there an easy way to mass upgrade everyone on the network without them losing data? Is MDT easier? If using MCT do you have to baby it in an admin account so the user...
  8. Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 after upgrading from Windows 7: I don't like Windows 10. I upgraded from Windows 7 on most of my systems. It feels weird that I have to upgrade such a great operating system that I used with not many problems and easy to use and is losing support. It doesn't feel right for a consumer that is happy on...
  9. No keyboard after upgrade from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No keyboard after upgrade from 7 to 10: After 10 upgrade, the keyboard in my Compaq Presario CQ57-315NR notebook doesn't work except when I'm in "Control Panel". I seem to be able to type in the search box there, but that is the only place the keyboard works. I have tried uninstalling the driver and then...
  10. Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 reboot after upgrading from windows 7: I have strange issue only with 1 laptop, upgraded the windows from 7 to 10 pro, when it boot after few min it restarts , If I turn the network connection, reboot system before it restart itself, after next reboot after login turn the network enable . system work fine as...