Windows 10: Weird freezes while playing video games

Discus and support Weird freezes while playing video games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've recently been suffering from a rather awkward problem. Let's say I'm on an 8-hour binge of, say, League of Legends or Heroes of the Storm.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Marcin Erhard, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Weird freezes while playing video games

I've recently been suffering from a rather awkward problem.

Let's say I'm on an 8-hour binge of, say, League of Legends or Heroes of the Storm. During my first or second game it will unerringly freeze, but from then on, no matter how long I play everything is smooth sailing.

Could anyone give me some pointers on what to look for?

I've downloaded the newest drivers, I've turned off all the background apps, but the problems persists. Any ideas?

Here's my dxdiag (I know people are often asked for it with PC problems):
    https://1drv.ms/t/s!AgzCDNxoa4bohlSc9Sg72clZqW59

:)

Marcin Erhard, Aug 5, 2018

2. Minecraft freezes gaming PC

Hi,

We have here a thread Windows 10 freezes when playing games
    related to your concern. We suggest that you go through the steps provided by
    Roger Lu.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Aug 5, 2018
  3. System freezes when playing game.

Hello Donovan,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with playing game. We will certainly help you.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things

• Did you install the application from the Windows store?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Try Updating the graphics driver and check.

Step 1: Follow these steps to
    update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the graphics driver and select
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the System and check opening the application again.

Step 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers
    and update and check.

Refer:How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Step 3: Follow the st3eps from the link below and check:

Game freezes or stops responding on a Windows 10 device

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assists you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Weird freezes while playing video games

losing audio when playing video games

Hi,

To isolate what's causing the issue you're experiencing, kindly provide us with some additional details:

• Were there any recent software or hardware changes made to your system prior to the issue?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps in trying to resolve it?
    • Do you experience the issue only when you're playing a certain video game?

Awaiting for your response.

Joanna 777, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Weird freezes while playing video games

1. Weird freezes while playing video games - Similar Threads - Weird freezes while

2. Permanent computer freezing while playing video games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanent computer freezing while playing video games.: Recently while playing large video games such as the last of us, and god of war, I encountered a problem where after a few minutes of gaming my entire computer freezes particularly during cutscenes, needing a manual reboot. In event viewer, it seems like its an kernel-power...
  3. Permanent computer freezing while playing video games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanent computer freezing while playing video games.: Recently while playing large video games such as the last of us, and god of war, I encountered a problem where after a few minutes of gaming my entire computer freezes particularly during cutscenes, needing a manual reboot. In event viewer, it seems like its an kernel-power...
  4. Permanent computer freezing while playing video games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while playing video games

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while playing video games: Hi all! I started encountering an issue and I have no idea what to do now. I'll try my best to give a quick rundown :So. This issue only pops up when playing video games, as if I spend hours drawing or watching videos, no such thing happens. The BSOD can pop up anytime from 5...
  6. Glitch while playing videos and games

Glitch while playing videos and games: Why there is glitch when i am playing games or videos? There is no problem with my pc. My screen is lagging when playing videos and games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/glitch-while-playing-videos-and-games/9d884054-cd47-41c3-a60d-be8348d6d908
  7. BSOD While playing Video Games

BSOD While playing Video Games: Hey Guys, since this morning i received multiple BSOD while playing video games. I reinstalled Windows just to be sure and only installed the software i really needed. This Error only appears while playing video games. I already did the Hard drive and Memtest with...
  8. BSOD and freezing while playing video games

BSOD and freezing while playing video games: So the backstory: I played 7 Days to Die last weekend and had an odd freeze where everything locked up and the monitor suddenly looked like this: https://i.imgur.com/C9c5BGS.jpg I figured maybe it was an issue of graphics card drivers needing to be updated so the...
  9. BSOD while playing video games.

BSOD while playing video games.: So I've been having bsod problems for the past month or so and they seem to always happen when I'm playing games, mainly Ark:Survival evolved and Overwatch. It doesn't happen after a few minutes or anything but after a long gaming session like 5-8 hours it would bsod. Here is...
  10. Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos: Hello, I am having a bizarre problem that I can't seem to narrow down. While playing video games (Black Desert Online) on one monitor and having YouTube or twitch.tv up on another monitor my computer will eventually freeze and require power cycling. No BSOD no errors in...