Windows 10: Weird Freezing After Boot

Discus and support Weird Freezing After Boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello there, I have had an issue that is very odd on my computer recently. Sometimes when I boot up my computer or wake it from sleep sometimes after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by youngtomlin, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Weird Freezing After Boot

Hello there, I have had an issue that is very odd on my computer recently. Sometimes when I boot up my computer or wake it from sleep sometimes after use for about 5 minutes all internet access will stop and the computer will freeze. I can click around tabs however the whole of the taskbar at the bottom will freeze up. I cannot open Task Manager or any options to get it out of the freeze and the only option is to power off and restart and then it will be ok for this use. Sometimes when powering back on there will be a graphical glitch on boot as the screen will flicker purple/blue upwards and create a graphical problem which means I will have to restart again to fix this. Sometimes and only recently it will boot in BIOS when restarting however when you click Save and Exit, it will boot normally. I have no idea what's going on and don't really know where to start looking. I'm pretty sure my computer is not crashing as I haven't had a BSOD. I'm not even sure if this is the correct place to post, so apologies if not. Let me know if you need anymore information. Windows Version: 19043.1052 Thanks in advance.

:)

youngtomlin, Jun 24, 2021

2. Weird problem (Computer freezes on boot screen)

You've not read the whole thread, have you? *Stick Out Tongue Weird Freezing After Boot :p

He's run it and also tried running with each single stick of RAM isolated.

It's the most fucked up install problem I've ever seen.

My final suggestion would be;

1) complete wipe/reformat of the HDD (NOT revo).
    2) install only gfx card, HDD, optical drive. DO NOT even touch the Revo or Soundcard.
    3) boot up and instal windows.
    4) install only the essential chipset drivers
    5) install vga drivers.

If you've done those steps then it can't even be a driver clash from the vga. In fact, I'd go so far as to say your Windows copy is dodgy or corrupted.

the54thvoid, Jun 24, 2021
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Weird Freezing After Boot

Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Weird Freezing After Boot :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Weird Freezing After Boot

1. Weird Freezing After Boot - Similar Threads - Weird Freezing Boot

2. PC fails to boot after freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC fails to boot after freeze: Specs:CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800xGPU: Asus ROG Strix 3070Motherboard: Asus x570-f gamingBoot drive: Samsung 970 pro m.2 NVMEWindows version: Windows 10 up to date forced update with reboot 2 days before the problem startedOther details:Fresh install of Windows 10 in december...
  3. Weird BIOS update + W11 boot freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird BIOS update + W11 boot freeze: Hello guys, few hours ago Windows Updates notified me a BIOS update, the F.20 03/March/2022. I performed the updated from F.12 to F.20 version and everything works fine, the laptop is smooth and not issues.I just got 2 questions:1. Checking the product page I see that the...
  4. Weird BIOS update + W11 boot freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird BIOS update + W11 boot freeze: Hello guys, few hours ago Windows Updates notified me a BIOS update, the F.20 03/March/2022. I performed the updated from F.12 to F.20 version and everything works fine, the laptop is smooth and not issues.I just got 2 questions:1. Checking the product page I see that the...
  5. Weird Freezing Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Freezing Issue: Has happened a few times now, everything just locks up, I can still move the mouse, but I can't interact with anything, no windows, no tabs, no taskbar, can't bring anything up nothing, just the mouse moves. The only way out is to restart the whole thing. What's going on?...
  6. Boot is weird

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Boot is weird: Whenever I boot my pc it boots into the OS but I'm supposed to see the windows logo with the loading screen also. I just see the loading. How do I make the windows icon appear also? When I use a virtual machine it appears but in my actual pc, it's gone! If you don't...
  7. Windows fails to boot after freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows fails to boot after freezing: Please forgive any errors this is my first post here. Hello my desktop ssd recently froze. Nothing out of the ordinary it happens from time to time. When I restarted it failed to boot. I read up and I believe it it is an 0xc0000098 error. When I tried bcdbackup it also...
  8. windows 10 freezes after boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 freezes after boot: Hello, my laptop keeps freezing after booting up, and doesn't respond to any keyboard or mouse commands. I can't enter safe mode since power button is missing from login screen. Is there any other way to enter safe mode or restore windows while it's booting? this problem...
  9. Weird BSOD/freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird BSOD/freeze: Hello ladies/gentleman! *Smile Sadly (probably) I got hyped with the Windows 10 thingy and upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro. Here comes the problem. After installing Windows 10, I experience weird freezes (like everything freezes, even sound) and sometimes (had them in...
  10. Weird freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird freezes: I hope it's correct board for post like that. First post, what a way to start! There we go: Whenever I leave my laptop be for a few minutes, it freezes. After minute, two, ten it unfreezes and works as nothing happened. Happens mostly when I turn on music in foobar2000...