Windows 10: Weird gaming performance when plugging and unplugging my laptop.

Discus and support Weird gaming performance when plugging and unplugging my laptop. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So when I'm playing a very demanding game on my PC, it lags for sure, but if it's plugged and I unplug it, it runs like butter and after a few seconds,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DemiladeAkintan, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Weird gaming performance when plugging and unplugging my laptop.

So when I'm playing a very demanding game on my PC, it lags for sure, but if it's plugged and I unplug it, it runs like butter and after a few seconds, it resumes lagging. Same thing happens when it's unplugged and I plug it. Is there a way to fix this please?

:)

DemiladeAkintan, Nov 21, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Games not running up to performance standards when laptop is not plugged in.

I am running Windows 10 version 1709 (Fall Creators update). When my laptop is plugged in, my games run up to the expected FPS or speed. But, when it is not plugged in, the games run slower all the sudden. Also, I realized that if I put it to "Better Performance"
    not plugged in, it manages the "Speed" weirdly.

I already tried:

• running disk cleanup
    • Changing the paging file
    • Reinstalling Windows
    • Changing the battery to Best Performance
    Screenshots:

Weird gaming performance when plugging and unplugging my laptop. c57aa913-a573-440f-ac1d-cd89af7eed89.png

Here's what I mean by speed:

Weird gaming performance when plugging and unplugging my laptop. f2b83b5a-aa12-4b9c-a611-76cfba4fbd61.png

I already have posted this somewhere, but no one has answered to it for months.

nickylego14, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Weird gaming performance when plugging and unplugging my laptop.

Laptop lags when i plugged in or unplug charger while playing

Hi,

I'm looking for the fix, well, when i'm turning on my laptop, while it's charging, and i'm playing the game, and when i just unplug charger, it's have terrible lag, and this repeat also when i'm turning on my laptop on battery, playing games well, and when
    i plugged in charger it's lagging again. and when i restart the system, it's works fine again. i can't found any fix of this. i know this is caused from battery management, but i tried a lot of steps for this. but i can't stop this problem.. if anyone knows
    the fix. please comment the steps.

Sincerely,

David Gelkhauri.

DavidGelkhauri, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Weird gaming performance when plugging and unplugging my laptop.

1. Weird gaming performance when plugging and unplugging my laptop. - Similar Threads - Weird gaming performance

2. Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in: My laptop has lately met a lot of performance issues related to the battery. It started with the laptop switching between plugged in and on battery when I'm gaming with AC power. After that issue was gone, I expected my laptop to perform smoothly again. But, my laptop chose...
  3. Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in: My laptop has lately met a lot of performance issues related to the battery. It started with the laptop switching between plugged in and on battery when I'm gaming with AC power. After that issue was gone, I expected my laptop to perform smoothly again. But, my laptop chose...
  4. Why does my gaming laptop performance absolutely tank when i unplug it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my gaming laptop performance absolutely tank when i unplug it?: i checked the power plan and somehow the pc extended its life by a whole hour just by doing that but the performance goes down stillgigabyte gd g5 3050 rtx i5...
  5. Why does my gaming laptop performance absolutely tank when i unplug it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my gaming laptop performance absolutely tank when i unplug it?: i checked the power plan and somehow the pc extended its life by a whole hour just by doing that but the performance goes down stillgigabyte gd g5 3050 rtx i5...
  6. Why does my gaming laptop performance absolutely tank when i unplug it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop not displaying "Plugged In / On Battery" popup when I plug in the charger and unplug it.

Laptop not displaying "Plugged In / On Battery" popup when I plug in the charger and unplug it.: This started a few days ago I believe. Basically, my ASUS TUF FX504 gaming laptop doesn't show the "Plugged In / On Battery" popup when I unplug / plug in the charger anymore. I haven't done anything differently as far as I'm aware... Does anyone know how to get the popup to...
  8. Laptop lags when plugged in but works when when unplugged

Laptop lags when plugged in but works when when unplugged: I recently resetted my windows 10 laptop after it crashed in windows update. So after I reinstalled windows and all it basicaclly became like a new device. However, it is lagging. Now more so when I plug in my charger. Works okayish sometimes works smooth sometimes just goes...
  9. My Laptop thinks theres a mouse plugged in even when unplugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Laptop thinks theres a mouse plugged in even when unplugged: The mouse I am using is a Logitech g502. In the device manager, it says there are 3 mice 1 mouse is the USB mice that plugged in and another mouse is my touchpad the other mice is a "virtual mice" and its location is G hub software of the g502. I use a feature called disable...
  10. My harddisk performance is decrease when i plugged in my laptop

My harddisk performance is decrease when i plugged in my laptop: i see in task manager when i plugged in my laptop and the hardisk usage always 100% and the average response time is always high likev 2000ms and when not plugged in the hardisk performance is increase to 20% disk ussage and 1,4ms average response time. can someone fix this...