Windows 10: Weird "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device"

Discus and support Weird "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I finally decided to do something about this. There is always a Safely Remove icon on my taskbar, so I click it and there is nothing to remove. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sammyandsam, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Weird "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device"

So I finally decided to do something about this.
    There is always a Safely Remove icon on my taskbar, so I click it and there is nothing to remove.
    In Device manager, it is also present under Disk Drives. Even under my computer there is a disk drive with the letter "D" that is grayed out and when I click on it, it just says "Please insert disk"
    I have no idea what it could be. I'm just annoyed with it and want it to go away.
    I am extremely confused.

Here are some screenshots of it:
    https://gyazo.com/b3fc8a147d498d7e43923b32967278ae
    https://gyazo.com/eaae320d1364bac907ead8bd40793992
    https://gyazo.com/dba00747330b05f4155089e9280b0d45
    https://gyazo.com/5a344b9161f6b785b0edcf921ea6a5f3

:)

sammyandsam, Nov 9, 2015

2. mass storage mode problem

plz help! after using the mass storage for deleting some stuff (eg: themes), when i try to disconnect the mass storage by the option in the tray (safely remove usb mass storage device), i get the error message: "The device 'Generic Volume' cannot be stopped
    right now. Try stopping the device again later". Why is this happening?

abhayananth, Nov 9, 2015
  3. N73 problem

What do yo mean "as USB mass storage device"?

kurenai---01, Nov 9, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Weird "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device"

This is normal, at least it is on my computer as well. I think it has to do with the built-in media card readers on my Lenovo K450.

Ztruker, Nov 9, 2015
Thema:

Weird "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device"

1. Weird "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device" - Similar Threads - Weird Generic STORAGE

2. "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device": I have a piece of software that I MUST use to make flash cards for some equipment. The flash cards are essentially the equipment's hard drive and they have a mix of Linux and Windows partitions. Here is the problem I'm having...I have a flash card reader made by Onn that...
  3. "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device": I have a piece of software that I MUST use to make flash cards for some equipment. The flash cards are essentially the equipment's hard drive and they have a mix of Linux and Windows partitions. Here is the problem I'm having...I have a flash card reader made by Onn that...
  4. "Generic MassStorageClass USB Device" VS. "USB Mass Storage Device USB Device"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Usb device being weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb device being weird.: I have this usb device which usually works for my computer... Randomly it stopped working, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in... But I noticed as I did that, whenever I unplug the device, the computer thinks I am plugging it in, like it makes the noise of a usb device...
  6. Usb device being weird.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb device being weird.: I have this usb device which usually works for my computer... Randomly it stopped working, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in... But I noticed as I did that, whenever I unplug the device, the computer thinks I am plugging it in, like it makes the noise of a usb device...
  7. Usb device being weird.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Generic USB Hub Device Missing

Generic USB Hub Device Missing: I've been having issues with my USB ports and thought it may have been related to an issue I've had for some time now. This issue shows up as 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)' in the device manager. In an effort to resolve this problem, I've attempted a...
  9. USB STORAGE DEVICE

USB STORAGE DEVICE: I've saved all my documents and pictures on my old computer onto a USB memory stick so I could transfer to my new computer, but the memory device isn't showing up when I plug into the new computer....
  10. USB Storage Devices

USB Storage Devices: I've been using Win10 since the general release. This was an update install on a Win7 laptop. Apart from a few issues (waking from sleep on scheduled tasks, lack of control on updates) I have a problem with external devices. If I use several USB flash drives/harddrive I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. generic storage device device

2. generic storage device usb device windows 10

3. wierd storage device