Windows 10: Weird "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device"

Discus and support Weird "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I finally decided to do something about this. There is always a Safely Remove icon on my taskbar, so I click it and there is nothing to remove. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sammyandsam, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Weird "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device"

So I finally decided to do something about this.
    There is always a Safely Remove icon on my taskbar, so I click it and there is nothing to remove.
    In Device manager, it is also present under Disk Drives. Even under my computer there is a disk drive with the letter "D" that is grayed out and when I click on it, it just says "Please insert disk"
    I have no idea what it could be. I'm just annoyed with it and want it to go away.
    I am extremely confused.

Here are some screenshots of it:
    https://gyazo.com/b3fc8a147d498d7e43923b32967278ae
    https://gyazo.com/eaae320d1364bac907ead8bd40793992
    https://gyazo.com/dba00747330b05f4155089e9280b0d45
    https://gyazo.com/5a344b9161f6b785b0edcf921ea6a5f3

:)

sammyandsam, Nov 9, 2015

2. mass storage mode problem

plz help! after using the mass storage for deleting some stuff (eg: themes), when i try to disconnect the mass storage by the option in the tray (safely remove usb mass storage device), i get the error message: "The device 'Generic Volume' cannot be stopped
    right now. Try stopping the device again later". Why is this happening?

abhayananth, Nov 9, 2015
  3. N73 problem

What do yo mean "as USB mass storage device"?

kurenai---01, Nov 9, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Weird "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device"

This is normal, at least it is on my computer as well. I think it has to do with the built-in media card readers on my Lenovo K450.

Ztruker, Nov 9, 2015
Thema:

Weird "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device"

1. Weird "Generic STORAGE DEVICE USB Device" - Similar Threads - Weird Generic STORAGE

2. Code 10 generic usb audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Code 10 generic usb audio device: So i own a FIIO E10k DAC/AMP the asio drivers that they have make my PC BSOD,this is a well known problem among both asio users and E10K users That's why they recommend using the windows audio drivers that automatically install when you plug it in... for some reason i can't...
  3. USB Mass Storage Device (Code38)

USB Mass Storage Device (Code38): Hi All I've been working on this issue for a few weeks months now and still no joy. My issue is as follows and I hope someone can point me in the right direction; If I boot the workstation fresh my external USB drive is present and works. That night I am able to run...
  4. Generic USB Hub Device Missing

Generic USB Hub Device Missing: I've been having issues with my USB ports and thought it may have been related to an issue I've had for some time now. This issue shows up as 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)' in the device manager. In an effort to resolve this problem, I've attempted a...
  5. USB STORAGE DEVICE

USB STORAGE DEVICE: I've saved all my documents and pictures on my old computer onto a USB memory stick so I could transfer to my new computer, but the memory device isn't showing up when I plug into the new computer....
  6. USB mass storage device problem

USB mass storage device problem: I am running a windows 10. AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5Ghz 8GB Ram 64 Bit Windows Version 1803 I am trying to do some work where I need to write data (3D print files) to an SD card for printing. It is part of a product testing cycle. When I first turn the...
  7. Problem with the USB mass storage device driver

Problem with the USB mass storage device driver: Hi, its my first post. My problem is that my 128gb flash drive wont appear in windows 10 or any programs. It showed up in the Devices section of the control panel, but said there was a problem with the USB mass storage device driver. I reinstalled the mass storage, and it...
  8. VMware-usb storage device not recognized

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware-usb storage device not recognized: Hello, I'm running Windows XP in Workstation Player on a Windows 10 laptop. My USB CD/DVD drive is able to mount in the Player. So is a flash drive. My Western Digital ssd (My Passport Ultra) is listed in "Removable devices", but fails to mount, giving this error:...
  9. Problems with USB SCSI Mass Storage Device

Problems with USB SCSI Mass Storage Device: Everytime my Seagate Expansion Portable Drive is plugged into my PC (Windows 10 64bit), Window's Event Viewer repeatedly reports warning messages: Event 129, UASPStor Reset to device,\Device\Raidport1, was issued Also, USB 3 write speed was extremely...
  10. USB Storage Devices

USB Storage Devices: I've been using Win10 since the general release. This was an update install on a Win7 laptop. Apart from a few issues (waking from sleep on scheduled tasks, lack of control on updates) I have a problem with external devices. If I use several USB flash drives/harddrive I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. generic storage device usb device windows 10

2. wierd storage device