Windows 10: Weird glitches and issues

Discus and support Weird glitches and issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there! This is my first post on here, and also my first Windows PC! Please bear with me as there's a lot of info below, but this has been a very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aVando_85, Jan 28, 2021.

1. aVando_85 Win User

Weird glitches and issues

Hi there! This is my first post on here, and also my first Windows PC! Please bear with me as there's a lot of info below, but this has been a very frustrating experience for me lately.

PC Specs:
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit - 10.0.19042 fully updated

AMD Ryzen 9 3950x

AsRock B550M Steel Legend latest bios

Corsair LPX Vengence 2x32gb 3200mhz Ram running XMP profile 2

EVGA GTX 1060 3gb

All devices and drivers are up to date as far as I can tell.

I am having some major issues with Windows and my computer. I use the computer to video edit, mainly using Premiere Pro and After Effects. Most of my issues occur when I am using this software, but I also noticed some weird things about windows. I just built this comp myself last month.

Issues: Most of the time these issues occur when I am working in the aformentioned software

1. Screen flashing black once or twice. rarely happens

2. When I click the "windows" button in the bottom corner and click power, nothing shows but a slight blur where the shut down, restart buttons are supposed to be. this only happened a few times randomly

3. When I hover my cursor over the minimized apps that are showing in the bottom right corner dock where the clock also is, 90% of the icons disappear. this only happened a few times randomly

4. My custom keyboard RGB settings get reset randomly. I have a Logitech G815, and I spent time customizing it, and it has randomly reset and erased all my settings several times. I am signed into the app, and I would think the setting would be saved under my name, so it seems my settings are being deleted This has happened when I get a message from my discord app asking me if I will allow G Hub to communicate with Discord, and after I select "deny" the reset has happened.

5. My Ethernet port stopped working randomly a few weeks ago. It shows no light activity. it's enabled in the bios

Adobe Specific:

5. The UI in Premiere Pro doesn't keep the same layout as I previously set. It resets to it's own setting even after I save my layout.

6. I have 5 SSD's in the pc, with the OS on 1 drive, my media and project files on 1 drive sharing 2 nvme drives using windows spanning, and media & cache on 1 drive - and with all this, Premiere Pro seems to still play the timeline back sluggish and it still lags, and for my setup, I feel like 1080p content should be playing seamlessly I am mainly editing codecs straight from my Sony A7s2

7. Specific App issues with After Effects and Premiere Pro are, getting "low on system memory/can't allocate enough memory", image buffer errors, freezing, crashing, my "program screen" showing black or green suddenly and not being able to play my footage.

* I am now running an older Premiere Pro version which has seemed to help a bit with the crashing.

I could go on, but this is all I can recall at the moment. I have done tests and error checks on my CPU, memory, and GPU, and they come out clear. I have a feeling this is software related, and to my a lot of signs point to video related issues, so not sure if it's my video card, although several tests have not shown any issues with the card.

Not sure how you can help, but any suggestions are recommended. I may try reinstalling windows to start, but I am working on a project now and have to wait before I do anything drastic.

Thanks for your help!!!!

:)

aVando_85, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Windows 10 weird font issue

Hi Jason,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know:

• If the issue is specific to any web-browser?
    • Does the issue also occur with documents saved in your computer?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to try in “in-Private” mode and check if it helps. Here is the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+P.
    If the issue still persists, then try login in “Compatibility Mode” and check. See the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Click on Tools icon and select
      Compatibility view settings
    Share the results and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jan 28, 2021
  4. bluecew Win User

Weird scrolling glitch

Tried both things. The troubleshooter said there were no problems. Uninstalling the keyboard device also did not work. The weird thing is even after I uninstalled the keyboard device, the glitch keeps happening even though my keyboard doesn't work and
    I can't type. And the problem is definitely not the mouse.

bluecew, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Weird glitches and issues - Similar Threads - Weird glitches issues

2. Weird texture glitches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird texture glitches: I have been getting strange texture glitches recently.They seem to change color if i tab out and back in, or disapear entirely.They look like this:This is the texture glitch:This is what it's supposed to look like:This is another texture glitch:This is what it's supposed to...
  3. Weird Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Glitch: Hi, I've been using Microsoft devices mostly and when I'm playing a game or something that I have to click on the bottom of the screen near the taskbar the focus goes to the task bar when I'm not clicking exactly on the taskbar, then I have to click on the game and retry...
  4. Weird Glitch

Weird Glitch: Hi, I've been using Microsoft devices mostly and when I'm playing a game or something that I have to click on the bottom of the screen near the taskbar the focus goes to the task bar when I'm not clicking exactly on the taskbar, then I have to click on the game and retry...
  5. A Weird Glitch With Notepad.

A Weird Glitch With Notepad.: When I copy and pasted something up until now, it would be in a vertical format. But when I did the same thing today, it's all crammed together in a long, ugly, hard-to-read line. This has never been an issue before, and I really want it fixed....
  6. A weird language glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
    A weird language glitch: i dont know what to do pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-weird-language-glitch/018e6b2c-f5b6-4568-8eb3-3920df6dfe70
  7. Minecraft weird glitch!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft weird glitch!: So the past two days my Minecraft has been acting up. Basically, If I have Minecraft in full screen I can't tab back in to the game if I tab out no matter what I try. And sometimes when launching Minecraft it just doesn't let me in and the game just flickers. I don't know why...
  8. Weird glitching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird glitching: So the issue I am currently having is whenever I move my laptop just a tiny bit or if it shakes anything, it goes into this weird black glitchy screen; sometimes the laptop reboots; other times it doesn't; it just sits there and freezes as it crashed, but I have the slightest...
  9. weird glitch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    weird glitch: so whenever im booting some os in vmware doesnt matter if its windows,linux or a custom os it still shows press alt+z to open geforce expericence during the boot of any os and this just started happining after i did a update...
  10. Weird Glitch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Glitch: I don't know how to explain but heres a picture Glitch Image When i hover my mouse to the empty places the icons and texts appears. After i close the thing and reopen it, it disappears. Happens to all softwares that has those option things submitted by /u/Hellireddit...