Windows 10: Weird gpedit entry

Discus and support Weird gpedit entry in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have noticed this entry on GPEDIT written in a weird form. Is this a virus? I tried searching to no avail Thanks [img] 138553 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by derek10, Aug 15, 2019.

1. derek10 Win User

Weird gpedit entry

Hi, I have noticed this entry on GPEDIT written in a weird form.
    Is this a virus? I tried searching to no avail
    Thanks

Weird gpedit entry [​IMG]

:)

derek10, Aug 15, 2019

2. GPEDIT is completely ineffective in Win10 PRO

Hi joeyberger,

Sorry for the delay in response

What specific setting did you change in gpedit?

Do you face the issue only with gpedit?

We suggest you to run this command and check.

• Press Win + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command Prompt(Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • After the SFC scan, Type or copy, paste the command in the command prompt
      DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Aug 15, 2019
  3. gpedit crashes with error "found an error in a snap-in"

Hi,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issue with gpedit, this issue might happens due to missing or corrupted system files.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Press Windows + R keys, to open
      Run command.
    • Type cmd and hit Enter to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the command "sfc /scannow" without the quotes
      and hit Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to perform clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict and check.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Weird gpedit entry

Keyboard entry not working in Window10 Edge or Mail

Hi,

If you find that Microsoft Edge is experiencing a slow or weird performance, we suggest that you reset it.

Follow these steps on how to reset Microsoft Edge:

• Click the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner of Edge Window.
    • Locate Settings.
    • Click Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.
    • Select Show more, then check all the data listed.
    • Click Clear.
    • Restart your PC and re-open Edge.

Let us know if you have any additional concerns.

Ronalene Mat, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Weird gpedit entry

1. Weird gpedit entry - Similar Threads - Weird gpedit entry

2. Weird/Unrecognizable entry on Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird/Unrecognizable entry on Registry Editor: Hello. Today while checking something on my computer's Regedit i saw a weird Registry Key which is written in Chinese letters. The location of this registry key is: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\p"Inside the Registry folder there are two values: Default & WheelScrollLines = 4I have no...
  3. Weird/Unrecognizable entry on Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird/Unrecognizable entry on Registry Editor: Hello. Today while checking something on my computer's Regedit i saw a weird Registry Key which is written in Chinese letters. The location of this registry key is: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\p"Inside the Registry folder there are two values: Default & WheelScrollLines = 4I have no...
  4. Weird/Unrecognizable entry on Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Weird mshome.net DNS entries

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird mshome.net DNS entries: Hi, so just out of curiosity I ran an ipconfig /displaydns, which showed me lots of entries, but the mshome.net ones looked suspicious, so I ran a ipconfig /flushdns and immediatley after that I ran another ipconfig /displaydns. Now all the entries except the mshome.net...
  6. Gpedit

Gpedit: Would it work if I was to use group policy to disable updates until I see fit then re enable updates when I want to update submitted by /u/Aggravating_Serve665 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwanql/gpedit/
  7. Do policies set in gpedit (Win Pro) override Regedit entries?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do policies set in gpedit (Win Pro) override Regedit entries?: Win 10 1909 Pro (18363.778) Long story short, but I'm one of the many affected by the May 2020 HP desktop KMODE BSOD and bootloop. This is apparently caused by Defender clashing with HP software, and the temporary fix is to disable Defender entirely through adding the keys...
  8. Reset gpedit?

Reset gpedit?: I was in gpedit and i enable only run certain apps and i closed gpedit and niw I cant reopen it becuase it wasnt in the list. Is there a way to reset this. I also cant use regedit and running as admin dosnt work submitted by /u/roryc102 [link] [comments]...
  9. gpedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gpedit: Tengo el editor de directivas de grupo local. al revisar su contenido observo que le faltan carpetas se pueden actualizar este editor. Se pueden descargar los archivos, se puede hacer algo.o automáticamente se va actualizando. agradezco algún comentario.GRACIAS...
  10. GPEdit Error

in Windows 10 Support
    GPEdit Error: After the latest Windows update, Group Policy Editor displays an error when starting. After clicking OK twice, the error clears. This is the second error that has occurred with GPEdit with Windows 10. A similar error occurred after the November update. Is there an easy way to...