Windows 10: Weird Graphical glitch when monitor turns back on from inactivity

Discus and support Weird Graphical glitch when monitor turns back on from inactivity in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ever since the 2004 update, when my monitor goes to sleep from being inactive, my programs sometimes have a weird graphic glitch on them as seen here :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jaseow, Jul 30, 2020.

1. /u/Jaseow Win User

Weird Graphical glitch when monitor turns back on from inactivity

Ever since the 2004 update, when my monitor goes to sleep from being inactive, my programs sometimes have a weird graphic glitch on them as seen here :

[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/KeqejH5.jpg)

you can see around the 4 corners and the edges theres some sort of glitching / artifacting going on. A restart of the laptop will fix it but its annoying me a great deal. I have done the usual DDU driver clean and reinstall. It doesnt happen everytime, maybe 1 out of 5 times that the monitor switches off from inactivity. The rest of the time it doesnt have this display glitch. Any ideas ?

submitted by /u/Jaseow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jaseow, Jul 30, 2020

2. Weird graphical text editor glitch in a dual monitor setup on windows 10

My dearest superusers,

I have a very weird graphics 'glitch' for certain IDE's or editors, like TexStudio and Spyder. It happens that certain lines or words overlap with each other, and sometimes certain lines have different fontsizes even (not shown in next image)

Screenshot for one example of overlapping words:

Weird Graphical glitch when monitor turns back on from inactivity KLWUi.png

It happens usually in my secondary monitor (LG Flatron E2350V), but if I remember correctly, it had appeared on my primary as well. My primary is just the one of my laptop (HP Pavilion - 14-al125nd). What I have noticed (from what I remember) is:

• When the problem appeared in Spyder in primary monitor, it was
      sometimes solved by saving the python file
    • When the problem appeard in Spyder in secondary monitor, it was
      sometimes solved by maximizing the window.
    • And at times none of the above methods worked for no monitor.
    • When I drag one of the text environments (texStudio or Spyder) from monitor 1 to monitor 2, the text transitions into the glitched version.
    • Also,some IDEs like Matlab, never experienced this problem. (And till now, I have never seen the problem elsewhere
    • As far as I know, these two programs are the only ones where the glitch appeared.
    • Lately, the problem does not appear in first monitor, but it still does in second one.

This suggests that the problem is time-varying and possibly also varies in its characteristcs.

To solve the problem, I've tried to:

• update to latests graphics drivers, both my integraded Intel card (HD
      Graphics 620), as well as my dedicated Nvdia GeFore 940MX card.
    • Otherwise I've tried to search online but frankly, I do not really
      know the right search terms to find the same problem. Therefore I
      hope to find some answers or suggestions on this site!

Just to be clear, my question is what causes and/or what can potentially solve the problem?
    Of course I do not know what information could be used/required to answer this question, so if there are any questions of additional details that I did not mention, please ask.

Sidenote: I am not sure whether my tags are correct either. Feedback is appreciated.

BlueRine S, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 is Resetting/Glitching with 2nd Monitor

Hi Melanie,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Method1: I suggest you to change the monitor setting make the 2 monitor primary and 1 monitor secondary and check if that helps.

Press Windows + P to make the changes.

Method 2: Update the graphic driver and check if that helps.

Follow the steps to update the graphic driver.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter and Select Graphic.
    • Right-click on the Graphic and click on Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Sudharshan M K, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Weird Graphical glitch when monitor turns back on from inactivity

Crashing with weird graphical glitches

I have been having alot of problems lately and i don't know why, a lot of applications crash or get this weird graphical glitch. Here's a screenshot :

Screenshot - 542ef2030052d776ade000206b598a53 - Gyazo

I have a GTX 660 with 8 GB DDR 4 RAM and an Intel Core i5-4570 CPU (3.20 GHz)

I recently updated my graphics drivers and this problem appeared. And i have no idea how to fix it, i have looked around everywhere and can't find something to reduce the chances of this happening or stopping it.

Szymon Kraczek, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Weird Graphical glitch when monitor turns back on from inactivity

1. Weird Graphical glitch when monitor turns back on from inactivity - Similar Threads - Weird Graphical glitch

2. Weird monitor glitches on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird monitor glitches on startup: On each restart i always get this screen and i have to put my computer to sleep and turn it back on to fix anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-monitor-glitches-on-startup/996620b1-e11e-472d-b5d9-25aa59acd9fe
  3. Weird monitor glitches on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird monitor glitches on startup: On each restart i always get this screen and i have to put my computer to sleep and turn it back on to fix anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-monitor-glitches-on-startup/996620b1-e11e-472d-b5d9-25aa59acd9fe
  4. Weird PC Graphical Glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird PC Graphical Glitch: My screen flickered black and applications I had open were sliding across the monitors. I also had USB disconnect/reconnect sounds playing while it was happening. it stopped after 10 or so seconds but I have no clue why this happened...
  5. Weird PC Graphical Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird PC Graphical Glitch: My screen flickered black and applications I had open were sliding across the monitors. I also had USB disconnect/reconnect sounds playing while it was happening. it stopped after 10 or so seconds but I have no clue why this happened...
  6. Weird PC Graphical Glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Weird graphical glitches when I wake windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird graphical glitches when I wake windows.: I am having these odd graphical glitches when I wake my monitors. I have it set so that my monitors/keyboard/mouse shut off after 10 minutes of no use, but the computer itself stays on. Well lately I have been noticing that when I wake my monitors, there are random parts of...
  8. Weird graphical glitch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird graphical glitch: I'm getting these weird white dots on some applications I use and I don't know what is happening. Any advice?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-graphical-glitch/b76a0936-50a1-4a54-a374-18d3bc20ebc0
  9. Dual monitors weird glitches?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitors weird glitches?: Some things don't show up correctly on my second monitor things like my steam opens up across my monitors for some reason, any things like the exit fullscreen youtube popups are in the wrong spot[IMG][ATTACH] My monitor configuration: [ATTACH] Monitor 1 is a 2560x1080p 75...
  10. Weird graphical glitch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird graphical glitch: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KevinBowser007 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhmmdy/weird_graphical_glitch/