Windows 10: Weird graphical glitch

Discus and support Weird graphical glitch in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KevinBowser007 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhmmdy/weird_graphical_glitch/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KevinBowser007, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Weird graphical glitch

/u/KevinBowser007, Jun 28, 2020

2. Crashing with weird graphical glitches

I have been having alot of problems lately and i don't know why, a lot of applications crash or get this weird graphical glitch. Here's a screenshot :

Screenshot - 542ef2030052d776ade000206b598a53 - Gyazo

I have a GTX 660 with 8 GB DDR 4 RAM and an Intel Core i5-4570 CPU (3.20 GHz)

I recently updated my graphics drivers and this problem appeared. And i have no idea how to fix it, i have looked around everywhere and can't find something to reduce the chances of this happening or stopping it.

Szymon Kraczek, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Weird graphics/glitch?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will help you with this.

I would suggest you to install latest graphics card drivers in compatibility mode from the manufacturer.

Follow the below steps to install drivers in compatibility mode.

1. Right click on driver installation file and select Troubleshoot in compatibility mode and check in the Run this program in compatibility mode.

2. Tap or click the drop down box and select operating system, then tap or click OK.
    3. Try installing the driver and check.
    4. Follow the on screen instructions.

I hope this helps.

Let us know the status of the issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Weird graphical glitch

Weird graphical text editor glitch in a dual monitor setup on windows 10

My dearest superusers,

I have a very weird graphics 'glitch' for certain IDE's or editors, like TexStudio and Spyder. It happens that certain lines or words overlap with each other, and sometimes certain lines have different fontsizes even (not shown in next image)

Screenshot for one example of overlapping words:

Weird graphical glitch KLWUi.png

It happens usually in my secondary monitor (LG Flatron E2350V), but if I remember correctly, it had appeared on my primary as well. My primary is just the one of my laptop (HP Pavilion - 14-al125nd). What I have noticed (from what I remember) is:

• When the problem appeared in Spyder in primary monitor, it was
      sometimes solved by saving the python file
    • When the problem appeard in Spyder in secondary monitor, it was
      sometimes solved by maximizing the window.
    • And at times none of the above methods worked for no monitor.
    • When I drag one of the text environments (texStudio or Spyder) from monitor 1 to monitor 2, the text transitions into the glitched version.
    • Also,some IDEs like Matlab, never experienced this problem. (And till now, I have never seen the problem elsewhere
    • As far as I know, these two programs are the only ones where the glitch appeared.
    • Lately, the problem does not appear in first monitor, but it still does in second one.

This suggests that the problem is time-varying and possibly also varies in its characteristcs.

To solve the problem, I've tried to:

• update to latests graphics drivers, both my integraded Intel card (HD
      Graphics 620), as well as my dedicated Nvdia GeFore 940MX card.
    • Otherwise I've tried to search online but frankly, I do not really
      know the right search terms to find the same problem. Therefore I
      hope to find some answers or suggestions on this site!

Just to be clear, my question is what causes and/or what can potentially solve the problem?
    Of course I do not know what information could be used/required to answer this question, so if there are any questions of additional details that I did not mention, please ask.

Sidenote: I am not sure whether my tags are correct either. Feedback is appreciated.

BlueRine S, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Weird graphical glitch

1. Weird graphical glitch - Similar Threads - Weird graphical glitch

2. Weird PC Graphical Glitch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird PC Graphical Glitch: My screen flickered black and applications I had open were sliding across the monitors. I also had USB disconnect/reconnect sounds playing while it was happening. it stopped after 10 or so seconds but I have no clue why this happened...
  3. Weird PC Graphical Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird PC Graphical Glitch: My screen flickered black and applications I had open were sliding across the monitors. I also had USB disconnect/reconnect sounds playing while it was happening. it stopped after 10 or so seconds but I have no clue why this happened...
  4. Weird PC Graphical Glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Weird Glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Glitch: Hi, I've been using Microsoft devices mostly and when I'm playing a game or something that I have to click on the bottom of the screen near the taskbar the focus goes to the task bar when I'm not clicking exactly on the taskbar, then I have to click on the game and retry...
  6. Weird graphical glitches when I wake windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird graphical glitches when I wake windows.: I am having these odd graphical glitches when I wake my monitors. I have it set so that my monitors/keyboard/mouse shut off after 10 minutes of no use, but the computer itself stays on. Well lately I have been noticing that when I wake my monitors, there are random parts of...
  7. Weird graphical glitch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird graphical glitch: I'm getting these weird white dots on some applications I use and I don't know what is happening. Any advice?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-graphical-glitch/b76a0936-50a1-4a54-a374-18d3bc20ebc0
  8. Minecraft windows 10 weird homepage graphical glitch?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft windows 10 weird homepage graphical glitch?: I have reset graphics drivers, updated my PC, run in safe mode, reset, and reinstalled the game multiple times. The game has no problems loading but refuses to properly show anything other than the background I will link a photo of what i'm dealing with below. The small red...
  9. Weird graphical glitches in web browser

Weird graphical glitches in web browser: Every once and a while i get these strange graphical glitches in my web browser. It happens on my pretty much new laptop in both firefox and chrome, and it also used to happen sometimes on my desktop too. I attached pictures of what they look like, It tends to happen on just...
  10. Weird graphical glitches in area over video

Weird graphical glitches in area over video: I've been having a really weird graphical glitch recently - anything that's shown over video randomly becomes semi-transparent. For example, the YouTube search bar glitches between fully unreadable mostly transparent and regular. I'm on a laptop with Intel HD Graphics 620 and...