Windows 10: Weird graphical Start Menu Search bug

Discus and support Weird graphical Start Menu Search bug in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When typing something to search for in the Start Menu, the search results don't show up and a graphical bug is visible instead. This happens randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JohnnyGui, Apr 16, 2019.

1. JohnnyGui Win User

Weird graphical Start Menu Search bug

When typing something to search for in the Start Menu, the search results don't show up and a graphical bug is visible instead.

This happens randomly and only gets fixed after a reboot. The last time it occurred was after updating a Store app through the Microsoft Store.

Weird graphical Start Menu Search bug [​IMG]

I have the latest updates for Windows 1809 Pro x64 installed.

:)

JohnnyGui, Apr 16, 2019

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 16, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Weird start menu problem, I've been searching for hours

Hi, the 2nd picture is not a current start menu picture- and certainly not related to the anniversary edition- assuming you have the anniversary edition that is. (build 14393.51).

'All apps' has vanished from the start menu in the current build- that was in build 1511 from November 2015 until August 2nd when the new build was released. MS now lists all items the start menu finds as per your 1st picture. If you want something different, you'll need a replacement 3rd party start menu.

(I see 3 icons to the left of the list of programs in my Win 10 start menu- this is configurable in Settings, search for choose which folders..).

So your picture is of the current start menu, anniversary edition.

Suggest it's worth searching the internet for articles on what's changed in the anniversary edition.

dalchina, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Weird graphical Start Menu Search bug

Start Menu Search

Hi, Yes. I tried changing my primary SSD from MBR to GPT via Ease Us Partition Tool. All my other drives besides the main successfully converted but not my primary disk. When the application was trying to convert the disk I received a Kernal In Page Error.
    Hope this helps!

Heavenless, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Weird graphical Start Menu Search bug

1. Weird graphical Start Menu Search bug - Similar Threads - Weird graphical Start

2. Search Bar graphical bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar graphical bug: I am experiencing a grapical bug with the windows search bar, it looks like this:What happened before this issue appeared is the following: I left my Laptop with a low battery in hibernation over night lid closed. I woke up to a bluescreen the following day, something about...
  3. [Bug] Weird Windows Key / Start Menu bug since a recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Bug] Weird Windows Key / Start Menu bug since a recent update: If I shut down my computer and boot it back up, there is a very high chance of my windows key not functioning, but I'm not sure if it's actually the key itself or if the start menu is bugged as clicking on that doesn't work either. When I open up say the Sound settings from...
  4. Weird Search Bar Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Search Bar Bug: So basically when I opened up my windows, I was opening discord in the search bar when I was greeted with this [img] [img] [img] So I searched it up and there were only 3 results and none of them worked. I tried deleting and reloading the icon cache it didn't work, I...
  5. Windows search weird bug

in Cortana
    Windows search weird bug: I'm getting this weird bug where the microsoft search results appears when I try to use my search bar as below.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-weird-bug/08f30435-8d35-4651-9baf-7d33deb09f4f
  6. Start Menu Search Graphics error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Graphics error: [ATTACH] 3 out of 10 times I try to search something there is this grey area blocking the results. sometimes the grey area is even larger blocking everything. I have all the updates installed. Can someone tell how to fix this ??...
  7. Weird graphics bug in apps

Weird graphics bug in apps: Does anyone know what causes these weird graphics bugs? I get them when using some applications, like the Riot Launcher or modern apps. https://imgur.com/1oZk6ar submitted by /u/GilloGillo [link] [comments]...
  8. Start Menu and Search Bug

Start Menu and Search Bug: Start button becomes unresponsive and search bar disappears when transfering something from usb or something like that.I have the latest version of Windows.Searched internet but could not find a solution.I just know that many people seems to have this start menu issue.Anyone...
  9. Weird power menu bug

Weird power menu bug: [ATTACH] What is this power menu bug? https://preview.redd.it/dfgif0wfrvy31.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=0ff493ddd81e1bc13bb43670b45bfa4ebdc2c3a5 https://preview.redd.it/wpw8xmwfrvy31.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=cb98f4665e3f6d93d32073f33082a84e24cb29c4...
  10. Weird Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Start Menu: Hi Guys This is my first post so please be gentle with me. I've been a member for a while now and before making my first post i've used the search facility until i ran out of keywords to use and couldn't find anything similar to my problem. I have virtually no tiles...