Windows 10: Weird gray bar at bottom of screen

Discus and support Weird gray bar at bottom of screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I was just opening up my computer, when suddenly I noticed this grey bar at the bottom of my screen. Nothing happens when I click on it, and when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WesleyUmali, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Weird gray bar at bottom of screen

So I was just opening up my computer, when suddenly I noticed this grey bar at the bottom of my screen. Nothing happens when I click on it, and when I changed the background, it was still there. What's going on? Weird gray bar at bottom of screen [​IMG]

:)

WesleyUmali, Oct 30, 2018

2. "Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

• What are the changes made or things you've done before the issue start? I ran hitmanpro.
    • Do this gray bar displays on all folders and files in the File Explorer?
      The gray bar does display on all folders in the File Explorer but not individual files themselves. The gray bar only displays on all folders in view as Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, and Medium Icons. The gray bar does not show when view is either in Small
      Icons or List, or Details.
    • Does the folders and files with the gray bar can still be accessed successfully?
      Yes all folders with the gray bar and the individual files in the folders can be accessed.
    I am currently running System File Checker and will let you know if that works.

If if doesn't work then I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness tool as suggested.

Thank you so much.

*UPDATE*

The results of System File Checker says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Now I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness Tool as suggested.

aries2ganymede, Oct 30, 2018
  4. jwebby Win User

Weird gray bar at bottom of screen

"Gray Screen of Death"

Great post! I have a Sapphire HD 5750 sitting on the shelf going to waste due to the gray screen crash. I run dual monitors and mine crashes randomly in 2D and is guaranteed to gray screen playing any kind of video.

A few months ago I tried this method to no avail. The clocks stayed up just fine but it didn't help my crashing problem.

This post has motivated me to maybe find a reference HD 5750 bios of another brand and try flashing.

I've never flashed a video card, any suggestions or links where I might find a bios and flash utility?

Thanks again for the great post.

jwebby, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Weird gray bar at bottom of screen

1. Weird gray bar at bottom of screen - Similar Threads - Weird gray bar

2. How to fix gray display with no search bar and icons at the bottom screen of ACER Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix gray display with no search bar and icons at the bottom screen of ACER Laptop?: Please help me on how to fix this problem. My laptops screen do not show the real wallpaper but only display gray color as background. The window search bar is also missing and the other icons at the bottom like battery, time, and open applications. How to fix this...
  3. Weird glitch at the bottom of my screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird glitch at the bottom of my screen.: There's a weird glitch at the bottom of my screen that covers up anything down there. Sometimes it becomes mostly transparent, like when I'm playing certain games, other times it just stays there like that. I've tried resetting my computer, to various degrees and extents, but...
  4. Grey bar at the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Grey bar at the bottom of screen: Hi,I am noticing a grey bar, almost the size of task bar at the bottom of the screen. If the taskbar is located at the bottom of the screen this grey area is masking it out, and hence not able to properly view the font on the taskbar.This grey area is present at bottom even...
  5. Grey bar at the bottom of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Grey bar at the bottom of screen: Hi,I am noticing a grey bar, almost the size of task bar at the bottom of the screen. If the taskbar is located at the bottom of the screen this grey area is masking it out, and hence not able to properly view the font on the taskbar.This grey area is present at bottom even...
  6. Gray line at bottom of screen - help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gray line at bottom of screen - help: At random times, and I cannot willingly replicate it, my laptop screen blinks and a gray line appears at the bottom of the screen. I do not know what causes this issue, and the gray line persists when running any program, even for a little bit as I'm restarting my laptop....
  7. weird spacing at bottom of task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    weird spacing at bottom of task bar: [ATTACH]So I noticed that I've suddenly gained this weird space underneath the icons on my taskbar. its really annoying and just not nice to look at. I've played around with positioning of the task bar and locking and unlocking it, but that hasn't worked. any suggestions???...
  8. Weird gray bars in upper-left corner of screen

Weird gray bars in upper-left corner of screen: So there are these weird gray-blue bars that appear in the upper-left corner of my screen. #2 is by default on top of #1, and is able to be dragged around by mouse, but when you click the screen, it returns to the corner. #1 is not able to be moved, and when it is clicked it...
  9. Bottom half of screen is blue/gray

Bottom half of screen is blue/gray: Hi all, The bottom half of my Dell XPS 13 9350, Windows 10 screen has recently gone funky--it started out as an opaque blue, and has since become more of a gray. I usually can't see the mouse behind it, but I'm still able to open the Start menu if I click in that corner....
  10. Gray/white bar on bottom ofscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gray/white bar on bottom ofscreen: A few of our clients have been calling us saying that on Windows Explorer, Edge, and Outlook, there's sometimes a gray/white bar cutting off the bottom of the page. It doesn't extend into the task bar, and only shows up in full screen. The only fix I've found is by pressing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. grey bar at bottom of screen

2. gray bar on bottom of internet explorer

3. grey bar at the bottom of internet explorer

4. gray bar at bottom of computer screen,
  5. grey bar on the bottom of internet explorer,
  6. windows 10 grey bar,
  7. how do i reduce the size of the grey bar at the bottom of my dell windows10 laptop,
  8. registry fix for grey bar on internet explorer at the bottom,
  9. grey bar showing at the bottom internet explorer window 10,
  10. getting extra gray bar at bottom of windows,
  11. grey bar bottom of internet explorer,
  12. windows 10 bar grey,
  13. Windows 10: How do I get rid of this grey bar from windows explorer?,
  14. windows 10 bottom bar is grey,
  15. how to get ride of grey bar on screen of computer