Windows 10: weird green checkmarks on short icons on the desktop

Discus and support weird green checkmarks on short icons on the desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hey all you experts, yet another strange issue I think I've found with microsoft's wonderful windows technology it seems like. here's what I've got:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdamEvanovich2, Jan 9, 2020.

1. weird green checkmarks on short icons on the desktop

hey all you experts, yet another strange issue I think I've found with microsoft's wonderful windows technology it seems like. here's what I've got:

this weirdness has now started occurring today, after a previous bout of weirdness happened to me last week, which is address in another unanswered thread of mine here: shortcut indicators arrows disappearing when copying unrelated files in windows explorer

now, per the title of this thread, I'm seeing green checkmarks on the shortcut icons on the desktop. I've never seen that before. have you guys? It doesn't bother me too much, however ever since these green checkmarks started appearing, the arrow icons that usually appear on top of the shortcut icons have once again disappeared. so the arrows have since been replaced by these checkmarks. can any of you guys shed light on this weirdness? thanks!

weird green checkmarks on short icons on the desktop 3ff6d047-ca0b-4681-b390-1a793ed29c4a?upload=true.jpg

:)

AdamEvanovich2, Jan 9, 2020

2. Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons

Since I have got my laptop, I have noticed green checkmarks on the desktop icons. These are irritating. I know this is regarding OneDrive but how to remove them?

RushilJalal, Jan 9, 2020
  3. what does a green checkmark signify on my desktop icons

Green checkmarks on my desktop icons. What is the significance?

RobertAlvarez2, Jan 9, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

weird green checkmarks on short icons on the desktop

Mysterious green checkmarks on desktop

If it was a common Windows bug, I think we'd have heard of it. Rather than blaming MS at this point, try a process of elimination if the suggestions above about 3rd party programs and your own research don't prompt an idea.

1. Does it happen in Safe Mode? If no, then
    2. Does it happen after a clean boot? If no, then (it's not MS's fault)
    3. progressively enable startups until it recurs.

Otherwise, what happens if you create a new user for test purposes- does it happen then?
    If no, then it's something configured under the other user's profile or running then that isn't when logged in as the new user.

Follow a process of elimination.

This looks very much like what you're seeing:
    windows 10 - What are these green checkmarks on my Desktop icons? - Super User

dalchina, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

weird green checkmarks on short icons on the desktop

1. weird green checkmarks on short icons on the desktop - Similar Threads - weird green checkmarks

2. Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes: it looks like this i don't have onedrive so it confuses me why it's here is this a cause for concern ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-checkmarks-on-desktop-icons-but-only-on/929f658c-38ba-4fc1-ba25-bdb8c40bf031
  3. Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes: it looks like this i don't have onedrive so it confuses me why it's here is this a cause for concern ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/green-checkmarks-on-desktop-icons-but-only-on/929f658c-38ba-4fc1-ba25-bdb8c40bf031
  4. Green Checkmarks on desktop icons but only on shortcuts and exes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. green checkmarks not visible

in Windows 10 Customization
    green checkmarks not visible: hello. why are the "green checkmarks" disappeared on the OneDrive and Windows Update Settings? Usually the green checkmarks can be seen on the upper right corner of the Settings Home screen....
  6. Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Green Checkmarks/ Ticks on desktop icons: Since I have got my laptop, I have noticed green checkmarks on the desktop icons. These are irritating. I know this is regarding OneDrive but how to remove them?...
  7. Green Checkmark on my apps icons on desktop !?

in Windows 10 Support
    Green Checkmark on my apps icons on desktop !?: I just saw that there was a green check mark on some of the application icons on my desktop! Never seen this before! And then suddenly gone! Anyone knows what this is? 13425
  8. OneDrive Green Checkmarks (icon overlays) disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Green Checkmarks (icon overlays) disappeared: I don't remember which build it changed. *Sad It was fairly recently (within the last 2 weeks or so). In any case I appreciate your help and will assume that this is the way it should be now. Thanks again for your help. Mark
  9. Green Checkmarks next to desktop icons on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Green Checkmarks next to desktop icons on Windows 10: I got a new computer running Windows 10, when I got it, it had these green checkmarks. I don't have Norton so that cant be the problem. Please help. [img] 103789
  10. Mysterious green checkmarks on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious green checkmarks on desktop: In the past week or so, I have noticed that the shortcuts (aliases) on my desktop are being festooned with tiny green checkmarks. For example, last time I started up my Windows VM, I saw: [img] Now, just passing my cursor OVER the aliases (not even clicking) made each...