Windows 10: Weird green taskbar icon briefly appears, then leaves in a hurry

Discus and support Weird green taskbar icon briefly appears, then leaves in a hurry in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been seeing this for a while now, on occasion a green icon pops up out of nowhere, stays for about a second, and vanishes again. It looks like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pre-Reform-Voice, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Weird green taskbar icon briefly appears, then leaves in a hurry

I've been seeing this for a while now, on occasion a green icon pops up out of nowhere, stays for about a second, and vanishes again.

It looks like it's made up of two shapes, a taller one on its left side and a shorter but broader one on its right. I couldn't so far make a screenshot because it never stayed long enough. I first noticed it because it sets full-screen streaming to the in-browser size, but it goes back to full-screen when the icon leaves. It has not, so far, interfered with full-screen gaming.

I suspect Nvidia or Razer, but I'd like to make sure this isn't something I should worry about and any search has, so far, been unsuccessful.

The bot says to include this: I'm running Windows 10 Home, build 19042.867 on a Predator PO9-900, i7-7800X, 64 bit. Graphics card is Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti.

submitted by /u/Pre-Reform-Voice
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pre-Reform-Voice, Mar 14, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 14, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Mar 14, 2021
  4. RK1997 Win User

Weird green taskbar icon briefly appears, then leaves in a hurry

Why is the icon not appearing on taskbar?

Did the 2 steps but still the icon in taskbar appears 50% of the time.

RK1997, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

Weird green taskbar icon briefly appears, then leaves in a hurry

1. Weird green taskbar icon briefly appears, then leaves in a hurry - Similar Threads - Weird green taskbar

2. Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing: Started up my laptop Windows icons and taskbar icons are not appearing and not its responding. Start menu won't open either.I already tried the Shift+ctrl+esc solution nothing happens. Please please help...
  3. Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing: Started up my laptop Windows icons and taskbar icons are not appearing and not its responding. Start menu won't open either.I already tried the Shift+ctrl+esc solution nothing happens. Please please help...
  4. Windows icons and taskbar icons not appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Weird window appears if I leave my cursor for a while on the Taskbar, anyone know what it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird window appears if I leave my cursor for a while on the Taskbar, anyone know what it...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Keagel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hir3io/weird_window_appears_if_i_leave_my_cursor_for_a/
  6. Wifi icons appear with weird rectangle on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi icons appear with weird rectangle on it: After updating my laptop to Windows 10 Version 2004, my wifi icon has turned to a weird icon as the snapshot below. Even this problem does not trigger any network issue, but this bug really making me uncomfortable. I just want to know, any solutions regarding to this...
  7. weird green checkmarks on short icons on the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird green checkmarks on short icons on the desktop: hey all you experts, yet another strange issue I think I've found with microsoft's wonderful windows technology it seems like. here's what I've got: this weirdness has now started occurring today, after a previous bout of weirdness happened to me last week, which is...
  8. Icons on the taskbar got weird.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on the taskbar got weird.: Since 2-3 days ago, the icons on the taskbar began to act weird. First off, the volume icon was missing. So, I researched it and found a solution. It said that open the taskbar setting window and check select which icons appear on the taskbar. There were toggle buttons and...
  9. No taskbar, no icons appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar, no icons appearing: I can't get into the settings to factory reset my computer. I use windows buttom + i. It never loads. I already tried going into powershell and copy and pasting what's normally pasted into there. It never finishes loading up the command so I just close it after. Please Help...
  10. No program icons on taskbar appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No program icons on taskbar appearing: So I just upgraded my grandma's laptop to Win 10 for her. Now, when I open any app, no taskbar icon is placed on the taskbar. I could have 5 apps open and the only thing on the taskbar are the start button, cortana search bar and the task view button. Any ideas why this is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 disapearing green taskbar icon

2. windows 10 green taskbar icon