Windows 10: Weird Grey Box on Desktop

Discus and support Weird Grey Box on Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason, sometimes when I open to my desktop, there's this weird grey box on my desktop. I don't know how to get rid of it. It doesn't really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Emboar32, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Emboar32 Win User

Weird Grey Box on Desktop

For some reason, sometimes when I open to my desktop, there's this weird grey box on my desktop. I don't know how to get rid of it. It doesn't really affect anything, but it just irritates me because it's just so random. Can anyone show me how to remove it or what it's caused by?

Screenshots:

Weird Grey Box on Desktop deda4970-4b34-4a8e-9286-3c7f20c503e2?upload=true.jpg Weird Grey Box on Desktop 3bca72fc-e754-4690-b2eb-64d1b85f6c3b?upload=true.jpg

:)

Emboar32, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Weird grey box on desktop -Win 10

Hi,

The said gray object could be a couple of things, in some cases it's a malware, however, in most cases it's a manufacturer application that runs in the background. We would just like to know some things before we proceed with the troubleshooting.

• Are there processes that you can do with the said object like clicking or right-clicking on it?
    • Are you able to dispose or close of it somehow?

First thing to try is to do a right-click on the object and see if the applications name would be displayed. If in case it doesn't come up, please open the
    Task manager by right-clicking on the taskbar at the bottom of your screen. See if there is anything in there.

You may also refer to Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] response on this thread. See if it will
    apply to you.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Jonas Flo, Dec 2, 2019
  3. How do i rid of the grey box in the top left of my desktop?

Hi,

It's odd for a random grey box to show up on your desktop after the last update occurred on your computer. It could also be a software installed on your computer that's causing for it to appear. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your
    concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• Did you start noticing the grey box after or prior the latest update?
    • What were the updates that have been installed on your computer?
    • Have you installed any software prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried to resolve your concern?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of the grey box?

In the meantime, we suggest that you create a new user profile and see if the issue persists on it. Here is the
    article on how to create a one.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Weird Grey Box on Desktop

I have a HP Volume grey box on my desktop,

Went home and tried what you suggested still have HP Audio grey and blue box on desktop, can not delete move etc.

I could not find the 3 apps you suggested.

any other suggestions?

This is so frustrating I think I might just take to the shop today.

thank you

pearlingham, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Weird Grey Box on Desktop

1. Weird Grey Box on Desktop - Similar Threads - Weird Grey Box

2. Grey box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  3. Grey box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey box: A grey box appeared in the top right corner of Windows 11. How can I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/grey-box/25f63e37-dc43-4083-b838-bf2450fcaf0f
  4. There is a weird grey box on the top left of my screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a weird grey box on the top left of my screen.: There's a weird grey box on the top left of my desktop, and I can't do anything with it. What is it, and how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-weird-grey-box-on-the-top-left-of-my/295add73-3649-4ad6-8211-62848368a9d1
  5. There is a weird grey box on the top left of my screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a weird grey box on the top left of my screen.: There's a weird grey box on the top left of my desktop, and I can't do anything with it. What is it, and how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-weird-grey-box-on-the-top-left-of-my/295add73-3649-4ad6-8211-62848368a9d1
  6. There is a weird grey box on the top left of my screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Weird boxes-

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird boxes-: As you read the titleI have some weird little boxes that appears:BlackWhiteI don't know how to really explain this one... but it's like hex colors like a glitch but it's in a box form.I WOULD Share a photo but every time I take a screenshot it doesn't show it's there...I also...
  8. Weird CMD Box on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird CMD Box on desktop: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lithiumon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mnaqwb/weird_cmd_box_on_desktop/
  9. Grey box on images

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey box on images: Hi can someone help me with microsoft photos please i have addded a folder to my collection but on some folders i just shows a grey box i am attaching a pic to show what i mean can anyone help me my windows version number is 2004 i had it working a few days ago where i would...
  10. Incredibly vague weird grey outlines on my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Incredibly vague weird grey outlines on my desktop: Sinds some time I have a kind of outlines on my screen whenever playing videogames, watching movies via mediaplayers or browser, or just plain desktop. I have an LGC7 TV connected to a receiver. W 10 x64 1809 This "line' seems to change constantly. Sometimes it is just top,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Random grey box browser

2. grey box on

3. gray box on desktop

4. windows 10 search box grey,
  5. grey box on desktop,
  6. windows 10 grey box bottom left,
  7. grey box in top left of my desktop