Windows 10: Weird Grey Box on Desktop

Discus and support Weird Grey Box on Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason, sometimes when I open to my desktop, there's this weird grey box on my desktop. I don't know how to get rid of it. It doesn't really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Emboar32, Dec 2, 2019 at 10:22 PM.

1. Emboar32 Win User

Weird Grey Box on Desktop

For some reason, sometimes when I open to my desktop, there's this weird grey box on my desktop. I don't know how to get rid of it. It doesn't really affect anything, but it just irritates me because it's just so random. Can anyone show me how to remove it or what it's caused by?

Screenshots:

Weird Grey Box on Desktop deda4970-4b34-4a8e-9286-3c7f20c503e2?upload=true.jpg Weird Grey Box on Desktop 3bca72fc-e754-4690-b2eb-64d1b85f6c3b?upload=true.jpg

:)

2. Jonas Flo Win User

Weird grey box on desktop -Win 10

Hi,

The said gray object could be a couple of things, in some cases it's a malware, however, in most cases it's a manufacturer application that runs in the background. We would just like to know some things before we proceed with the troubleshooting.

• Are there processes that you can do with the said object like clicking or right-clicking on it?
    • Are you able to dispose or close of it somehow?

First thing to try is to do a right-click on the object and see if the applications name would be displayed. If in case it doesn't come up, please open the
    Task manager by right-clicking on the taskbar at the bottom of your screen. See if there is anything in there.

You may also refer to Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP] response on this thread. See if it will
    apply to you.

We'll be waiting for your response.

3. How do i rid of the grey box in the top left of my desktop?

Hi,

It's odd for a random grey box to show up on your desktop after the last update occurred on your computer. It could also be a software installed on your computer that's causing for it to appear. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your
    concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• Did you start noticing the grey box after or prior the latest update?
    • What were the updates that have been installed on your computer?
    • Have you installed any software prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried to resolve your concern?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of the grey box?

In the meantime, we suggest that you create a new user profile and see if the issue persists on it. Here is the
    article on how to create a one.

We're looking forward to your response.

4. Weird Grey Box on Desktop

I have a HP Volume grey box on my desktop,

Went home and tried what you suggested still have HP Audio grey and blue box on desktop, can not delete move etc.

I could not find the 3 apps you suggested.

any other suggestions?

This is so frustrating I think I might just take to the shop today.

thank you

Thema:

Weird Grey Box on Desktop

1. Weird Grey Box on Desktop - Similar Threads - Weird Grey Box

2. weird file on desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    weird file on desktop.: For some reason this random empty file (no file type) with the name "..." appeared yesterday. I've done windows updates, virus scans, restarted and shut down my computer and cleaned up some space but the file will not go away. It randomly keeps moving all over my desktop,...
  3. Windows 10 search box weird location

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search box weird location: I just upgraded form an SSHD to an M.2 and reinstalled Windows. It's been updated to 1903 and all the other latest updates. But when I search something, the box comes up as normal and it searches everything just fine and dandy, it's just the location of the box. It's the...
  4. Weird issue with firefox - "stuck" boxes of text

in Browsers and Email
    Weird issue with firefox - "stuck" boxes of text: I'm not sure where this should go but I'm guessing it's a browser issue. Since last week, I've had an issue with Firefox where randomly a text box from a portion of a tab will get stuck somewhere on the screen, and that text box will then be visible on all other tabs. Even...
  5. Grey text box in windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Grey text box in windows 10: This seems to be an old problem but since two days it appears to me: Every time I do anything with text in Microsoft office I get a large rectangular box pop up, it is EXTREMELY ANNOYING. What is the purpose of this box and how can I avoid it? I use microsoft office 2019...
  6. Transparent box on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparent box on desktop: A transparent box with a think blue border keeps on appearing on my desktop screen and when i minimize a tab the screen glitches out and shows a cut out of the tab i just closed, however when I screenshot this only the border appears so I've attached a picture from my phone...
  7. Weird desktop bug

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird desktop bug: So I was doing some things and then all of the sudden my desktop and taskbar were gone! the windows i had currently open at the time were completely stable but everything else was black and empty here's a picture: [img] 63035
  8. Grey box in settings | Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey box in settings | Windows 10: I'm trying to change my account password but when I click 'change', a grey window pops up for about 20 seconds then closes. This also happens when using Cortana. Does anyone know how to resolve this? [img] 43416
  9. Weird text box

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird text box: Hi All Question for you . I have been playing this game for a bit and I keep noticing this strange text box pop up when moving around it will just randomly pop up see the screen shot. [img] Now I am unsure what is getting this box to pop up. I do have additional...
  10. Grey Boxes Since 1607 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey Boxes Since 1607 Update: Just did the 1607 update on my HP laptop with Win10 originally installed. Since the update every site I visited using Chrome browser would display grey boxes of varying sizes in different places on the site that would slow loading and eventually fill in with text or images....