Windows 10: Weird HardDrive name

Discus and support Weird HardDrive name in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Hard drive name pops up as a different name of a game that i downloaded. I tried changing the name in disk management and everything but it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DiegoRagosta, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Weird HardDrive name

My Hard drive name pops up as a different name of a game that i downloaded. I tried changing the name in disk management and everything but it still stays the same

https://gyazo.com/bade477030337d788f0a6637b60dbfa9

https://gyazo.com/d6fbcf8dbff0ca3dec5b8f475d7b671d

:)

DiegoRagosta, Aug 11, 2019
  2. infocus Win User

Best gaming harddrive Sugestion ???

Seagate states on their 750gb,32mb cache harddrive that the best application is video surveillance.(liquor stores,how very sad and completly overpriced for the amount of problems they have).Yet Passmark lists this near the top of their harddrive page.Any one have a suggestion for something that will last.(maybe samsung???)
    Also I was considering a Raidmax hybrid 2 sli 630w powersupply.Any thoughts on Raidmax??

infocus, Aug 11, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Weird HardDrive name

Is my harddrive faulty?

Please pull your CMOS battery, wait 20 seconds, install. Enter BIOS, set date and time, make sure SATA is set to AHCI

Make sure your are booting UEFI

Boot from media and redo the shift + F10 instructions above. Then install windows using custom. (Step 10 of this Tutorial)

Clean Install Windows 10

Then skip to Step 13. How big of a drive shows in the Window for step 13. Notice the note within step 13

Weird HardDrive name [​IMG]

Can you click Next?

Caledon Ken, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Weird HardDrive name

1. Weird HardDrive name - Similar Threads - Weird HardDrive name

2. Changed my harddrive now a new disk named SYSTEM not the new harddrive shows up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changed my harddrive now a new disk named SYSTEM not the new harddrive shows up: HelloToday I changed my harddrive and now all of a sudden a new disk named SYSTEM not the new harddrive shows up under my computer. It has a volum of 256MB and does not show under diskmanagment....
  3. Weird Named Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Named Files: HiI have many weird named files in my file explorer. here are locked, can't open them. They seem very risky and I am not able to delete them. Need a solution.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-named-files/1c2fed8a-6abc-45f9-9cbb-cdf7ec7a54d3
  4. Weird Named Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Named Files: HiI have many weird named files in my file explorer. here are locked, can't open them. They seem very risky and I am not able to delete them. Need a solution.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-named-files/1c2fed8a-6abc-45f9-9cbb-cdf7ec7a54d3
  5. Weird Administrator folder name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Administrator folder name: While setting a fresh install of Windows 10 on a new/blank SDD I had to do a System Recovery. Luckily the Recovery Point was pretty new, but after it finished I noticed the Administrator account was again disabled I had enabled it before. So I re-enabled the Administrator...
  6. Weird Administrator folder name

Weird Administrator folder name: While setting a fresh install of Windows 10 on a new/blank SDD I had to do a System Recovery. Luckily the Recovery Point was pretty new, but after it finished I noticed the Administrator account was again disabled I had enabled it before. So I re-enabled the Administrator...
  7. Weird Administrator folder name

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Wifi name with weird 'x' symbol

Wifi name with weird 'x' symbol: what is this weird x looking symbol on my wifi name?wifi keep getting disconnected in a while and I have to re enter password and connect to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-name-with-weird-x-symbol/e05f7c96-8866-4d6b-a36e-24719d41e5e8
  9. Weird %LocalAppData% Folder Names

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird %LocalAppData% Folder Names: Every computer that I have owned since using Windows 7 has suffered from this issue at times. Does anyone know why? Some folders (or sub-folders) in %LocalAppData% sometimes get renamed to Folder Name followed by .exe_Url then a long random string of text. Typically these...
  10. Weird folders with long names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird folders with long names: So, since I have online classes, every day I use my laptop. Now, I've noticed that there are some weird folders with long names. Those names are: 3b6cb7df377683c56a62673d, 7742a23c06995f3a8408128c99427f8e, 6200093cbffe94c485458e, 15632226b3793987f8306e9a84d5,...