Windows 10: Weird highlighting of text on start menu after upgrading to 21H1

Discus and support Weird highlighting of text on start menu after upgrading to 21H1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any idea why this is happening? Have tried rebooting. This is what it normally looks like: 180857 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobsagetfullhou, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Weird highlighting of text on start menu after upgrading to 21H1

Any idea why this is happening? Have tried rebooting. This is what it normally looks like:

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Jun 10, 2021
  2. KD750 Win User

Strange Red Highlighted Text in hover over description and menus in LR

As displayed in the image, it started this morning in Lightroom but happens anywhere in Windows when I hover over things and a description is displayed. The text in the description is highlighted in Red as it is here. Any ideas on how to fix this please?
    Weird highlighting of text on start menu after upgrading to 21H1 [​IMG]

Edit: Just went into PS and I get this purple over my rulers top and sides and this dark red on the file name bottom left.

Weird highlighting of text on start menu after upgrading to 21H1 [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

The effect didn't seem to affect any other apps in Windows, just LR/PS and hover over descriptions and the older style settings windows, not the newer 'user friendly' ones.

I did a system restore which has fixed it. Weird as I haven't added anything new or changed any settings it just started in LR this morning.

KD750, Jun 10, 2021
  3. BZaki96 Win User
    Weird Text in Taskbar options menu

I tried the command prompt method but it didn't work, weird text is still there, a PC Refresh would probably fix it but I don't wanna lose my softwares, yes I know that data isn't going to be lost cause it's a Refresh not a Reset. I remember I tried a refresh on Windows 8 and lost all my installed softwares.

BZaki96, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Weird highlighting of text on start menu after upgrading to 21H1

No more "Search" on highlighted text?

In the last few version of Windows you have been able to highlight a bit of text within the browser and right click to see the context menu and choose "Search" to search the internet with that text. In the Desktop versions of the older browsers (Windows
    7 and 8) you would see lots of possible options on that context menu, and in the Modern browser in Windows 8 you would just see "Search".

With Edge I don't see that. I have to manually Copy, then Paste the text into the address line to search.

Am I missing something? Has this feature been lost? If so, that's a big backwards step! Many times every day I need to highlight some text on my screen and search for it.

JoelSchoenberg, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Weird highlighting of text on start menu after upgrading to 21H1

1. Weird highlighting of text on start menu after upgrading to 21H1 - Similar Threads - Weird highlighting text

2. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  3. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  4. Weird highlighting of system text

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird highlighting of system text: I just noticed that a few windows text and other areas are highlighted in a fuchsia color. This started for me about a week ago and I'm not sure how to change it. As far as I can tell, this is only happening in windows system text and havent noticed it in applications or...
  5. Weird highlighting of system text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird highlighting of system text: I just noticed that a few windows text and other areas are highlighted in a fuchsia color. This started for me about a week ago and I'm not sure how to change it. As far as I can tell, this is only happening in windows system text and havent noticed it in applications or...
  6. Weird highlighting of system text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. start menu highlighted apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu highlighted apps: This is driving me crazy XO, why are some of them highlighted????[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-highlighted-apps/61e8b2e6-4f5c-4814-a9ff-4452cc87c0d1
  8. Right click text highlight menu color

Right click text highlight menu color: Hi, With the new windows update, The highlighted box color is grey as you can see in the example below when I hover over "Refresh". Is there a way to change that to blue ? I dont want to change the theme . [ATTACH] Thank you...
  9. Text/Highlight Menu Colour

Text/Highlight Menu Colour: Hi, First off can I say many thanks to the Guys here who helped me getting back into Windows 10. I am now running Windows 10 1903 and one very small change I have noticed is that when I do a right click on a menu the text highlight is a white/cream colour (Image below) which...
  10. Weird Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Start Menu: Hi Guys This is my first post so please be gentle with me. I've been a member for a while now and before making my first post i've used the search facility until i ran out of keywords to use and couldn't find anything similar to my problem. I have virtually no tiles...