Windows 10: Weird highlighting on "Type here to search" bar randomly.

Discus and support Weird highlighting on "Type here to search" bar randomly. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently have been having an issue where i sometimes see this, it fixes itself after hovering until it comes back randomly. I am running 21h1 Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Buffet_Time, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Weird highlighting on "Type here to search" bar randomly.

I recently have been having an issue where i sometimes see this, it fixes itself after hovering until it comes back randomly. I am running 21h1 Windows 10 and have ran sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth to the point of them reporting no issues. And many other things but nothing changes.

:)

Buffet_Time, Jun 14, 2021
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jun 14, 2021
  3. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Jun 14, 2021
  4. fussybob Win User

Weird highlighting on "Type here to search" bar randomly.

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Weird highlighting on "Type here to search" bar randomly.

1. Weird highlighting on "Type here to search" bar randomly. - Similar Threads - Weird highlighting Type

2. Randomly highlighted task search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Randomly highlighted task search bar: Recently, I've encountered an issue where the search bar in the taskbar will randomly highlight itself. If you move the mouse over it, it goes away pretty quickly, but it gets really annoying to constantly be moving your mouse over it in order to get it to stop lighting up....
  3. Type here to search bar imprinted on screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Type here to search bar imprinted on screen?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/spanquebank [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l55c1u/type_here_to_search_bar_imprinted_on_screen/
  4. type here to search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    type here to search: this is happening with me please help type here to search box is becoming black and not responding [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/977fa735-afae-49ac-8eed-f756aa896431
  5. Type Search Here

Type Search Here: My type search here feature in Windows 10 no longer works. What can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-search-here/3b340d25-a504-417c-8aac-6f9bcec2b5e7
  6. Type here to search

Type here to search: Is there any way of making the box "type here to search" any smaller. I would just like to see the magnifying glass icon only. Win 10 Home. 145270
  7. Type here to search Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Type here to search Bar: Since the latest Windows update the search bar has changed. I would like to know how to change this as I do not like the new feature See screen Print attached It would be appreciated if someone could kindly assist me in resolving this issue 135487
  8. "Type here to search"

in Cortana
    "Type here to search": I cannot access this tab. It isn't working. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/19a9d6fe-7e9b-4e45-a87b-b5b6934d11b9"
  9. Randomly unable to type in search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randomly unable to type in search bar: I have read many posts on how to fix this problem, but it always happens again. Why has MS not fixed this and is there any way to resolve this annoying problem? I use remote desktop often and it also affects being able to log in using RDP. Any help would be greatly...
  10. "Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana)

in Cortana
    "Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana): OKay, so here the problem, when I click on the "Type here to search" bar in the bottom left it does the loading mouse for 1 or 2 seconds and it then closes suddenly. I know it is Cortana because when I click the button start and write anything in the Search Bar it shows me...