Windows 10: Weird highlighting on "Type here to search" bar randomly.

Discus and support Weird highlighting on "Type here to search" bar randomly. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently have been having an issue where i sometimes see this, it fixes itself after hovering until it comes back randomly. I am running 21h1 Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Buffet_Time, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Weird highlighting on "Type here to search" bar randomly.

I recently have been having an issue where i sometimes see this, it fixes itself after hovering until it comes back randomly. I am running 21h1 Windows 10 and have ran sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth to the point of them reporting no issues. And many other things but nothing changes.

:)

Buffet_Time, Jun 14, 2021
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jun 14, 2021
  3. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Jun 14, 2021
  4. fussybob Win User

Weird highlighting on "Type here to search" bar randomly.

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Weird highlighting on "Type here to search" bar randomly.

1. Weird highlighting on "Type here to search" bar randomly. - Similar Threads - Weird highlighting Type

2. Search Bar Highlights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Bar Highlights: Hello!I have faced a problem that I do not have a function to enable search highlights. I only have options "hidden", "show search icon" and "show search box". But at the same time, another account on the device has this function. I have already tried to change this in the...
  3. Search Bar Highlights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Bar Highlights: Hello!I have faced a problem that I do not have a function to enable search highlights. I only have options "hidden", "show search icon" and "show search box". But at the same time, another account on the device has this function. I have already tried to change this in the...
  4. Search Bar Highlights

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Musical instruments in the “type here to search” bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Musical instruments in the “type here to search” bar: I just powered on my laptop and just noticed that on the right side of the “type here to search” bar there are some musical instruments and sometimes it appears a hill with a sun behind of it ?. If I click on the screen goes a bit darker and it seems something is loading...
  6. Musical instruments in the “type here to search” bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Musical instruments in the “type here to search” bar: I just powered on my laptop and just noticed that on the right side of the “type here to search” bar there are some musical instruments and sometimes it appears a hill with a sun behind of it ?. If I click on the screen goes a bit darker and it seems something is loading...
  7. Musical instruments in the “type here to search” bar

8. Randomly highlighted task search bar

Randomly highlighted task search bar: Recently, I've encountered an issue where the search bar in the taskbar will randomly highlight itself. If you move the mouse over it, it goes away pretty quickly, but it gets really annoying to constantly be moving your mouse over it in order to get it to stop lighting up....
  9. Type here to search bar imprinted on screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Type here to search bar imprinted on screen?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/spanquebank [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l55c1u/type_here_to_search_bar_imprinted_on_screen/
  10. Type here to search Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Type here to search Bar: Since the latest Windows update the search bar has changed. I would like to know how to change this as I do not like the new feature See screen Print attached It would be appreciated if someone could kindly assist me in resolving this issue 135487