Windows 10: Weird "iCloudDrive_" Folder In My User Directory

Discus and support Weird "iCloudDrive_" Folder In My User Directory in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There is a folder called "iCloudDrive_" in my user folder that is a copy of my D: drive. Any changes I make to my D: drives also happens in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oliver_cool103, May 22, 2019.

1. Weird "iCloudDrive_" Folder In My User Directory

There is a folder called "iCloudDrive_" in my user folder that is a copy of my D: drive. Any changes I make to my D: drives also happens in this "iCouldDrive_" folder and vise versa. I don't have iCloud of my computer (I used to) and if I did why would it be a copy of my entire D: drive. I don't know if it is taking up space or not, and I cannot get rid of it because if I delete it everything on my D: drive will too. This is annoying because again, it might be taking up space on my C: drive (that's where my user folder is) and software like NVEDIA Experience detects (for example) two games instead of one.

:)

oliver_cool103, May 22, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, May 22, 2019
  3. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, May 22, 2019
  4. Weird "iCloudDrive_" Folder In My User Directory

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.3

Change Log v1.3
    • Resolved an issue where resizing caused the "Directory Size Utility" to crash. - Thanks Drone!
    • New button Icons.
    • New high resolution icon for the Directory Size Utility.
    • New Delete folder button.
    • New right click menu item("Delete folder") for folder list.
    • New Export to Excel button.
    • Renamed "Get folder..." to "Add folder..."
    • Clicking "Directory Size Utility" name in the about window will take you to the home web page.
    Download here!

Spoiler: New Screen Shot Main Screen

Weird "iCloudDrive_" Folder In My User Directory Main.jpg

Mindweaver, May 22, 2019
Thema:

Weird "iCloudDrive_" Folder In My User Directory

1. Weird "iCloudDrive_" Folder In My User Directory - Similar Threads - Weird iCloudDrive_ Folder

2. User folder in the C: root directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User folder in the C: root directory: I have 8 folders in my User folder. Each folder contains from two to 29 items. Can I copy each of the seven smaller folders into the largest folder and then delete the seven smaller folders?...
  3. Weird users on my computer...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird users on my computer...: So i got a new PC about 3 weeks ago and when looking at some users i see this: [ATTACH] I don't know russian. I need to know who are these users and their uses. And one thing: when i got my PC it was in Russian and I Changed it into English....
  4. How would I change the name of my user folder in the users directory?

How would I change the name of my user folder in the users directory?: I'm transmasculine, but I only found that out a few years ago and I've had this computer for longer than that so the file directory for my user is my dead name and it makes me very uncomfortable to see it but I'm unable to change the name of the folder since there's no...
  5. Can't find folders in my user directory

Can't find folders in my user directory: After deleting .eclipse folder, I am stii not able to find any folder in c:/users/salou directory. does this mean that I lost my data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-folders-in-my-user-directory/93118547-c4fd-4889-8a12-364832206273
  6. Weird User Folder in Users Directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird User Folder in Users Directory: I have noticed that in my Users directory that the folder name for one of my users is "DESKTOP.7MODD72". Anyone have any experience with this happening? If so, what caused it? Windows 10 - Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 submitted by /u/e-_-v [link] [comments]...
  7. Actual location of my Library Folders/Files in my user directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Actual location of my Library Folders/Files in my user directory: There seems to be quite a few helpful web pages/tutorials on creating/using Libraries. This seems to be really great site for that. To qualify my help request - I know how to create and use Libraries. I do that a lot. So, this post is different - I need to add their...
  8. Randomly generated hidden folders in the Users directory.

Randomly generated hidden folders in the Users directory.: Hello, there are these weird user folders getting generated in the Users folder, they seem to delete themselves and regenerate every day and I have no idea what they are or for, is it for Windows Update? The names of this files are weird too like angels-wore.sql...
  9. Duplicate folders in user directory after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate folders in user directory after 1803 update: Anyone else seeing this? The duplicates are actually OneDrive folders. 109495
  10. Hard link directory junctions in User folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hard link directory junctions in User folder: So, I am looking for an easy way to redirect Documents, Downloads, Music and Pictures in the user folder to a data drive. I don't want anything permanent that is going to interfere with the Creator's update coming up. Does anyone know if there any ill affects to deleting the...