Windows 10: Weird icon in front of shortcuts

Discus and support Weird icon in front of shortcuts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Windows 2004, today when I opened my laptop, there was a weird icon in front of all shortcuts, what I need to do to solve this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NoTpR, Feb 19, 2021.

1. NoTpR Win User

Weird icon in front of shortcuts

Hello, I am using Windows 2004, today when I opened my laptop, there was a weird icon in front of all shortcuts, what I need to do to solve this?

There was a problem uploading the screenshot here so I will give the link to the screen crop

Here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pxXlpgvTVscm-jjusbnSfoYSpvE9Lx9a/view?usp=sharing

P.S: Tried restarting explorer and the laptop, and also clearing the thumbnail cache, I can go back to a restore point but going back to a restore point for a shortcut icon is kinda pointless am I right?

:)

NoTpR, Feb 19, 2021

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Weird icon in front of shortcuts

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Weird icon in front of shortcuts

1. Weird icon in front of shortcuts - Similar Threads - Weird icon front

2. Weird shortcut glitch with edge icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird shortcut glitch with edge icons: There's a strange shortcut glitch. This is the first time I got it. Basically all shortcut icons got swapped for "edge browser" icons. What should I do? How do I get rid of them?...
  3. Weird shortcut glitch with edge icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird shortcut glitch with edge icons: There's a strange shortcut glitch. This is the first time I got it. Basically all shortcut icons got swapped for "edge browser" icons. What should I do? How do I get rid of them?...
  4. Weird shortcut glitch with edge icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. in front of all shortcut icon there is a blank page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in front of all shortcut icon there is a blank page: in front of all shortcut icon there is a blank page,only in shortcuts,if the file or program is on desktop the icon is ok as you can see on the attached image...
  6. in front of all shortcut icon there is a blank page

in front of all shortcut icon there is a blank page: in front of all shortcut icon there is a blank page,only in shortcuts,if the file or program is on desktop the icon is ok as you can see on the attached image...
  7. weird icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird icon: i have a weird icon between the window defender and bluetooth and i dont know what is that icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-icon/9c3d3d8b-283d-4b31-8158-52dd77dd41c7
  8. weird icon

weird icon: i have a weird icon between the window defender and bluetooth and i dont know what is that icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-icon/9c3d3d8b-283d-4b31-8158-52dd77dd41c7
  9. Icons are weird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons are weird: I just reset my PC but now this happens. Either onedrive's icon turns into a random one: [ATTACH] The local disk often turns into a picture. And other weird effects. What can I do?...
  10. Icons not properly showing and weird keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons not properly showing and weird keyboard shortcut: Hey, So lately I've noticed that my settings icon and a few other icons when I search them up in the search bar is just a white page with a mountain on it. Also, for some reason, my alt key started opening the calculator when I hadn't even set a shortcut...