Windows 10: Weird icon in Windows 10 search bar

Discus and support Weird icon in Windows 10 search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi,I've used Windows 10 for a while now and today noticed a weird icon in the search bar - a microphone with music symbols. When I click it, it does... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AnnoyedPerson1, May 14, 2022.

1. Weird icon in Windows 10 search bar

Hi,I've used Windows 10 for a while now and today noticed a weird icon in the search bar - a microphone with music symbols. When I click it, it does nothing except seemingly try to open a window then stop. What is this and as it looks awful, how do I get rid of it?As you can see, it gives my computer the look of a child's karaoke machine. At one point when I hovered over it, it seemed to show some apps and the icon changed to something else. I've tried Google and Bing to find out what it is and why it looks like that. I have Avast antivirus which seems to be overprotective, so I doubt it's a v

:)

AnnoyedPerson1, May 14, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, May 14, 2022
  3. Weird Search Bar Bug

So basically when I opened up my windows, I was opening discord in the search bar when I was greeted with this
    Weird icon in Windows 10 search bar [​IMG]

So I searched it up and there were only 3 results and none of them worked. I tried deleting and reloading the icon cache it didn't work, I restarted, I shut down and turn on, none of them worked. Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

bruhmomento, May 14, 2022
  4. Lance1 Win User

Weird icon in Windows 10 search bar

Weird Search Bar Bug

I ran across a post that recommends Hitting "CTRL+R" when in Discord to reset and refresh the GUI. Give it a try.

Lance1, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Weird icon in Windows 10 search bar

1. Weird icon in Windows 10 search bar - Similar Threads - Weird icon search

2. Weird icon in Windows 10 search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird icon in Windows 10 search bar: Hi,I've used Windows 10 for a while now and today noticed a weird icon in the search bar - a microphone with music symbols. When I click it, it does nothing except seemingly try to open a window then stop. What is this and as it looks awful, how do I get rid of it?As you can...
  3. Weird icon in Windows 10 search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird icon in Windows 10 search bar: Hi,I've used Windows 10 for a while now and today noticed a weird icon in the search bar - a microphone with music symbols. When I click it, it does nothing except seemingly try to open a window then stop. What is this and as it looks awful, how do I get rid of it?As you can...
  4. Weird Icon in my Windows search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Icon in my Windows search bar: Has anyone ever seen that before? Everywhere I check online doesn’t have it! Everyone I’ve asked online has never seen it. I haven’t been actively downloading anything and I didn’t add that or interact with the search bar in a few days. Any clues what it could be? Is it safe?...
  5. Weird Icon in my Windows search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Icon in my Windows search bar: Has anyone ever seen that before? Everywhere I check online doesn’t have it! Everyone I’ve asked online has never seen it. I haven’t been actively downloading anything and I didn’t add that or interact with the search bar in a few days. Any clues what it could be? Is it safe?...
  6. Weird Icon in my Windows search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Weird problems with windows 10 search bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird problems with windows 10 search bar.: Every time I click on my windows search bar it will auto scroll(?) through every option leaving me unavailable to type or even use it. (https://i.imgur.com/uzQP1v6.gif ) Short gif showing the problem. I've unplugged my KB and mouse, restarted windows explorer , and it still...
  8. Weird Search Bar Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Search Bar Bug: So basically when I opened up my windows, I was opening discord in the search bar when I was greeted with this [img] [img] [img] So I searched it up and there were only 3 results and none of them worked. I tried deleting and reloading the icon cache it didn't work, I...
  9. Weird "broken" icons on search bar of windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird "broken" icons on search bar of windows 10 laptop: Does anyone have any idea what this is? It has been like this for quite some time, I have tried factory resetting the laptop mutliple times and no luck. [IMG]...
  10. Weird search bar is in the taskbar..

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird search bar is in the taskbar..: One day i was just doing computer things and this weird search bar thing came up on my task bar.. Here it is: https://postimg.cc/xk7Jx31h And also, ever since this popped up cortana stopped working as in i cant type anything in cortana... This search bar does...