Windows 10: Weird Icon Pops Up On Taskbar. Crashes Chrome

Discus and support Weird Icon Pops Up On Taskbar. Crashes Chrome in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Lately I have been experiencing a bug that causes my Chrome to crash and reopen a second later, and usually this icon pops up in my taskbar for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by phamrich, Jan 15, 2022.

1. phamrich Win User

Weird Icon Pops Up On Taskbar. Crashes Chrome

Lately I have been experiencing a bug that causes my Chrome to crash and reopen a second later, and usually this icon pops up in my taskbar for a second. Does anyone know what it is? Please help.

:)

phamrich, Jan 15, 2022

2. Double Google Chrome icon on the taskbar - Windows 10

Thanks!! Much simpler than the previous response. Good reason to read all of these suggestions first!

BarnabasPath, Jan 15, 2022
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 15, 2022
  4. smerling Win User

Performance of Pinned Chrome Icon in Taskbar

I just reinstalled Windows 10, and Chrome's behavior has changed. Previously, when I clicked on the pinned Chrome icon in the taskbar and a Chrome tab opened, the original pinned icon was the only Chrome icon on the taskbar; and if I clicked on that original icon, I returned to the last open Chrome tab. Now when I click on the pinned Chrome icon a second Chrome icon opens at the end of the taskbar; and if I click on the original pinned Chrome icon an entirely new Chrome window opens. I have posted this issue previously, and the only solution I have received is to move the new Chrome icon into one of the first 10 spots on the Taskbar so it then responds to a Win-Key + number keyboard shortcut. However, not all my pinned programs in the taskbar react like Chrome does. Some do not open a second icon on the taskbar and continue to connect to the instance of the program I have already opened. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

smerling, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Weird Icon Pops Up On Taskbar. Crashes Chrome - Similar Threads - Weird Icon Pops

2. Weird pop-up message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird pop-up message: Whenever I want to use WinZip's 'Find Duplicates' features I am getting this message:'WinZip was unable to schedule this task using the Windows task manager. Please check the user name and password you provided and ensure that the user has the correct permissions to schedule...
  3. Weird pop-up message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird pop-up message: Whenever I want to use WinZip's 'Find Duplicates' features I am getting this message:'WinZip was unable to schedule this task using the Windows task manager. Please check the user name and password you provided and ensure that the user has the correct permissions to schedule...
  4. got a weird pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    got a weird pop up: got a random pop up that "my android has successfully connected" or something and i thought something was weird since i dont have an android, i have an iphone. am i in danger or is it just a bug? can i like check who it is that has connected to my pc?...
  5. got a weird pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    got a weird pop up: got a random pop up that "my android has successfully connected" or something and i thought something was weird since i dont have an android, i have an iphone. am i in danger or is it just a bug? can i like check who it is that has connected to my pc?...
  6. Weird Icon Pops Up On Taskbar. Crashes Chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Icon Pops Up On Taskbar. Crashes Chrome: Lately I have been experiencing a bug that causes my Chrome to crash and reopen a second later, and usually this icon pops up in my taskbar for a second. Does anyone know what it is? Please help....
  7. Weird Icon Pops Up On Taskbar. Crashes Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Icon Pops Up On Taskbar. Crashes Chrome: Lately I have been experiencing a bug that causes my Chrome to crash and reopen a second later, and usually this icon pops up in my taskbar for a second. Does anyone know what it is? Please help....
  8. Weird ads popping up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird ads popping up.: Some strange ads have been popping up on my computer saying things like my anti virus is out of date. or other random things like my norton vpn isnt up to date i dont use norton. What do i do? Ive done a scan and found nothing, no new random extensions and no weird tasks that...
  9. weird icon on chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird icon on chrome: LOOKS LIKE YOUTUBE AND GMAIL HAVE A PARTNERSHIP LOGO !!!!!![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-icon-on-chrome/b9451552-32fd-492b-a1af-04e131db0f45
  10. Weird Pop-Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Pop-Up: So recently I had this Pop-Up appear when I turned my Laptop onSee image below. It wasn't an add, but more of a issue the Laptop's having? I have no Idea what it means, but I have also recently deleted a unreliable anti-add program, and I believe that this might be residue of...