Windows 10: Weird Icons in Windows 10

Discus and support Weird Icons in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I brought this up before but did not have a screenshot so the answers I got were not in regards to what I actually am trying to resolve. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeffreyBankson, Jun 10, 2021 at 6:32 PM.

1. Weird Icons in Windows 10

I brought this up before but did not have a screenshot so the answers I got were not in regards to what I actually am trying to resolve. I have a screenshot now of the issue. Somehow the Shortcut arrows have been changed to what is in the attached screenshot. I can't figure out how to get rid of this different look. Not sure they why these show up this way. I believe my girlfriend is saving them to her desktop so not sure why there would even be a Shortcut Arrow. I have never seen this before so not sure what the story is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,Jeff

:)

JeffreyBankson, Jun 10, 2021 at 6:32 PM

2. Windows Icons Weird

Well in the past few days, I was tweaking and now something weird happened. Windows made all the icons become selected blue see in the pic? It is weird, even when I don't click on them they are. Is there a way to fix this?

Weird Icons in Windows 10 Pic017.jpg

PVTCaboose1337, Jun 10, 2021 at 6:34 PM
  3. syedimty Win User
    Weird drive icons - Windows 7

MY drive icons changed to something weird after installing these program

Any drive formatter
    hsfexplorere 0.21
    HP Windows format utility for pen drive

Not sure which one caused it, but i have uninstalled all them still drive icon hasnt changed. Attached the screen shot

4. 95Viper Win User

Weird Icons in Windows 10

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

Thema:

Weird Icons in Windows 10

1. Weird Icons in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Weird Icons

2. weird photo logo appearing in place of normal icons in windows 10

in Cortana
    weird photo logo appearing in place of normal icons in windows 10: this is the condition when I typed in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-photo-logo-appearing-in-place-of-normal/7664b9d6-c515-4727-aa83-a0fc09f551f0
  3. WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search: Hi, When I use the Search box in the taskbar to find an app quickly, several apps shows the same icons instead of showing the right icon app. Usually are apps from the Microsoft Store. In my case I'm talking specifically of Slack, Spotify and Skype. Help please....
  4. Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges and weird shapes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges and weird shapes: I don't remember when this started but now my Windows 10 Settings and Universal Apps' icons and buttons have rigid edges. I have latest version of Windows installed and I also have latest drivers for my AMD Rx 480 graphics card. Also when I hover my mouse over to any thing...
  5. icons started looking weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icons started looking weird: most of my icons all of a sudden changed to this for example my snipping tool icon [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-started-looking-weird/51b3e043-695c-4050-bf4b-325731dcd76e
  6. Weird system tray icon issue!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird system tray icon issue!: Hello I use my Samsung UHD TV as a monitor and have noticed that, if I put my TV into standby but leave windows 10 running in the background, when I turn my tv back on the icons in the system tray area not desktop or taskbar become corrupted. They appear as little blank...
  7. Icons are weirdly spaced out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons are weirdly spaced out: After I tried to leave a fullscreen tab, it started to slow down and all my desktop icons became spaced, causingand now most of them are shoved together in a corner. How do I change this? submitted by /u/Findnot [link] [comments]...
  8. Weird issue with icons

Weird issue with icons: All of the folders on my desktop are normal, but the icons are not - they appear like nothing is in them, as for settings, when i launch the settings app the icon is just nothing, just a white bar under nothing signaling that the app is open. Any way to fix this? submitted...
  9. Weird green taskbar icon briefly appears, then leaves in a hurry

Weird green taskbar icon briefly appears, then leaves in a hurry: I've been seeing this for a while now, on occasion a green icon pops up out of nowhere, stays for about a second, and vanishes again. It looks like it's made up of two shapes, a taller one on its left side and a shorter but broader one on its right. I couldn't so far make a...
  10. Weird mic icon that I cannot click on , does anybody know what this is for??

Weird mic icon that I cannot click on , does anybody know what this is for??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Drivesitstraight [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lxcfwq/weird_mic_icon_that_i_cannot_click_on_does/