Windows 10: Weird Icons in Windows 10

Discus and support Weird Icons in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I brought this up before but did not have a screenshot so the answers I got were not in regards to what I actually am trying to resolve. I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JeffreyBankson, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Weird Icons in Windows 10

I brought this up before but did not have a screenshot so the answers I got were not in regards to what I actually am trying to resolve. I have a screenshot now of the issue. Somehow the Shortcut arrows have been changed to what is in the attached screenshot. I can't figure out how to get rid of this different look. Not sure they why these show up this way. I believe my girlfriend is saving them to her desktop so not sure why there would even be a Shortcut Arrow. I have never seen this before so not sure what the story is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,Jeff

:)

JeffreyBankson, Jun 10, 2021

2. Windows Icons Weird

Well in the past few days, I was tweaking and now something weird happened. Windows made all the icons become selected blue see in the pic? It is weird, even when I don't click on them they are. Is there a way to fix this?

Weird Icons in Windows 10 Pic017.jpg

PVTCaboose1337, Jun 10, 2021
  3. syedimty Win User
    Weird drive icons - Windows 7

MY drive icons changed to something weird after installing these program

Any drive formatter
    hsfexplorere 0.21
    HP Windows format utility for pen drive

Not sure which one caused it, but i have uninstalled all them still drive icon hasnt changed. Attached the screen shot

syedimty, Jun 10, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Weird Icons in Windows 10

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Weird Icons in Windows 10

1. Weird Icons in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Weird Icons

2. Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons: Hi, I just bought a new Asus Zenbook Laptop and the start menu are displaying i assume are shortcuts or command lines to different apps like : ms-resource:appname ms-resource:LensSDK/Resources/ApptitleetcThere are about 15 of them. Also some icons are just blank, i tried...
  3. Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brang new laptop have weird start up icons and some have blank icons: Hi, I just bought a new Asus Zenbook Laptop and the start menu are displaying i assume are shortcuts or command lines to different apps like : ms-resource:appname ms-resource:LensSDK/Resources/ApptitleetcThere are about 15 of them. Also some icons are just blank, i tried...
  4. Hi, weird icon at the tray as it gets populated over time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, weird icon at the tray as it gets populated over time.: Hi, there's been a mysterious two way arrows in a circle where it looks like a network connection/network traffic icon appears on the system tray win 10 and the number of it increases as long as the pc is on, does anyone know what the icon means, also it disappears once I...
  5. Hi, weird icon at the tray as it gets populated over time.

Hi, weird icon at the tray as it gets populated over time.: Hi, there's been a mysterious two two way arrows in a circle where it looks like a network connection/network traffic icon appears on the system tray win 10 and the number of it increases as long as the pc is on, does anyone know what the icon means, also it disappears once I...
  6. Hi, weird icon at the tray as it gets populated over time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hi, weird icon at the tray as it gets populated over time.: Hi, there's been a mysterious icon appears on the system tray win 10 and the number of it increases as long as the pc is on, does anyone know what the icon means, also it disappears once I hover the mouse pointer on it, couldn't find any anomalies on task manager as well, any...
  7. W10 desktop doing weird things to icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 desktop doing weird things to icons: My old W10 tower locked up again. It's been doing that recently, a hint I need a new computer.When I powered it off and turned it back on, it moved the desktop icons from the left side of my center, primary, monitor, to the right side of the left monitor. I tried the old...
  8. W10 desktop doing weird things to icons

W10 desktop doing weird things to icons: My old W10 tower locked up again. It's been doing that recently, a hint I need a new computer.When I powered it off and turned it back on, it moved the desktop icons from the left side of my center, primary, monitor, to the right side of the left monitor. I tried the old...
  9. W10 desktop doing weird things to icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Weird things happening to desktop icons all of a sudden

Weird things happening to desktop icons all of a sudden: Randomly today a few minutes ago I noticed a green check mark on all my icons then it changed to a little square with 2 guys wearing a blue and green shirt and that usually indicates shared files but I haven’t shared anything....