Windows 10: Weird internet throttling behavior while gaming

Discus and support Weird internet throttling behavior while gaming in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, This is not an assistance request as I figured out how to fix my issue, but more like a question about how networking is managed while in game on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Freebios, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Freebios Win User

Weird internet throttling behavior while gaming

Hi,

This is not an assistance request as I figured out how to fix my issue, but more like a question about how networking is managed while in game on Windows 10.

I currently lives in a country where you need to refill your ISP every month to get your internet access, my account was empty and my internet got throttled at 8mbps up and down. Once I figured it out I refilled my account and my internet got back to 100mbps up and down, but something weird happened.

I was able to reach thoses speed with speedtests without running app, but once I started any game (CoD, cs:go, minecraft) my internet got throttled by windows 10 globally, and my speedtests went back to 8mbps up and down. Then when I quit the game everything went back to normal.

So I rebooted my computer and then everything was fine again.

So my question is, what's causing throttling matching previous ISP throttling in game on Windows 10.

Maybe it's an unintended behavior of some features for a more stable gaming experience, but on my side it went more like nightmare, getting packet loss, 1000+ ping and so on.

Thanks

:)

Freebios, Nov 13, 2019
  2. teh0wner Win User

Weird behavior while charging

Supplied charger when charging on normal wall socket.. Weird behavior :S

teh0wner, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Krahazik Win User
    Joystick and Throttle nolonger detectabl by most games

I have a Saitek X-55 Rhino HOTAS Joystick and Throttle which used to work on my system. Now however, the vast majority of my games do not detect either device at all when they are plugged in. I have the correct and updated drivers for the joysticks.

Under windows, ALL trouble shooting steps result in no problems. According to windows both the joystick and throttle are functioning correctly, windows can see both, I can bring up their settings, properties, and verify the functionality of all button and
    axes of control.

However, most of my games can no-longer see the controllers, it is as if they do not exist at all. Games, that used to be able to see both. If it was just a single game, I would suspect a bug in the specific game, but since its multiple unrelated games,
    from multiple developers all with the exact same issue. It has to be something else.

There have been several updates to windows between the time when the games could detect the joystick and throttle, and when I noticed they were nolonger being detected by the majority of my games.

Running Windows 10 Pro, 64bit, Version 1709 Build 16299.547

AMD FX 8350 Eight-Core Processor, 16gb RAM

Krahazik, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Weird internet throttling behavior while gaming

Weird behavior in sleep mode in windows 10

Hi

I am using Windows 10 I face weird behavior when using the sleep mode here are the steps:

1. Connect PC to wireless network from mobile phone (iPhone).

2. Go to sleep mode from windows.

3. Turn off the hot spot from mobile.

Result: the PC started right away (wake up from sleep mode).

Expected result: PC should remain in sleep mode.

nizar salameh, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Weird internet throttling behavior while gaming

1. Weird internet throttling behavior while gaming - Similar Threads - Weird internet throttling

2. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  3. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  4. Weird PowerShell behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird PowerShell behavior: So, every once in a while I see powershell flashing on the screen. It just opens real quick and closes right after. It's so fast I can't even react to it. Now that I was playing a game I was thrown to desktop game went paused and I guess the powershell soft-crashed since it...
  5. Weird PowerShell behavior

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird PowerShell behavior: So, every once in a while I see powershell flashing on the screen. It just opens real quick and closes right after. It's so fast I can't even react to it. Now that I was playing a game I was thrown to desktop game went paused and I guess the powershell soft-crashed since it...
  6. Weird Internet Connectivity Behavior with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Internet Connectivity Behavior with Windows 10: My wife's PC, a Dell Inspiron 3880 running Windows 10 Pro, started having problems connecting to websites. Running the troubleshooter in the Edge Browser showed that there was a problem with the gateway and that it needed to be reset to connect to MSN.com. I have two other...
  7. Weird Internet Connectivity Behavior with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Internet Connectivity Behavior with Windows 10: My wife's PC, a Dell Inspiron 3880 running Windows 10 Pro, started having problems connecting to websites. Running the troubleshooter in the Edge Browser showed that there was a problem with the gateway and that it needed to be reset to connect to MSN.com. I have two other...
  8. Weird Internet Connectivity Behavior with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Weird - Internet Speed Throttling Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird - Internet Speed Throttling Issue: All, I've noticed that I get really different speeds when speed testing through Cox's speedtest.net and through any other speed test (Fast.com, speedofme, etc.). Now, this would be just a weird anomaly, but I think it is affecting my wife's zoom webinars. For the past couple...
  10. Weird screen behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird screen behavior: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cxcris [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvnrx2/weird_screen_behavior/