Windows 10: Weird issue on new Surface Pro 7

Discus and support Weird issue on new Surface Pro 7 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I use the same apps and settings on this, my old Dell laptop and my home-built desktop PC. File explorer can not show preview tiles for many image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/plus1111, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Weird issue on new Surface Pro 7

I use the same apps and settings on this, my old Dell laptop and my home-built desktop PC. File explorer can not show preview tiles for many image types on the Surface. It shows the image viewer icon only. The same images preview just fine on the other machines. It seems WEBP and WEBM and PNG files are the ones to error. I've played with default apps and even reset all to windows defaults, no change.

Any ideas as to why?

submitted by /u/plus1111
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/plus1111, Dec 31, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Pro transfer to new Surface 7 Pro

I just purchased a Surface 7 Pro to upgrade from my Surface 3 with Windows 10 Pro. The Surface 7 Pro has the Windows 10 Home version that I would like to upgrade with Windows 10 Pro but don't know where to find my Product Key. I don't recall purchasing
    and I believe that my last Microsoft Windows update resulted in the Pro version being installed. Can anyone help with step-by-step instructions on where to find the product key so that I can copy and install in my Surface 7 Pro.

MorrisGarcia, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Weird issue on new Surface Pro 7

New Surface Pro 7 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - October 21

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Brink, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Weird issue on new Surface Pro 7

1. Weird issue on new Surface Pro 7 - Similar Threads - Weird issue Surface

2. Surface Pro 7 Reset issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 7 Reset issue: I bought a Surface Pro 7 on eBay. I go to set it up. I do the time zone and enter in my network password. it does its' thing...It reboots and continues, then a "Welcome to CTI Biopharma Corp!" screen appears asking for my CTI email....So now I want to factory reset so there's...
  3. Surface Pro 7 Reset issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 7 Reset issue: I bought a Surface Pro 7 on eBay. I go to set it up. I do the time zone and enter in my network password. it does its' thing...It reboots and continues, then a "Welcome to CTI Biopharma Corp!" screen appears asking for my CTI email....So now I want to factory reset so there's...
  4. Surface Pro 7 Reset issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues: Hi all,I have had issue after issue with the microsoft surface pro 7 since my purchase. Blue screen errors, constant crashes, track-pad not tracking correctly, and most frustrating... windows won't update to 21h2. I have tried the troubleshooter, tried updating drivers...
  6. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface Pro 7 issues: Hi all,I have had issue after issue with the microsoft surface pro 7 since my purchase. Blue screen errors, constant crashes, track-pad not tracking correctly, and most frustrating... windows won't update to 21h2. I have tried the troubleshooter, tried updating drivers...
  7. New Surface Pro 7+ for Business

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 7+ for Business: Surface Pro 7+ for Business, the latest generation of the class defining Surface 2-in-1 delivers next level performance and versatility to commercial enterprises and educational institutions. [ATTACH] Key differences with Surface Pro 7+ for Business: Removable SSD with...
  8. surface pro 7 hotspot issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    surface pro 7 hotspot issues: So this is my problem, I am trying to use my surface pro 7 as a "wifi repeater" with the built in hotspot option, but the devices connected to the hotspot are not getting an internet connection specifically the Iphone SE 2020 , how can I fix this ? Additional info; other...
  9. new surface pro 7 startup is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    new surface pro 7 startup is not working: brand new surface pro says "something went wrong" when trying to start up and select English https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-surface-pro-7-startup-is-not-working/7186f354-facf-4529-882e-c5024af02b4d
  10. New Surface Pro 7

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New Surface Pro 7: Hi, I have always been a fan of Microsoft until my surface pro 3 - loved it in the beginning however it always had a bit of a bug now and then with the screen. This eventually got worse and worse by the time i found out what the bug was in the touch screen the surface was out...