Windows 10: Weird Issue With Aero Peek Feature Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Weird Issue With Aero Peek Feature Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 on a custom-pc & have noticed this issue a few days ago but have not had it before. These are specs for my pc setup in case... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kyle Jennings, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Weird Issue With Aero Peek Feature Windows 10 Pro

Running Windows 10 Pro 20H2 on a custom-pc & have noticed this issue a few days ago but have not had it before. These are specs for my pc setup in case anyone is interested or needs to know: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/v96g6R

Here's what going on with the Aero Peek feature on my pc: it will work fine to view the desktop itself, but trying to use it to view videos playing in the background on other browsers only yields a white screen where the video should beinstead of the videos playing. I have noticed this issue whenever I have 1 browser playing a video in the background while I use my other browsers for other tasks. After some troubleshooting on my own, I know that my browsers are fine & NOT the issue at hand. Drivers are all installed with no issues, Windows is fully updated & the system is clean Even after checking via the SFC /Scannow command in Command Prompt, it says there are no corrupted files on my system & there are no missing ones either. BTW, the browsers I use on my pc are Yandex, Google Chrome, Opera GX, Brave & Edge Chromium.

A couple weeks ago, I didn't have this issue, but I was having some issues with my ISP's internet speeds. At the time, I ran a scan with Panda Cloud Cleaner thinking something slipped onto my system, I just wanted to be sure. but nothing did. It did find a few items it seemed to think were malicious or unknown. That's when I made the mistake of removing those items before checking to see what they were. The next time I tried to log in, it wouldn't even get me past the login screen, so I chose to do a fresh, clean install of Windows 10 just a few days ago, the process went smoothly, but the same issue is STILL there. I tried some troubleshooting with a Microsoft technician, but he couldn't localize the issue. He did however suggest just doing an "in-place upgrade" to see if that would help any. It did at first, but a few reboots later troubleshooting-related, the issue just came back. As mentioned earlier, I have tried a little bit of light troubleshooting on my part, even though I still don't yet know Windows 10 like the back of my hand yet.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions or needs more details about the problem, ask away & I'll be sure to fill you in! :

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

:)

Kyle Jennings, Dec 24, 2020
  2. BurtShah Win User

Aero Peek is not Working

I cannot see the Aero Peek. In my Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, under Preview desktop with Aero Peek, the box next to Use Aero Peek to preview the desktop is checked but is grayed out. Please help.

BurtShah, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Taskbar Aero-Peek doesn't work with more than one window

Hi Alex,

Double check if Aero Peek is enabled:

• Click Start Menu
    • In the search box, type in performance
    • Select Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
    • Under the Visual Effects Tab, make sure the following are checked:
    • Enable Aero Peek
    • Enable desktop composition
    • Use visual styles on windows and buttons
    5. Click OK.

If that didn't work, run the Aero Troubleshooter.

• Click Start Menu
    • Type in troubleshooting
    • Press Enter
    • Select Display Aero desktop effects
    • Click Next.
    Let the troubleshooter finish the process and it will restart the Aero Peek feature.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Joanna 777, Dec 24, 2020
  4. EemiTan Win User

Weird Issue With Aero Peek Feature Windows 10 Pro

Windows "aero-peek" reqularly only presents blank program icon

Hi!

1. This happens with UWP programs and with "normal" ones. For example this happens with Spotify downloaded from Windows store and with Office products like Word and Excel which are not UWP programs.

2. This issue has been present for several months now.

3. Yes I have F-secure Safe installed and running

Aero peek is already enabled from visual settings, as mentioned on my first post, aero peek does work but regularly it just stops working.

I have already the latest display drivers installed. Also as I have been facing this issue for months now, I have updated my display drivers several times during this with no effect.

You can barely see it in the picture, but below the "blank" program icon you can see spotify controls that are part of the Spotify aero peek. So the aero peek is there but the blank program icon prints on top of it.

EemiTan, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Weird Issue With Aero Peek Feature Windows 10 Pro

1. Weird Issue With Aero Peek Feature Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Weird Issue Aero

2. How to completely disable Aero Peek in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely disable Aero Peek in Windows 11: I tried both disabling the setting via the Taskbar settings last optionand setting "DisablePreviewDesktop" to 1Both don't stop Windows 11 from minimizing all the windows opened when Right click dragging to the lower right corner, is there any Regestry entry that can disable...
  3. How to completely disable Aero Peek in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to completely disable Aero Peek in Windows 11: I tried both disabling the setting via the Taskbar settings last optionand setting "DisablePreviewDesktop" to 1Both don't stop Windows 11 from minimizing all the windows opened when Right click dragging to the lower right corner, is there any Regestry entry that can disable...
  4. Aero Peek "Sticking"

in Windows 10 Support
    Aero Peek "Sticking": Hi Peeps, got a bit of a strange one. When I hover over task bar items my aero peek pops out just as it should. Problem is that it does not always go back. It will just sit there and I have to click on it (or pop out another peek and click that) to get it to go away. I have...
  5. Does Windows 10 have a Aero peek feature?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does Windows 10 have a Aero peek feature?: Computer keeps blinking off the page I am looking at and goes to previous page or I go into a website and it will blink and go back to previous screen, its maddening when you are typing and all of a sudden everything you've typed is lost and you have to start over. Now this...
  6. Win10 aero peek graphic issue (2nd)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 aero peek graphic issue (2nd): Tested with Win 10 1903. Same issues as my old post which was closed for unknown reasons. 1709 was the last version without this bug. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-aero-peek-graphic-issue-2nd/c86c4b5a-e4f5-4250-8cfb-aaa82fdfc9f2
  7. I can't turn off Aero Peek.

I can't turn off Aero Peek.: Since our Windows Update, Peak had enabled itself and I can't turn it off by either of the methods. I had read that there is an Aero Peek troubleshooter, but it's unclear to me where it is....
  8. Win10 Aero Peek graphic issue

Win10 Aero Peek graphic issue: Since I updated to the latest Windows 10 version (1803) I have issues with aero peek. It has some sort of graphic errors. See the screenshots that illustrates the issue. Games and other applications are working fine without any graphical issues. Drivers are up to date....
  9. How to completely turn off Aero Peek

How to completely turn off Aero Peek: I have done everything I can to turn off Aero Peek. I'm referring to the thumbnail previews you see when you mouse over an open item on your bottom taskbar. For example, if I have Word open but am looking at my desktop, if I mouse over the "Microsoft Word" icon in the taskbar...
  10. Aero peek not working and multiple thumbnails not showing up

in Windows 10 Support
    Aero peek not working and multiple thumbnails not showing up: I think this happened after I've set visual effects to "adjust for best performance" and set it back to custom and enabled all settings later on. Here are screenshots of settings i currently have set: [img] [img] Desktop peek is working fine, but when I hover over...