Windows 10: Weird issue with Alt-Gr

Discus and support Weird issue with Alt-Gr in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! My Alt-Gr is selectively stuck on for certain keys. I basically can't use my 2 key that is above w, though my numpad key still works. If I hit 2, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lucy Barnes, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Weird issue with Alt-Gr

Hi! My Alt-Gr is selectively stuck on for certain keys. I basically can't use my 2 key that is above w, though my numpad key still works. If I hit 2, i get @@ yes, two with one tap. It also affects the buttons I press afterwards, on their own the other number keys work fine, but pressing them all in fairly rapid succession makes: 1£@$€67[@]I'm using Windows 11 on a custom built desktop and a ASUS ROG Strix Scope Deluxe MX Silent Red keyboard.Thanks!

:)

Lucy Barnes, Jun 27, 2022
  2. cellyme Win User

ALT + GR not working as intended

Cannot type the "{" and "[" character. Which is typed by Holding down "ALT GR + 7" and "ALT GR + 8" Key.

However typing "7" and "8" individually is no problem.

Also typing "@" which is achieved by holding ALT GR + Q works just fine aswell. Meaning every single key works individually.

Funnily enough typing with the on Screen Keyboard works aswell for every other combination except for "ALT GR + 7" and "ALT GR + 8"

cellyme, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Finesto Win User
    ALT GR + @ not working

Hello

Idk if it matters but my keyboard layout is AZERTY BE.

Okay so i'm in a weird situation, i use @ alot and it suddenly stopped working. Actually two alt gr keys stopped working.

Top numbers (not F keys) work all fine, even the numbers (1 and 2) (<- which are the keys i'm talking about for ALTGR) aswell as (& and é) (<- the capslock feature of those two keys which work)

But when i want to use (Straight line up and AT), they will not work. So the keys itself works, but the ALT GR macro on them do not.

This doesnt work on my laptop, aswell as my extra keyboard. I do not know how to resolve this so i'm hoping any of you do.

Finesto, Jun 27, 2022
  4. Finesto Win User

Weird issue with Alt-Gr

ALT GR + @ not working

Hey

so i did everything on that list:

Answering everything on that list:

- Do not have remote dekstop

- Did not have hyper V to disable

- Did not have Synaptics to disable

- Language was put correctly

- I restarted CTFMON.EXE

- No updates required

- And tried the alternative keys (Since i have a Lenovo laptop & this would be happening more often)

Basically i've went through them all & nothing worked.

One note to add that my alt gr AT key does work everytime i restart my laptop, it works for like 3 seconds & then it stops working. No clue on why

Finesto, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

Weird issue with Alt-Gr

1. Weird issue with Alt-Gr - Similar Threads - Weird issue Alt

2. Alt and Alt Gr not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt and Alt Gr not working: Hello everyone,A few weeks ago my laptop started showing a problem, both the alt key and alt gr key were not working.I tried an external keyboard and the keys didn't work either.After searching through forums i found a tip saying "press Alt 5 times and it should go back to...
  3. Alt and Alt Gr not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt and Alt Gr not working: Hello everyone,A few weeks ago my laptop started showing a problem, both the alt key and alt gr key were not working.I tried an external keyboard and the keys didn't work either.After searching through forums i found a tip saying "press Alt 5 times and it should go back to...
  4. Weird issue with Alt-Gr

Weird issue with Alt-Gr: Hi! My Alt-Gr is selectively stuck on for certain keys. I basically can't use my 2 key that is above w, though my numpad key still works. If I hit 2, i get @@ yes, two with one tap. It also affects the buttons I press afterwards, on their own the other number keys work fine,...
  5. ALT GR not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT GR not working properly: Hi everyone,I have been using a rapoo keyboard Bluetooth connection for 1.5 years. In order to write square brackets or @ I have to use alt gr + 2 or alt gr and some other combination for special characters. For 3 days, I can no longer do that as these combinations now...
  6. ALT GR not working properly

ALT GR not working properly: Hi everyone,I have been using a rapoo keyboard Bluetooth connection for 1.5 years. In order to write square brackets or @ I have to use alt gr + 2 or alt gr and some other combination for special characters. For 3 days, I can no longer do that as these combinations now...
  7. ALT GR not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How to change Alt Gr symbols?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Alt Gr symbols?: I'm not sure if this falls under help or feature because I need help with a feature, but hey ho. I'm desperate. If this is not right for this sub, I'd appreciate being signposted to the right place. I'm based in the UK, Wales specifically, and my job includes using the Welsh...
  9. Alt gr no longer works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alt gr no longer works: I've googled this and found some supposed fixes, like opening Remote Desktop Connection and doing some different key combinations, amongst other things but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? submitted by /u/boybandz [link] [comments]...
  10. Weird alt tab issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird alt tab issue?: I run a 4k monitor and then two side 1440p monitors. So i have my games set to borderless windowed mode so i can easily switch to the other monitors in the middle of gaming. Before i did this clean install of anniversary update if i had a game open and hit alt tab the taskbar...