Windows 10: Weird issue with my volume

Discus and support Weird issue with my volume in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have this weird volume issue with my laptop and I'm having trouble trying to find answers with google. I have an Asus windows 10 laptop and I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lukekuluke, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Weird issue with my volume

So I have this weird volume issue with my laptop and I'm having trouble trying to find answers with google. I have an Asus windows 10 laptop and I've noticed if I pause a video or song, the volume will be much more quite after I un-pause. However my volume bar remains the same as before. The only thing that brings it back to normal is plugging or unplugging the charger. I've disable sound enhancements, tried updating the driver, and it keeps happening. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/lukekuluke
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lukekuluke, Feb 14, 2021

2. Weird issue with sounds

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be quite annoying when you have to change audio settings frequently. The volume of the audio might reduce automatically, if Loudness Equalization is enabled in audio enhancements.

1. Is the issue specific to YouTube application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1:
    Disable the Loudness Equalization from audio enhancements settings.

1. Right-click on the volume icon on the taskbar.
    2. Select Sounds option from the list.
    3. Click on the Playback tab.
    4. Now right-click on the Speakers and select
      Properties from the list.
    5. Click on the Enhancements tab.
    6. Uncheck Loudness Equalization option.

Also, change the option under communication tab from sound settings. Follow steps mentioned below:

1. Right-click on the volume icon on the taskbar.
    2. Select ‘Sounds’ option from the list.
    3. Now click on the ‘Communications’ tab.
    4. Select ‘Do nothing’ options from the list.

Method 2: If you still face the issue, we can try running the
    Audio Troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Tap on ‘Windows + I’ on the keyboard.
    2. Click on ‘Update & Security’ option.
    3. Select ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
    4. Now click on the ‘Playing Audio’ from the list and ‘Run the troubleshooter’.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Weird issue with my volume

Weird ringtone volume problem - volume changes randomly during ringing

I have a strange problem with the volume of my ringtones. When the phone rings, or a text or email comes through, the ringtone always starts off at the correct volume but then the volume seems to oscillate wildly. Sometimes the volume just turns down very
    low, other times it bounces from high to low.

Is this some kind of weird phone setting, or should I return my handset? The device is a HTV Trophy 7, in case it's relevant.

iamaelephant, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Weird issue with my volume

1. Weird issue with my volume - Similar Threads - Weird issue volume

2. WEIRD ISSUE....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WEIRD ISSUE....: Hey thereso I got a really strange issue.my firefox browser is having weird lines on each corner except the top bar.and anyone tell me how to fix it?coz i tried uninstalling it and re-installing it again but nothing seems to work.I have other browsers installed but they don't...
  3. WEIRD ISSUE....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WEIRD ISSUE....: Hey thereso I got a really strange issue.my firefox browser is having weird lines on each corner except the top bar.and anyone tell me how to fix it?coz i tried uninstalling it and re-installing it again but nothing seems to work.I have other browsers installed but they don't...
  4. volume buttons behaving weirdly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume buttons behaving weirdly: When I press the volume up or down or mute button it opens a blue screen and does not change the volume also the volume icon is not showing up on pressing the keys....
  5. volume buttons behaving weirdly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume buttons behaving weirdly: When I press the volume up or down or mute button it opens a blue screen and does not change the volume also the volume icon is not showing up on pressing the keys....
  6. Weird issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird issues: Earlier today, my computerlaptop froze and the screen became full of large flashing red dots. After restarting, my screen started flashing between what was supposed to be on my screen and what was on my screen before the freeze. However, over time, it went away. This has...
  7. volume mixer is weird...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume mixer is weird...: Every time I speak, the volume mixer puts all software at 0, and when I stop talking, it returns all the software back to what they were before... how can I fix that?...
  8. Weird issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Weird issue: Hi when i go to lock screen the screen goes to messed up colour's and cannot see anything but i goes away if i press windows key plus P to second second screen then i go back to pc screen only and it is correctly showing my pc any know issues :) 147951
  9. Weirdness with the Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weirdness with the Volume Mixer: So for the last two-plus years I've had this strange thing where the volumes in the volume mixer get scrambled. Systems sounds are always muted, volume on my browser is turned way down to 10% other applications seem to get volume at an arbitrary percentage for just no...
  10. Weird Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Issue: Hi guys. Bit of a strange issue. Sometimes when i use a particular burning program (ConvertXTOdvd), and following closing of the program for some reason whenever i begin browsing and Firefox opens, it won't show its open on the Taskbar but will be open in the screen if that...