Windows 10: Weird issue with open files explorer in programs and options missing from right click menu

Discus and support Weird issue with open files explorer in programs and options missing from right click menu in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Not sure if it has something to do with the update this week but for some reason, I am unable to access my folders via programs such as paint, upload... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DefiantVeil, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Weird issue with open files explorer in programs and options missing from right click menu

Not sure if it has something to do with the update this week but for some reason, I am unable to access my folders via programs such as paint, upload videos or pictures via facebook, youtube, discord, or even this site. There is also the problem with blank options or no options such as the delete option when right-clicking on the desktop and folders.

For the file access problem best I can describe it is being blocked or instantly closed in the program when I try to access the file explorer via the program. I can open file explorer fine anywhere other than in programs.

As for the right-clicking. I can't right-click on the desktop at all, on shortcuts the 'open folder' is invisible and the delete and properties options are completely gone. On files themselves, the 'open in program' is invisible and delete and properties are completely gone.

Needless to say, I am really confused and haven't been able to find a solution.

:)

DefiantVeil, Jun 12, 2020
  2. NUS
    Nus Win User

'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

Is this a weird joke/troll?

That feature has been in Explorer since at least Windows 7...

3. 'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:

The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening destination folders without accessing the start menu a second time.

right-click menu option for File Explorer – Feature Suggestions for Windows

Delicieuxz, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Weird issue with open files explorer in programs and options missing from right click menu

Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs"

RE: WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 32bit, Files missing from "Start Menu" "All Programs" list.

I have several "start menu" programs missing in my "all programs" list. One of the missing entries is the "accessories" folder and all related files.

As far as I can tell all of the missing files are on the system and they can be found by using the "start menu search" facility. This problem is occurring with other users but I can not find a solution which works to get things back the way they were after installing the OS.

I am seeing the missing apps and other items at this location in iexplore.exe %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs .

Everything I have tried to get these items back into my "start menu" "all programs" list has been met with failure except creating a shortcut. A shortcut is not the real fix as it leaves two entries in the folder.

When I right click on the highlighted "all Programs" box, in the start menu, a small options list pops up, if "open all users" is selected a new window pops up. Inside that window I can click on the programs folder where I can see the missing entries that should appear on my "all programs" list plus those which I presently see on my "all programs" list together in a single directory listing.

How can I get the above directory list of programs back into the "start menu" "all programs" area so I do not have to go through this extra window and select the programs folder to locate what I wish to run?

I also noticed my accessories folder has a lock on it while I am in the primary user administrator account. If you know how to get rid of the lock it would be helpful however I can find that information when I get a chance to look up the answer?

I noticed some hidden (first tier) folders on the C: drive which I made visible while leaving protection on the OS folders. I can now see these folders in an iexplore.exe directory listing. This did not fix the problem in the "all programs" file selection list and I do not remember if this folder was hidden when the OS was installed.

When I opened up the system to allow a login directly into the Administrator account everything shows up the same as it did when the OS installed along with all other programs installed afterward.

After some progress I am still here *Bang Head :banghead: and slowly getting closer to an answer. Can anyone help me get there a little faster?

N9ZN-Extra, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Weird issue with open files explorer in programs and options missing from right click menu

1. Weird issue with open files explorer in programs and options missing from right click menu - Similar Threads - Weird issue open

2. Missing right click menu, or "open with..." option when want to open files from local network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing right click menu, or "open with..." option when want to open files from local network: Hi,Our WiFi router have an USB port where we can put external hard drive to it, and can share the files in the Network VIA FTP, so everyone at our family has access to the files in the same external hard drive at the same time.The problem is when we want to open video files,...
  3. Missing right click menu, or "open with..." option when want to open files from local network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing right click menu, or "open with..." option when want to open files from local network: Hi,Our WiFi router have an USB port where we can put external hard drive to it, and can share the files in the Network VIA FTP, so everyone at our family has access to the files in the same external hard drive at the same time.The problem is when we want to open video files,...
  4. Missing right click menu, or "open with..." option when want to open files from local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  6. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  7. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing: Somehow, my entire "New" submenu is missing in File Explorer. I tried adding the registry entry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers. as shown below, but it didn't help.Under ContextMenuHandlers check if you can find a key by name New, if...
  9. No text in File Explorer & other programs, or in right-click menu issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No text in File Explorer & other programs, or in right-click menu issue: Daily i am faced to No text in File Explorer & other programs, or in right-click menu issue , once restart then its working fine. But restart is not a permanent solution. So we need to permanent solution. find the Attached my snap....
  10. 'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer: I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice: The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening...