Windows 10: Weird issue with screen not coming back on

Discus and support Weird issue with screen not coming back on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've got a really annoying issue. I didn't have this problem on Vista/Win7, so it seems to be Win10 related. Its almost like this issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by youradds, Jul 13, 2016.

1. youradds Win User

Weird issue with screen not coming back on

Hi,

I've got a really annoying issue. I didn't have this problem on Vista/Win7, so it seems to be Win10 related.

Its almost like this issue (although I only have to leave it an hour or 2 - and it doesn't always do it!)

Screen doesn't turn back on sometimes after leaving on overnight - Windows 7 Help Forums

Basically, if I leave my PC on over lunch - it will go into screensaver mode, and eventually the screens go into power save (black screen).

Come back to the machine, move the mouse / press a key - and 2 out of the 3 screens work (just not the middle "primary" one). At first I thought it was a screen issue - but a reboot always fixes it (until it happens again)

The VERY odd thing - is that windows is still seeing and rendering the screen! Attached is a screenshot I took using "PrtScn" button, and then putting into Paint. As you can see, the middle screen is there just fine!

Weird issue with screen not coming back on [​IMG]

Yet this is what I'm actually seeing:

So bizarre!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to try?

Thanks!

Andy

:)

youradds, Jul 13, 2016
  2. fungel Win User

Download speed indicator in Edge browser

So how come Microsoft haven't come back on this issue?

It's weird - it doesn't seem like an advanced feature....

I certainly can't make Edge my default browser because of this....

Very disappointed.

fungel, Jul 13, 2016
  3. 5500 + tomtom

Yup, works fine,

only issue is that the icons in the menus are a little big for the screen, it only looks a bit weird, still works perfect.

Navigation voice comes out of my bluetooth carkit, NEAT!

doezel---01, Jul 13, 2016
  4. youradds Win User

Anyone? This is driving me nuts :S

youradds, Jul 19, 2016
  5. sneekez Win User
    Try turning the monitor off and on again instead of a reboot...

sneekez, Jul 19, 2016
  6. youradds Win User
    Thanks for the reply. Already tried that I'm afraid. Basically, turn it off - and the screens that were on are OK .... turn it back on, and then you keep getting a "ding" noise (where Windows is detecting it again) ... and then it basically keeps flickering the *good* screens on and off, every 10-15 seconds. So annoying *Sad

youradds, Jul 19, 2016
  7. sneekez Win User
    Reboot fixes it....Driver issue??? Power options??? Are you using 10586? I have the same problem but I can turn the monitor off and on again and it comes back up.

sneekez, Jul 19, 2016
  8. youradds Win User

Thanks for the reply again.

My system is:

And dxdiag for GFX card:

I did notice that there are new drivers out:

I've just updated, so will see how that works. I'm always a bit dubious of upgrading GFX drivers, as the last time I did, it buggered up the whole system (and had to revert to a 1 week old backup)

youradds, Jul 19, 2016
  9. sneekez Win User
    I noticed "generic pnp monitor". Have you tried the monitors drivers?

sneekez, Jul 19, 2016
  10. youradds Win User
    youradds, Jul 19, 2016
  11. sneekez Win User
    It might help...23 Multi Display Monitor | Samsung MD230X3 Bottom of page. Its a US site but it should work for your monitors. Make Restore points instead of relying on a back up...easier when experimenting.

sneekez, Jul 19, 2016
  12. youradds Win User
    Interesting... that driver install is telling me I already have it:

Maybe I'll just leave it for now, and see if the other driver update has fixed the issue (it doesn't happen that often, so maybe a week or so before I know)

Thanks!

youradds, Jul 19, 2016
  13. sneekez Win User

Your more than welcome. I would uninstall like above and reinstall the drivers. Good Luck!

sneekez, Jul 19, 2016
  14. youradds Win User
    Unfortunately, that driver update has made things worse *Sad I've had to go back to the restore point.

1) Every time I logged back into Windows, the whole of explorer crashed (and restarted itself)
    2) I got some weird stuff going on in Chrome:

Who would have thought that upgrading would make it worse! :/

youradds, Jul 20, 2016
  15. sneekez Win User
    Did you use the WHQL drivers or the beta? Did you do a clean install or upgrade to Win 10? Did it ever work correctly on Win 10?

sneekez, Jul 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Weird issue with screen not coming back on - Similar Threads - Weird issue screen

2. Screen won't come back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen won't come back on: I recently set my screen to turn off after 3 minutes as per the energy recomendations. I now find that the computer / screen wont come back about 1 in 5 times requiring a hold off the power button to turn off the computer then power back on. Which of course I lose anything I...
  3. Screen won't come back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen won't come back on: I recently set my screen to turn off after 3 minutes as per the energy recomendations. I now find that the computer / screen wont come back about 1 in 5 times requiring a hold off the power button to turn off the computer then power back on. Which of course I lose anything I...
  4. Computer freezes, then turns off display, and comes back weirdly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes, then turns off display, and comes back weirdly: This happened 4 times already, sometimes, when I'm editing in premiere pro the compute will completely freeze even cursor and caps lock after about 10 seconds, it disable the video output completely, and comes back after about 5 seconds, but when it comes back, it doesnt...
  5. Screen not coming back on after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen not coming back on after sleep: Since the latest update, the screen on my notebook will not come on after waking up from sleep. I can close my lid then re-open it later and it powers on, the keyboard lights up, I hear sounds, but no screen. I have to force shutdown (hold power button) and completely re-boot...
  6. weird screen reconnecting issue.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    weird screen reconnecting issue.: hi all. i got a realy strange issue. my screen randomly turns off/on again. but it does not happen when im in the BIOS or when im ingame...(call of duty 2) hardware: samsung p2770fd gpu NVIDIA geforce gt630 32 gb ram i73770k i run windows 10 pro. things i have tryed: use...
  7. weird screen reconnecting issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    weird screen reconnecting issue.: hi all. i got a realy strange issue. my screen randomly turns off/on again. but it does not happen when im in the BIOS or when im ingame...(call of duty 2) hardware: samsung p2770fd gpu NVIDIA geforce gt630 32 gb ram i73770k i run windows 10 pro. things i have tryed: use...
  8. Extreme Issues with OS Keep Coming Back

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extreme Issues with OS Keep Coming Back: I have had 0 issues with my PC up until a couple of months ago, otherwise it worked flawlessly for over two years. At this point I'm extremely confused by this issue, so I'll be trying to provide a ton of information so that I can hopefully get this resolved. A couple of...
  9. Message on screen keeps coming back.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Message on screen keeps coming back.: Hi. New to the forum, bit not to tek toys. I have recently set my PC from 8.1 to the free 10 upgrade offer. Everything's fine, 'Except' down in the bottom right hand corner a message keeps coming up.... "Activate Windows. Go to settings to activate Windows." I have gone...
  10. Weird screen dimming issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird screen dimming issue.: For the last few weeks I've had this bizarre issue where my screen will randomly dim. I can't click on anything when this happens.. The only way to fix it, is to either restart my computer or re-log. Any suggestions? 39736