Windows 10: Weird Issue With Skype

Discus and support Weird Issue With Skype in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Something weird is happening with Skype and I don't understand why. Both me and my spouse have desktop computers running Windows 10, however I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ditendra, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Ditendra Win User

Weird Issue With Skype

Something weird is happening with Skype and I don't understand why. Both me and my spouse have desktop computers running Windows 10, however I use insider program version and OS build version is a bit newer than hers. She has normal version, but up to date. We both had web version of skype, but I decided to use Microsoft store version. When uninstalling web versions and installing store versions, mine definitely got store version, I can tell by it's icon on the tray and interface inside, however her version still looks web version (same white title bar, same icon in tray) and when I checked versions of Skype, this is how it looks:

Mine:

Weird Issue With Skype bk3kUVT.png

Hers:

Weird Issue With Skype vnMcv1J.png

Why it's like that?

:)

Ditendra, Jul 11, 2020

2. skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Skype Microphone echo only on 1 Win Pc

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to resolve the issue?

As the issue persists with the Skype app, I suggest you to try the below if not yet tried and check if it helps:

• Try to log-in to Skype using different account on the same computer, access the microphone and check if the issue persists.
    • Try to log-in to Skype account on different computer using this account, access the microphone and check.

Also try the below if the issue still persists.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter to check if the issue persists.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

If issue still persists,

Step 2: Uninstall and re-install Skype from Windows Store.

You can also uninstall Skype app from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Programs and Features.

• Right click on Skype
      and select uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions.

Steps to Install Skype app:
    Log-in with administrator account, open
    Windows Store, search for Skype app and download latest version.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Vamkat Win User

Weird Issue With Skype

Skype chat synchronization issue

Step's to reproduce issue:

1. Login Skype user as A

2. Log out user A

3. Login Skype with user B

Issue: now I'm able to see both chat conversations of user A&B.

Can someone suggest that i can see only respective user's conversation?

Vamkat, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Weird Issue With Skype

1. Weird Issue With Skype - Similar Threads - Weird Issue Skype

2. Weird issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird issues: Earlier today, my computerlaptop froze and the screen became full of large flashing red dots. After restarting, my screen started flashing between what was supposed to be on my screen and what was on my screen before the freeze. However, over time, it went away. This has...
  3. minimized skype is acting weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    minimized skype is acting weird: When I restore a minimized Skype window, for some unknown reason Skype redraws the entire contents of the window and ditches any unsent text in the input boxes. Is there a fix to it? submitted by /u/cmpaxu_nampuapxa [link] [comments]...
  4. Weird issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Weird issue: Hi when i go to lock screen the screen goes to messed up colour's and cannot see anything but i goes away if i press windows key plus P to second second screen then i go back to pc screen only and it is correctly showing my pc any know issues :) 147951
  5. Skype connection issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype connection issues: Hey guys, I always use vpn with different countries while using skype. From past week when I login to my skype it always show reload on GUI but on system tray it show regular skype icon. And while I dropdown the profile it says active. Check the below attachments. GUI:...
  6. Issue with Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with Skype for Business: I recently bought a laptop. OS windows 10 . However i am unable to launch skype for business. It just flashes on the screen for a while and then disappears. IE version is IE11. Tried reinstalling and rebooting system. However it doesn't work. Please help. Thanks in Advance....
  7. Skype Syncing Issue

Skype Syncing Issue: I installed the latest Skype version on Windows 10. Unfortunately, Skype is not syncing contacts and messages. Looks like I've never used Skype before. Do assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-syncing-issue/e56f608e-3da9-41f9-9567-1eb69ee69fff
  8. Skype issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype issue: So I am on a Skype call with a friend, while playing a game. I can hear all his system sounds and his game come through. We also tried Discord and Teamspeak, same thing. He only had one Mic shown in record Tab, hidden devices shows no others. Stereo Mix is not enabled All...
  9. skype mic issue

skype mic issue: as soon as I turn skype on, the mic level starts to approach 100 per cent. Then the skype becomes unusable,,, Everything works fine otherwise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/skype-mic-issue/c9233cb1-bb97-43ae-8a2b-406bd57e43c4
  10. Edge and Skype show text in weird font

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge and Skype show text in weird font: Hi, When I search in Edge, Bing shows results in weird Font. Same is when I start Skype - my username is in the same weird font. Please, please help. I attach some screenshots. [img] [img] 22503