Windows 10: Weird issue with Task Manager & Networking tab/info

Discus and support Weird issue with Task Manager & Networking tab/info in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So im having a weird issue with task manager and im wondering if a means exists to force it. Let me explain. If i open task manager when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Jun 18, 2017.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Weird issue with Task Manager & Networking tab/info

So im having a weird issue with task manager and im wondering if a means exists to force it.

Let me explain.

If i open task manager when downloading anything at a reasonable speed, it shows me at 100% utilization. It didnt take long to figure out its interpreting me as having 100mbit capability and not gigabit capability Not only are both nic's 1000mb and negotiated as such as per device manager, but im downloading at hundreds of megabits per second. Well beyond what they would be capable if they were 100mb cards anyways.

(have 2 intel nics teamed via dynamic link aggregation inc ase its relevant)

:)

klepp0906, Jun 18, 2017
  2. Rhen Pal Win User

Network tab in Task manager is not working

Hi,

The possible cause could be the Update speed option in Task Manager is Disabled. We suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists:

1. Open Task Manager.

2. Under the View option, go to Update Speed.

3. Ensure that it is not paused. You can set it to Normal.

4. Restart the computer.

5. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Rhen Pal, Jun 18, 2017
  3. Dexter_S Win User
    Network tab in Task manager is not working

It was set to normal beforehand. I tried setting to other speeds to no avail.

Dexter_S, Jun 18, 2017
Thema:

Weird issue with Task Manager & Networking tab/info

1. Weird issue with Task Manager & Networking tab/info - Similar Threads - Weird issue Task

2. Task Manager Performance Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Performance Tab: Windows 11 22H2 22621.1702 Retail OEM VersionQuestion is in Task Manager-> Performance I can see the temperature of my GPU...Why can't it show the temperature of my CPU?...
  3. Task manager is being weird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Task manager is being weird: So I opened task manager and first I saw that Netflix is open which it was not and then three other programs with it and one of them was the runtime broker, I checked the file location of the runtime broker and it is the official windows one but why is it under Netflix?...
  4. Task manager is being weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager is being weird: So I opened task manager and first I saw that Netflix is open which it was not and then three other programs with it and one of them was the runtime broker, I checked the file location of the runtime broker and it is the official windows one but why is it under Netflix?...
  5. Task manager is being weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Task Manager - Startup tab

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager - Startup tab: I found these 3 entries and am wondering why when I right click, the "Open file location" and "Properties" are greyed out. Hoping someone can help me find out what these are win10 version 2004 Thanks Richard [img] 169438
  7. Weird Task Manager behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Task Manager behavior: I've noticed something odd with task manager on my PC and maybe someone can tell me why it is happening. When i launch Guild Wars 2 game launcher starts normally and this launcher is listed in task manager. When I enter my credentials and start the actual game game launcher...
  8. Weird process in task manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird process in task manager: So I booted up my computer this morning and looked into task manager after logging in, I noticed that a process named "setup" was having a ton of disk activity. I tried to open file location and properties on it multiple times and nothing came up from windows explorer. It...
  9. Task manager/startup tab

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager/startup tab: I'm getting ready to clone a SSD and replace the HDD on an older laptop running Win 10 1809 on a core i7-5720M with 8 GB ram. I've cleaned it up best I know how short of running sfc /scannow... which I'm getting ready to do before the clone. I'm curious what the BIOS time...
  10. task manager performance tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager performance tab: I use Windows 10 1809 with latest update. my laptop asus x556ur core i3 with 4gb ram and 2 gb Nvidia gpu. my task manager performance tab is missing gpu process tab. no intel nor Nvidia . I have ran sfc scan ,tried every option of task manager . it was there before . I'm...