Windows 10: weird issue with .wdp picture files and tagging issues

Discus and support weird issue with .wdp picture files and tagging issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a weird issue with tagging .wdp and/or .jpg files. The moment I tag a picture, save it, and try to open it I get the following error:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FernandCharlebois, Feb 16, 2020.

1. weird issue with .wdp picture files and tagging issues

Hi all,

I have a weird issue with tagging .wdp and/or .jpg files. The moment I tag a picture, save it, and try to open it I get the following error: %filename and path% : "Can't read file header! Unknown file format, empty/damaged file or file not found!".

The weirdest part is I can reboot my PC immediately, and then those pictures are available to view AND the tag is applied to those pictures and everything works perfectly. Irfranview is used as the viewer. Before the reboot, Windows sees the files as if they are corrupt and I can't see the image in Windows Explorer view. I did an experiment, I reapplied the ownership rights to my name again, and then the pictures were working and viewable.

I've made sure I'm owner of the folders and sub folders, I've done an SFC /scannow, and a CHKDSK without finding any errors.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

:)

FernandCharlebois, Feb 16, 2020

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

weird issue with .wdp picture files and tagging issues [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Tagging pictures.

Hi,

If issue is still persisting try to set picture library as default and then see if it helps you to fix the issue. Refer to the steps provided below to restore it to default.

• Press Windows key + Q.
    • Type Libraries in the search box.
    • Right click on Pictures, Select
      properties.
    • Click on Restore Defaults.
    • Click Apply and then OK.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 16, 2020
  4. VacaV Win User

weird issue with .wdp picture files and tagging issues

Another Issue w/ WLPG : choppy pictures when advancing to the right

When advancing to the right from one photo to another in WLPG parts of the previous picture come along. In the advanced picture I will be looking at parts of two pictures. When advancing to the left there is no chopped up picture. Thinking this was an HP Spectrex360 issue I sent my laptop in for repair. HP returned the laptop stating it wasn't their issue. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and used the repair function. All of which didn't change the behavior. My other two PCs, an HP i7 Pavilion (~5 years old) and a Microsoft Surface Pro (i5), both upgraded to Windows 10 have not displayed the behavior noted above. On the Microsoft forum a recent Dell laptop owner described the same issue.

Any suggestions / Has anyone else experience the choppy picture behavior described here and have a solution?

VacaV, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

weird issue with .wdp picture files and tagging issues

1. weird issue with .wdp picture files and tagging issues - Similar Threads - weird issue wdp

2. WEIRD ISSUE....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WEIRD ISSUE....: Hey thereso I got a really strange issue.my firefox browser is having weird lines on each corner except the top bar.and anyone tell me how to fix it?coz i tried uninstalling it and re-installing it again but nothing seems to work.I have other browsers installed but they don't...
  3. Weird Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Issue: today i noticed that on every key i press he pop out on my screen and i dont know how to cancel it. if anyone could help here is a picture of how it looks. thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-issue/0cdc4598-59fe-4f21-83a4-6bf529b913f0
  4. Weird Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Issue: today i noticed that on every key i press he pop out on my screen and i dont know how to cancel it. if anyone could help here is a picture of how it looks. thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-issue/0cdc4598-59fe-4f21-83a4-6bf529b913f0
  5. Weird issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird issues: Earlier today, my computerlaptop froze and the screen became full of large flashing red dots. After restarting, my screen started flashing between what was supposed to be on my screen and what was on my screen before the freeze. However, over time, it went away. This has...
  6. Picture Files and issue opening individual pictures.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture Files and issue opening individual pictures.: While opening individual pictures to see them on the full screen I have to double click and they always pop up and a box shows up on taskbar. Click the taskbar and picture also enlarges. In the process of doing this after about placing a couple of pictures on the screen the...
  7. tagging pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    tagging pictures: So i have just spent two hrs trying to complete 1 simple task on my windows 10 microsoft surface. I am accessing all my photos and videos via my seagate external harddrive. I open a video folder by date. I right click on a video and access "details" then "properties" I type...
  8. Weird issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Weird issue: Hi when i go to lock screen the screen goes to messed up colour's and cannot see anything but i goes away if i press windows key plus P to second second screen then i go back to pc screen only and it is correctly showing my pc any know issues :) 147951
  9. Tagged pictures

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Tagged pictures: How do I change the name on a tagged picture or move to correct tagged name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tagged-pictures/056ba80b-36a0-416d-a3c6-7cfbe844d75a"
  10. Weird Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Issue: Hi guys. Bit of a strange issue. Sometimes when i use a particular burning program (ConvertXTOdvd), and following closing of the program for some reason whenever i begin browsing and Firefox opens, it won't show its open on the Taskbar but will be open in the screen if that...