Windows 10: Weird issue with windows defender

Discus and support Weird issue with windows defender in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since yesterday when i start some applicactions(like Fortnite, league of legends and discord i tried other app like some steam games and some blizzard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Slasher626, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Weird issue with windows defender

Since yesterday when i start some applicactions(like Fortnite, league of legends and discord i tried other app like some steam games and some blizzard games with no problem meaning that it didnt crash), MsMpEng.exe crash with BEX64, this didnt happen at all before and i didnt update anything besides windows defender. So im guessing its an issue with the update because i restarted the service everytime with no problem at all (yet) and i runned the sfc /scannow and the dism commands.

Any one else with this bizarre problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

submitted by /u/Slasher626
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Slasher626, Apr 3, 2021

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    win 10 defender issues

Hi,

Windows Defender helps in making your computer secure from any viruses or malware. Listed below are some reasons why the program will not work properly:

• Software conflicts (usually cause with other anti-virus application)
    • Virus and malware infection
    • Corrupted system files

To help you with the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by
    PrashantKumar96
    on this thread
    that can help in running your Windows Defender successfully.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Weird issue with windows defender

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Weird issue with windows defender

1. Weird issue with windows defender - Similar Threads - Weird issue defender

2. weird issue - Microsoft Defender antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    weird issue - Microsoft Defender antivirus: i have a very weird issue !1. Microsoft Defender detects a malware2. i allowed the malware to run on my system 3. allowed threats is empty!4. i re-execute the infected app5. defender shows no alert !so the malware is running and it's allowed but i can't remove it from allowe...
  3. Windows weird issues?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows weird issues?: Hi guys not sure if this is the right place to ask but sometimes when I turn on my pc the windows start won't open up and the taskbar won't work in general. Usually when that happens if I try to open chrome it just keeps opening multiple windows and when I try to type...
  4. Weird issue with Windows

Weird issue with Windows: Hello, good day to you all. I've been facing some unusual issues with Windows as follows: 1) When I click the wifi icon in the task bar, nothing opens and so, I can't see any available networks. I am still connected to my default one. I tried restarting task bar using the...
  5. Defender acting weird...

Defender acting weird...: Hey all, yesterday I had a random crash where my fans started going crazy as my monitors both powered off. I rebooted & it said it was repairing my D: drive 2TB hard-drive with most of my work on it. This morning this happened again, although there was no repair message. The...
  6. Weird Windows issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Windows issues: So since a while I'm having weird problems with my Windows. - Whenever I play any audio which has navigation buttons rewind, play, pause, forward, including playing youtube videos Windows gives me this desktop player overlay on the top left on the screen, which is normal....
  7. Windows defender is acting weird.

Windows defender is acting weird.: So, I recently got a brand new computer, and I wanted to personalize some of my settings. I went to windows defender, and when I tried to open some of the settings, I kept getting the "You'll need a new app to open this" window. I've been having a hard time trying to find a...
  8. Weird windows defender notification

Weird windows defender notification: I was compressing a folder, and a notification by Windows Defender popped up saying: "Your IT administrator requires a security scan of this item. The scan could take up to 10 seconds." I don't ever recall receiving this message in the past, and the computer I use is a home...
  9. Weird Defender Issue i Believe

Weird Defender Issue i Believe: Hello All Updated my System 1809 Pro build to 17763.134, restarted, Then My Fans kicked up to high speed for a good 5-10 minutes, Defender still shows after Full Scan Threats found, despite i checked with every single other portable program and also Eset online scan So far...
  10. Weird issue copying files with Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird issue copying files with Windows Defender: Hello. I am posting this thread here because it's not related to security at all. I formatted a somewhat old Toshiba Satellite laptop yesterday (2GB RAM, w10 x86 pro 17134.376). Everything running smooth and such. But then I went to put user's personal files back (44GB...