Windows 10: Weird issues, possibly a bad driver?

Discus and support Weird issues, possibly a bad driver? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having some strange behavior. When I first boot up Windows, if I open Chrome immediately, it opens in under a second. However, once I've waited a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dimdom94, Dec 30, 2018.

1. dimdom94 Win User

Weird issues, possibly a bad driver?

I'm having some strange behavior. When I first boot up Windows, if I open Chrome immediately, it opens in under a second. However, once I've waited a minute, Chrome then takes 6-7 seconds to open. I've tried closing every program that I can, including processes in the Task Manager, and Services. Some other weird behavior: controllers (such as an XBOX One controller) will take minutes to be detected in games, and will sometimes cut out. This happens over Bluetooth and over USB. Also, every so often, the entire OS will freeze for a few seconds. If I am watching a video, the audio will sometimes continue, but all video will be frozen, including the mouse.

I am thinking there are some strange driver shenanigans going on here. When I boot into safe mode, Chrome always opens immediately. Here are my system specs:

Windows 10 Pro

Intel i7 8700K

16GB RAM

GTX 1070

:)

dimdom94, Dec 30, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Bad driver to DVD-player

Hi,

The issue might cause if the drivers are not updated. So, I suggest you to update the driver software by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows key + R” type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

If the issue still persists, download the latest drivers from the manufacturer and install the same.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Screen weird different color strap issue

Hi,

Since the weird color strap also occurs in other apps, it seems that your graphics card driver is causing the issue. For us to better assist you with this, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you install any Windows updates prior to this issue (e.g. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update)?
    • What is the make and model of your graphics card?

In the meantime, we suggest updating the graphics card driver, and see if the issue will still occur.

Riel Alc, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird issues, possibly a bad driver? - Similar Threads - Weird issues possibly

2. Weird Stutter Issue Possible Cause Ram

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird Stutter Issue Possible Cause Ram: I have a weird stutter issue. Searched it on the internet, i think i am the first one facing this problem. So the issue starts when my laptop is in sleep mode and i move the laptop. When i turn it on, whole system is on stutter. If i move the mouse , it moves then stutter...
  3. Weird Stutter Issue Possible Cause Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Stutter Issue Possible Cause Ram: I have a weird stutter issue. Searched it on the internet, i think i am the first one facing this problem. So the issue starts when my laptop is in sleep mode and i move the laptop. When i turn it on, whole system is on stutter. If i move the mouse , it moves then stutter...
  4. Weird Stutter Issue Possible Cause Ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WiFi problems possible bad driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi problems possible bad driver: I've had problems with the WiFi on my Windows 11 laptop. It does not show the 5G networks even when close to the router other devices can access the 5G networks and it refuses to connect to the 2.4G networks. After saying 'Can't connect to this network', it refreshes and...
  6. WiFi problems possible bad driver

WiFi problems possible bad driver: I've had problems with the WiFi on my Windows 11 laptop. It does not show the 5G networks even when close to the router other devices can access the 5G networks and it refuses to connect to the 2.4G networks. After saying 'Can't connect to this network', it refreshes and...
  7. Possible Driver Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible Driver Issue: My PC keeps restarting when playing various games. They're all games that the hardware should easily run and I've gone through aa myriad of steps to attempt a fix on this issue. I recently found a post on here regarding running a driver verifier and did that. Now I'm trying...
  8. Possible Driver Issue

Possible Driver Issue: My PC keeps restarting when playing various games. They're all games that the hardware should easily run and I've gone through aa myriad of steps to attempt a fix on this issue. I recently found a post on here regarding running a driver verifier and did that. Now I'm trying...
  9. Possible bad drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possible bad drivers: Hey guys, I've been getting quite alot of bluescreens for a while now since I built this computer in January this year. I've been doing alot of troubleshooting using Memtest and Intel Diagnostic tool for CPU. I found a thread...
  10. Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possibly Bad Graphics Driver Related BSODS: Hey all, Recently I've been having issues with BSODs that appear to be coming from my graphics card, but I've no real way to check and make sure so wanted to get an opinion or two on what to do. Google Drive link to zip file:...