Windows 10: Weird issues with PC, BitDefender related?

Discus and support Weird issues with PC, BitDefender related? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/AcceptableMenu9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtvcaq/weird_issues_with_pc_bitdefender_related/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AcceptableMenu9, May 31, 2020.

1. Weird issues with PC, BitDefender related?

/u/AcceptableMenu9, May 31, 2020
  2. Vijay B Win User

BitDefender missing

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I would suggest you to search for BitDefender in the search next to start. If you are not able to find and if you have BitDefender CD/DVD, then I would suggest you to re-install BitDefender.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, May 31, 2020
  3. Is Bitdefender recognized

IMO it's best to uninstall each and every security product before upgrading and to also use the appropriate removal tool from this list:

List of anti-malware product removal tools

I suggest you ask/inform yourself if your Bitdefender product is compatible with Windows 10 and then install it after upgrading to Windows 10...

Bitdefender support...

Antivirus Support - Bitdefender Support Center

Support Consumer Archive - Bitdefender

and/or in their Forum:
    http://forum.bitdefender.com/

Cheers,

J

Jsssssssss, May 31, 2020
  4. Weird issues with PC, BitDefender related?

New Bitdefender 2016 Release and Issue

Today Bitdefender released its latest version of its anti-virus suit. Bitdefender 2016. They have introduced a cool new module to help keep people safe from ransomware. You can even set what documents you want to protect in particular which in itself is awesome. The firewall has also been revamped.

With that being said I was excited to upgrade to Bitdefender 2016 today when it released after running the beta and running Bitdefender 2015 for over a year without issue. Sadly the developers have dropped the ball. Apparently once you install Bitdefender 2016 you will not be able to shut down your computer. You can only put it to sleep. Even if you restart the system get ready for a LONG wait.

Concerned I did something wrong I contacted Bitdefender directly and also checked their forums. The same issue is all over the place. I wasn't alone. Bitdefender currently is aware of the issue and has been able to replicate it. So if you are a Bitdefender user I would personally hold off on "upgrading" for a while and stick with what you have. Also note Bitdefender 2015 runs great on Windows 10 and earlier OS versions.

Ill post back once I get confirmation from Bitdefender the issue has been resolved. I have a feeling it has to do with the new ransomware module. Just wanted to give TPU users a heads up. I just cannot belive they didn't run into this before launch. The beta testing was pretty extreme. I guess it wasn't enough lol.

TheMailMan78, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Weird issues with PC, BitDefender related?

1. Weird issues with PC, BitDefender related? - Similar Threads - Weird issues BitDefender

2. WEIRD ISSUE....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WEIRD ISSUE....: Hey thereso I got a really strange issue.my firefox browser is having weird lines on each corner except the top bar.and anyone tell me how to fix it?coz i tried uninstalling it and re-installing it again but nothing seems to work.I have other browsers installed but they don't...
  3. My PC is having weird problems related to connecting to the Wi-Fi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is having weird problems related to connecting to the Wi-Fi.: So when I turn on my PC the first problem I face is it doesn't shows Wi-Fi, I mean that earth type icon only shows flight mode after being clicked. Then I have to restart my PC for at least 2 or 3 times and then it shows and after connecting to my Wi-Fi not more than 4-5...
  4. My PC is having weird problems related to connecting to the Wi-Fi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is having weird problems related to connecting to the Wi-Fi.: So when I turn on my PC the first problem I face is it doesn't shows Wi-Fi, I mean that earth type icon only shows flight mode after being clicked. Then I have to restart my PC for at least 2 or 3 times and then it shows and after connecting to my Wi-Fi not more than 4-5...
  5. My PC is having weird problems related to connecting to the Wi-Fi.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Bitdefender issue - currently configuring Bitdefender VPN & not finishing after many hours.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitdefender issue - currently configuring Bitdefender VPN & not finishing after many hours.: There is a warning saying DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR DEVICE, do not restart whilst configuring. Could Windows preventing the completion of the Bitdefender configuration? Its manual says the whole configuration should take a few moments so I'm assuming it is failing to do it. Is...
  7. WiFi connectivity related issues on my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi connectivity related issues on my PC: I bought a PC without wireless adapter inbuilt, so I took the one from my father's PC, however, after some time I started noticing, that when I am running several downloads or webpages, the adapter would crash, disabling the adapter and switching it on would help. Also, ping...
  8. asking about issues related to pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    asking about issues related to pc: i just unninstalled the chrome opera browser microsoft share point designer microsoft picture manager greenshot screenshot app/extension microsoft edge updated version also i transfered the 40gb data from pc to usb drive now laptop runs smoothly but when installed this...
  9. Bitdefender

Bitdefender: I have Bitdefender - can windows security be on too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/bitdefender/8402e31d-fd6d-4f5e-adc0-d55ed4c93d21
  10. Bitdefender

Bitdefender: I have eliminated BitDefender, and now it sometimes appears me the error message that I attach. What is it? What does he/she want to say? How do I do to eliminate him/it? Thanks 99927