Windows 10: Weird Key Functions

Discus and support Weird Key Functions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I have come across a strange thing happening on my PC. When I use some letter keys on my keyboard ('s', 'y' & 'a') the sound on my PC toggles on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Allan Derwort, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Weird Key Functions

Hi. I have come across a strange thing happening on my PC. When I use some letter keys on my keyboard ('s', 'y' & 'a') the sound on my PC toggles on and off. I am not pressing any other keys at the same time, just these keys by themselves. It is most obvious when typing. Any ideas of how I can stop this would be most appreciated. Regards. Allan

:)

Allan Derwort, Oct 14, 2019

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Weird Key Functions

Inverting Function Keys

Hi Daeri,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you able to use function keys using on screen keyboard?

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to try using on screen keyboard and check if you are able to use the functionality of function key.

To open on screen keyboard, type on screen keyboard in the
    search box on the taskbar and select on screen keyboard.

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Weird Key Functions

1. Weird Key Functions - Similar Threads - Weird Key Functions

2. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  3. Function Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function Keys: Hi, how do I make a certain Fn key disabled and reprogram it for another use? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/7966f3a3-0163-4e51-83b7-203ac4f42301
  4. Windows key not functional and apps being weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key not functional and apps being weird.: I've been experiencing a problem where 15-30 minutes after I boot up my PC, the System app opens up whenever I press my windows key. This comes with other issues, including not holding down keys and not selecting messages occasionally. This happens at random, and I have yet...
  5. Windows key not functional and apps being weird.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows key not functional and apps being weird.: I've been experiencing a problem where 15-30 minutes after I boot up my PC, the System app opens up whenever I press my windows key. This comes with other issues, including not holding down keys and not selecting messages occasionally. This happens at random, and I have yet...
  6. Windows key not functional and apps being weird.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Got A weird line below every single function key

Got A weird line below every single function key: Hi anyone got any idea to fix this ? I very appreciate if you guys help me The issue is got a line below every single word at every function key...
  8. Function keys

Function keys: I have the Microsoft bluetooth keyboards and would like to be able to use the function keys like a normal keyboard. How can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/function-keys/95b2359d-6356-490f-a73a-06783cea15a2
  9. Function Keys

Function Keys: I accidently pressed a function key with another key (don't know which for sure) and now ALL my text (letters) are in miniature. Since I don't which keys caused this, I don't know which ones will reverse the situation....
  10. The function keys

in Windows 10 Support
    The function keys: I have an HP 15ayoo9dx lap top. The Function keys (or action keys as they call them) can be enabled or disabled by going in the BIOS. I’m trying to decide if I want to disable or enable. What is the difference? Thank you. 71327

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard functions weird