Windows 10: Weird Keyboard Behavior after installing Avast Antivirus

Discus and support Weird Keyboard Behavior after installing Avast Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today im installed Avast free antivirus. After installation process is done, my keyboard behave weirdly. Many keyboard isnt working anymore. Some... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Disil07, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Disil07 Win User

Weird Keyboard Behavior after installing Avast Antivirus

Today im installed Avast free antivirus. After installation process is done, my keyboard behave weirdly. Many keyboard isnt working anymore. Some button, like Space bar will show up a menu when you right click on title bar.

To fix it, Im uninstalling Avast, and the isssues is gone.

Just wondering why this happened, and how?

:)

Disil07, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Jsssssssss, Mar 15, 2021
  3. RejZoR Win User
    avast! 6.0 antivirus released!

AVAST Software has officially launched their brand new flagship product avast! Antivirus in many flavors.
    The version 6 brings the 6th gear of performance in scan speed and detection, featuring even faster scan engine with many scan optimizations, improved detection methods and brand new and unique features.

What's new?
    - Script Shield
    Now also available in Free Antivirus!

- Auto Sandbox
    Automatic sandboxing of suspicious programs. This makes avast! 6.0 Free the first antivirus to provide virtualization technology to the free users!

- Behavior Shield
    It was available before, but this time also brings fully automated logic for detection of unknown malware through behavioral analysis without any user interaction. For both, free and payable users.

- WebRep browser plugin
    This plugin provides avast! users with a tool for webpage rating. So you can always know what kind of page you're visiting, how other users rate it and what's its content.

- SafeZone
    This brand new and very unique technology only available in avast!. What's so unique about SafeZone is perfectly isolated and secured environment where keyloggers, hijackers and password stealers can't steal your important data. Once you fire up the SafeZone, you'll see a new desktop which already has Chromium installed and secured inside, ready for worry free shopping and banking. If the shop is verified and is using secure HTTPS connection there is almost impossible to steal your sensitive data.

These are the greatest new features but there are plenty of minor and less visible "under the hood" improvements. For more detailed info, visit http://www.avast.com and check them out.
    avast! webpage is experiencing some problems because it's getting hammered by millions of users, but you can also download latest avast! 6.0 from Apps for Windows - CNET Download .

RejZoR, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Le Boule Win User

Avast Antivirus

If you've previously encountered issues with Malwarebytes then you may want to avoid using it.

If Avast and Adwcleaner find no malware issues then you may have eliminated any problems though the use of "Torrents" may expose your computer to additional risks.

Other scanners that may help with malware issues are listed at

List
    of Malware Removal Tools

Good luck...

Le Boule, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Weird Keyboard Behavior after installing Avast Antivirus - Similar Threads - Weird Keyboard Behavior

2. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  3. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  4. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Avast AntiVirus Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Avast AntiVirus Bug: Hi team, I have been facing this problem from yesterday, Avast anti virus installing automatically , I didn't even download the setup and I am pretty much sure I uninstalled the Anti virus yesterday but When I logged in today the anti virus program was there , I have Mcfee...
  6. Is Avast a safe Antivirus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Avast a safe Antivirus?: I recently found a free antivirus software called Avast. I'm just wondering if it is safe to install and if it is worth it. If you can, please answer ASAP. My McAfee is running out. I have seen other users encounter BSoD(STOP) errors and viruses that made its way onto the...
  7. Avast antivirus solution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Avast antivirus solution: How Can I Fix Avast Antivirus Error 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avast-antivirus-solution/9cef230e-4f8d-45ca-ab3e-dc847220bc28
  8. Avast Antivirus Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Avast Antivirus Problem: Hi, I have a desktop PC and recently installed windows10 OS Then when that was up and running I went to install an antivirus. I wasn't aware that Windows Defender was part of the package and so I went to look for an antivirus program. I like Chome browser and read that...
  9. BSOD After windows 10 update/avast antivirus installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After windows 10 update/avast antivirus installation: Attachment 117791 I noticed the BSOD popping in about the time I've updated the recent windows 10 OR avast antivirus. I know the antivirus came first and the update of windows 10 came later, but some of the forums did mention that antivirus incompatibility might have...
  10. Weird behavior after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird behavior after update: I had a recent update of win10. After that everything is ok except when I launch applications a small window with an html file open with the buttons save and open. If I open they open in the browser but nothing happen if I save them the same because the message is till...